Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Do You Believe The Minn Vikings Will Ever Win a SB

When I first started supporting the Vikes I always thought it was only a matter of time before we won a Superbowl, fast forward nearly 25 years and although I still hope I no longer "believe". What I mean by that is I come from a European soccer background where the teams with the most money will always prevail. The good thing with the stucture of the NFL I thought, was sooner or later you should end up with at least a shot at the big prize.

However four NFCCG losses, the potential of the franchise moving and the feeling that if we don't win this year things don't look particularly rosy down the line kind of changed things. To be honest it was after last years Championship game that I really lost the true belief that It would happen some day. I mean it's a fact that some teams just never get it done for whatever reason, it's certainly possible we fall into that group.

Don't get me wrong this doesn't mean I'm giving up on the team, I mean being a supporter of the Scottish national soccer team means I know it's not all about winning! And who knows maybe Favre's career will have the Hollywood ending we all wish for, but for me although I hope, I can no longer expect.

Re: Do You Believe The Minn Vikings Will Ever Win a SB

I have been thinking the same thing. I really hope they can make it happen in my lifetime as well as my dads. It would mean a ton.

We have the talent right now, we just can't get it together. New head coach anyone?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

After 22 years it's just a wish. I dont want to be like the Browns, they become the Ravens and win one.

I want to see it bad, and it hurt the Aints won one before us

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Do You Believe The Minn Vikings Will Ever Win

Talk to me after Childress has been fired.
    None

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Ever is a very very long time.

I still believe. If the Saints can do it, if the Buccaneers can do it, if the Broncos can finally do it...

Hell yes, we can too.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

purplejokr is offline Rookie

I've been a Viking fan for a long, long time and I thought that last season was THE year to win a Super Bowl. That is why I posted last year that if the Vikings DO NOT win Super Bowl 44 then last season was a failure.

I no longer believe. Now, I hope.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Some interesting replies my friends.......

I still think we have a shot this year. Rationale, ...

a. I think 9-7 could still wind up winning the Div.
    b. I think 9-7 could still even get us in a Wildcard.
    c. As weak as the NFC is this year, all you have to do is get into the playoffs and you have a damn fine shot at making it to the big dance.
    d. Historically, teams like to play well at the onset of the season but really want thier team to peak towards the end of the season so you are clicking in the playoffs.

Seriously, when you stop and think about it, a bit better play at RDE (DL) and our already highly ranked defense will be at the level they need to be for the playoffs.

OL seemed to take a huge step last week with the return of Sully.

WR's are starting to click and El Syd is just a few weeks away.

AD is awesome as usual and Toby showed some flash last week.

Fix the QB play with TJ winning a couple while the Noodle heals (Body and soul).

Starts this weekend with the Pats. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I believe that we will, but I don't know that it will be with Childress. I also know that anything is possible. Trent Dilfer of all people won a SB. There are others whom have won. Look at the saints. We can do it.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Remember that the season does get a bit easier the last 8 games of the season. Sydney will be back by then and who knows. I do know this. Childress should never come out in the media and criticize any player through the press. Always behind closed doors. Bad move Chilly. If he would spend his time getting our players and that playbook ready, we'd be in a better place now.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

Great thread. After 40 years as a diehard Vikings fan I'll say that, yes, we will eventually win a Super Bowl. It's a one season deal now and lightning can strike at anytime- see Saints, Bucs, Ravens, Rams. But I don't think it will be for another several years. Childress is not the coach to take us there. Favre isn't the QB to take us there. We will need the franchise QB and I don't see him sailing into town anytime soon. They will do it but I might not be around to see it. My plan is to start working out, eat sensibly, quit drinking, and maybe live to a 110. I may get to see us win the SB but I'll be miserable (miserabler?) waiting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast