Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Do you all think we are done?

As many of you know, I am definitely Mr. Positive when it comes to the Purple Gang, but this loss really tears it for me! No offense to Moss, but at any other time in any other game, that play call for Moss to throw would have been a nice call, but NOT, I REPEAT NOT, with the game and their playoff lives on the line! Tice is fully responsible for this loss today (well, OK, 90% Tice and 10% defense), and he doesn't deserve to keep his job unless they make the playoffs and make a long run. NO QUESTION. Who's with me?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"shockzilla" wrote:
    As many of you know, I am definitely Mr. Positive when it comes to the Purple Gang, but this loss really tears it for me! No offense to Moss, but at any other time in any other game, that play call for Moss to throw would have been a nice call, but NOT, I REPEAT NOT, with the game and their playoff lives on the line! Tice is fully responsible for this loss today (well, OK, 90% Tice and 10% defense), and he doesn't deserve to keep his job unless they make the playoffs and make a long run. NO QUESTION. Who's with me?
    i'm with you... but i would only let him keep his job if they win the at least the first playoff game and wears a t-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid" with the arrow pointing up at his stupid thick head!

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Well I wouldn't necessarily be too worried about a playoff run that's for sure!! Just getting into the playoffs will be a miracle but it's not impossible. What dagger to the heart today. Everybody in my opinion today had some good plays, but just enough bad ones that cost us throughout the game.

Coaches:
    Dumb call to challenge on 3rd and millimetres

Not a bad idea for the option pass, but why when we were moving the ball just fine previously?

I also think we should be getting way more offense from the team we have, even with all the injuries...I don't think some of our plays are designed all that well, as well as some of the play calling.

Culpepper:
    Some nice passes..but....missed on lot of his long shots. Has played okay in the last few games, but nowhere near how he was playing...(passing in particular) in the first 6 games.

Moss: ...some nice catches, nice job in getting the penalty flag, but bad idea to pass on that option.

Running game: some nice runs...but, fumbled the ball at the worst time.

Defensive line: stop them enough to give the offense a chance to win and got some sacks...but, couldn't stop them early that set the Hawks up for points.

Defensive backs: Made some interceptions...but, got burned when it counted the most.

This might not be the same team as last year, but the results show a lot of similarity. I myself think Tice will be gone next year...where's Mike Shanahan!!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

uncle tony is offline Rookie

We make the playoffs, but I don't see us winning on the road. The play calling is sooooooooo bad. The defense has no idea where there suppose to be. Did you see Thomas with his head turned the other way on that third down play? Then they throw it to the guy he needs to cover. No excuse for that.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    NEWSFLASH JACK ASS!!! Davis stepped down almost 3 weeks ago! You live in Ohio and do not know that?
    my bad meant to say that he would still be unemployed

poult is offline Asst. Coach

i dont even blame the defense at all, the offense and tice cost us this game.

ive supported him since he became the vikings coach, but damn......... i just cant support him anymore.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

loudog is offline Training Camp

i dont even blame the defense at all, the offense and tice cost us this game.

ive supported him since he became the vikings coach, but damn......... i just cant support him anymore.
    I completely agree. The defense had some letdowns, but they had enough big plays to keep us in the game. The offense is underachieving, while the defense is playing as everyone expected. If the offense could have generated some points after the defense got us the ball back, it would have made a big difference. I am not saying our defense is great by any means (because they're not), but the offense has just plain sucked the last few games.
    What s the use of autonomy when a button does it all?

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

I am usually one of the most optimistic fans that I know. I am going to continue that, IF Green Bay finishes up with a loss today, wins the next two weeks in DOMES would give the Vikings the NFC North title, which would mean a home game in the playoffs. I think this is a very reasonable proposition and I am very optimistic.

Sig courtesy of josdin00

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    I am usually one of the most optimistic fans that I know. I am going to continue that, IF Green Bay finishes up with a loss today, wins the next two weeks in DOMES would give the Vikings the NFC North title, which would mean a home game in the playoffs. I think this is a very reasonable proposition and I am very optimistic.
    Very true. Lets face it, we should still win our final 3 games. If Detroit holds on today then we will be sitting very good for the division title. Despite what happened today we are still a very tough home team. You gotta think we will win that first round playoff game at home. Hopefully we can get that #3 seed so when we do win our first round game we can go to Atlanta because I know we can beat them. Now the only question is "Can we beat Philly on the road?" This loss did suck today, but we're still going to be in the NFC championship where anything can happen. If you can't tell, I too am very optimistic when it comes to the Vikes.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

We would have won this game if our offense could have scored more than 3 points in the second half, ugh.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast