Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: Do we need another Viking fan?

credit cards are not like real money! bid bid bid!
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

If you have not already done it. Read the questions from other members below his auction. They are even funnier and his replys are great.
    I.B.O.T. #213

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

lol thats great!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am helping the guy out here. I put in a bid (not winning though) and now its up to $265! Check out my bid: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=8730484413

Prophet Guest

I've been a loyal Detroit Lion's fan for more than twenty years but after Thursday's loss, I can't take it any more.

I'm selling my services as a National Footbal League fan to the highest bidder.

I CAN BE A FAN FOR YOUR TEAM!

The winning bidder will get to pick my new favorite NFL team. I will root loudly and enthusiastically for my new team for the remainder of the 2005-2006 season and the entire 2006-2007 season.

This auction ain't no oddly shaped, pseudo-holy food item: This is 100% testosterone filled National Football League Fan that will be a fanatic for YOUR TEAM.

I'll watch televised games

I will discuss my new team at the water cooler after every win or terrible loss.

If I ever play fantasy football, I'll draft players from my new favorite NFL team first.

If the final bid is $5.00 or more, I'll put a bumper sticker of my new NFL favorite team on my car (a Pontiac Vibe, not a FORD) and send the winning bidder a picture to prove it.

If the bid exceeds $25.00, I'll make my own t-shirt for my new favorite team and wear it on game days.

If the bid exceeds $75.00, I'll buy a jersey and wear it on game day (instead of the t-shirt ).

If my new team makes it to the super bowl I am committed to wearing a foam-number-one-finger for the duration of the game.

* If 'the general manager of the Lions(MM)' pays me $2,500 cash, I will end this auction early and remain a Lions fan. It could be his first guaranteed win of the season.

** Mininum bid of $2,499 required for those wanting me to be a fan for the Browns, Ravens, Cardinals or Packers. Those are the teams the Lions managed to beat this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Nov-28-05 at 16:21:30 PST, seller added the following information:

Also, for the record, on Xbox, Xbox 360, or Playstation 2 (PS2), while playing Madden football, I will select ALL my players from my new favorite NFL team.

No, I'm not a teenager, just a 39 year old big kid!
    LMAO, looks like he is actually providing a service of sorts. Too funny.

Here are the first few pages of the Q&As:

Q: Great idea and very amusing, thanks for posting all the questions, you seem smart and funny. Question: What do you think of the Bengals stripes ? Good Luck. Please let us know who the winning team is when's its over somehow.
    Dec-08-05
    A: Would love to wear the orange and black!

Q: the cost of this auction has gotten a bit out of my price range, would you consider selling your services week to week or for hotly contested matchups for say, $19.95, if by some chance your NFT and my FT are one in the same???
    Dec-08-05
    A: Keep watch for the 07-08 season. This could be an option for that season.

Q: What if I made you a Bills fan? We are getting ready to fire our GM as well.
    Dec-08-05
    A: As well? Is Detroit going to lose a GM? Haven't heard anything about that. Bid 2 Win Buddy!

Q: You go guy - 45 year old disgruntled fan. I'll be wearing orange on Dec 18 vs Cinci
    Dec-08-05
    A: If I'm lucky, I will be in Orange with you! Growwwwlllll.

Q: If you need anyone else to wear those 'Fire Millen' shirts this weekend, let me know. A couple of us Lions fans live near Green Bay and are heading to the game. Let's see Millen get us kicked out of this stadium!
    Dec-08-05
    A: at this risk of implying that I am still fan, and I won't be once I have my new team, it would be the BEST to see shirts or signs in Lambo with that on it. It could only get better if it was someone in a Green Bay jersey that was holding the sign...genius, pure genius.

Q: Is it TRUE that you are considering hiring Drew Rosenhaus as your agent after this season, and may end up holding out for the 2006-07 season? Also.....I heard of a Lion's fan that had put his two season tickets on the dashboard of his car while he went into a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes......when he returned to his car, the driver's door window was smashed........and there were 6 more tickets on his dashboard. Oh.....I'm a PACKERS fan......Can't wait till Sunday. It will be the Packers 3rd victory of the season! Maybe we can STILL catch the Lions! LOL! Looks like your auction is doing pretty good!
    Dec-08-05
    A: No, I'm reprenting myself. By Sunday, I won't be watching the score of the Lions - Packers game, unless the Packers are my new NFT. Where's that car parked? I have alot of messages from people wanting to add to the tix pile.

Q: Any raider nation folk call you? Since that scimmage of a superbowl a few years, the bandwagon is very empty and they need fans, too.
    Dec-08-05
    A: At least the Raiders have cool helmets!

Q: Frustrated over the state of affairs with the Lions? Well a big fat boo-hoo-hoo to you. As I recall you have at least had success with the Pistons, Tigers, and Red Wings (Steve Y is the greatest). Being from Cleveland I know the true meaning of sports franchise frustration... Our team’s failures are so legendary they go by singular names like overpaid, over-pampered celebrities. For example, we have The Shot, The Drive, and The Fumble. In addition to those miseries we have lost 2 World Series in recent history (one on the final at bat) and two, yeah that's right I said two, major sports franchises within my lifetime (in case you were unaware we did have a professional hockey team). Maybe you could switch your football loyalties to the Buckeyes!
    Dec-08-05
    A: At least you have memories of near wins and division championships. A Lions memory is limited to a few winning seasons and one play off win in recent history. And what of the out-cry when Art took his team and left, claiming little fan support and no new stadium? There's no comparison here.

Q: You said: I will shave my head, cover myself in melted marshmellow and roll in count dracula cereal. -Wow! NOW do you wanna make out?
    Dec-08-05
    A: No thank you to the making out.

Q: I don't understand why people are bidding so high on this item. $255 buys them, in reality, nothing. I don't get it, but props to you for the idea. Your copy cat is a loser by the way.
    Dec-08-05
    A: you say nothing? I say they are getting another loyal fan for their team, and some would consider that priceless, or at least worth $255. I was told the # of hits on this didn't matter. I hadn't 'made it' until there were copys out there, so I guess I've really made it with the EXACT duplicates that have been done.

Q: You seem really smart, do you know anything about manufacturing automobiles? Detroit needs help in that area too. By the way, we... (those of us not smart enough to think of this first), can't wait to find out what team we'll be rooting for. I hope it's Dallas however, I liked having my team play on Thanksgiving. Plus with Dallas, I can say that the best running back ever was on MY team. Well at least the best running back who didn't quit the leauge in his prime.
    Dec-08-05
    A: Funny, you ask. I do have some plans on a flying automobile that runs on air and processed baby diapers, that I have been thinking about. I might draw those plans up and auction them next. Go Dallas!

Q: No matter what the amount of money - DO NOT become a Browns fan. Believe me, it's like watching baby seals get clubbed repeatedly while somebody puts cigerettes out on my genitals every day of the year (for the Browns' nausiating misfortune isn't confined to just Sundays or even the regular season!). I would try to sell my loyalty but fear the wretched Cleveland curse is so powerful, it would follow me where ever I go like the stench of death. Good luck, I says - and pray nobody buys you to wear brown and orange.
    Dec-08-05
    A: Wish I had gotten this insight BEFORE I did the auction: I would have raised the ante on the short listed teams. At least the Browns have the Dawg Pound for amusement while the team flails on the beach getting clubbed. Also, you browns fans had the come-back teams of the 80s that ultimately lost to the Broncos every year.

Q: Great idea..and I totally agree..I gave away my tickets for the thankgiving and the last home game..didn't even want any money for them...I am done as a Lions fan until the Fords show us they are willing to put a good team on the field..I might follow suit and find a new team..or just stay with the college teams. good luck
    Dec-08-05
    A: This seems to be what alot of Lions fans are saying.

Q: Dude... you rock!! I've been a diehard Lions fan my whole life (that's 39 years) - even though I've lived in several different states (Military) and have never waivered in my loyalty... until this week. I feel just as you do. Good thing there is this TEAM called the Pistons and that other TEAM called the Redwings... they keep my hope up. My Wings and Pistons jersey have already made more appearances this year that my Lions Jersey and I had hoped by getting a new #54 cusomized jersey that I could somehow resurrect the spirit of Chris Spielman into this season - doesn't look like it happened. Maybe you can get someone to give us a two-for-one deal... You know we could go with the Chargers (they have Gates - he's from Detroit) or we could slide over to the Pats band-wagon (Brady being a Michigan guy) - I just want this season to culminate in some good feelings; my Lions Heart hurts. Peace-out my brother!!!!
    Dec-08-05
    A: Go Spielman! Now that was a Lion I could cheer for.

Q: Is your last name Sanders or Mariucci by chance?
    Dec-08-05
    A: No. But I don't think anyone would complain if they did their own auction.

Q: If I purchased you as a Colts fan,could you get me Super Bowl tickets?
    Dec-08-05
    A: I doubt it, but I would sincerely try as a loyal fan should!

Q: YOU SUCK, YOU TRAITOR!!! I've rooted for these losers since 1960. in that time, they have won exactly one playoff game. does it hurt me every sunday? of course it does. I am also a red wings fan. i waited for 37 years, but they FINALLY won a championship. I have since been rewarded with two more for my loyalty to the team. In short, if you give up on the Lions, you give up on Detroit. You'll be the first guy to brag you are a lifetime fan as soon as they show signs of life. Then again, you're selling your loyalty here, so that says a lot...
    Dec-08-05
    A: I am not giving up on Detroit @ all. I don't know how you can make that leap. Also, I'd like to point out that I've gotten 100s of questions on this auction, and like 3 have been negative. Work that numbers on that one: The masses are tired of the crap from the Lions.

Q: Would you consider a contract extension past the 2006-2007 season? Any risk of you holding out if your new team performs worse then Detroit?
    Dec-08-05
    A: If you look @ what I'm doing as kind of a free-agent-fan thing, and the number of holdouts that PLAYERS have every year, you could could speculated I'd hold out. But no, I consider this a binding agreement and will honor it as written. I'm just thankful the bidding got high enough that I don't have to make my own t-shirt. That would have been really hokey.

Q: No one feels your pain more than me, my brother. You sting from a single playoff win since 1969? How about one in franchise history? And no titles? that's right. I'm a Saints fan. You're lucky I don't have $1,000 to throw around or I'd make you a fan of the one team that is more cursed than Detroit. MM is no worse than Mickey Loomis. Traded up for Jonathan Sullivan. Picked Iron Hands Stallworth in the first round. Traded Delhomme and kept which way do I throw the ball Brooks. BTW, I know the auction is real, but it's absolutely hilarious. Gonna post it in my football forum. If you go through with the website, have time and can remember, please post it in our forum. They guys would get a big kick out of it. http://forums.delphiforums.com/NFLTrashtalk/start
    Dec-08-05
    A: I think the Saints fans are probably the group that can best related to what the Lions fans have been through. Maybe a support group is necesary. What would it be called though?

Q: Will you wear zebra sweatpants with your N.F.T.'s colors? What price would it take?
    Dec-08-05
    A: That suggestion is pretty mild compared to some others and could be negotiated. Think I am going to use the NFT as well when representing myself.

Q: If you are purchased as a Washington fan, would you be willing to dress as a Hogette for games?
    Dec-08-05
    A: I'm not sure even that could be negotiated.

Q: As a life long Detroiter in the Northern Suburbs of St. Clair Shores and Sterling Heights, I just want to let you know this is freakin hilarious!!!!! Fire Millen!!!!!!!
    Dec-08-05
    A: Bid to Win buddy!

Q: Id love to buy your loyalty, however I am in the same boat as you! Any chance of splitting this and I will support the new winning team? Ill cover the cost of the shirts and new jerseys. Let me know what you think.
    Dec-08-05
    A: I didn't have the foresight to make this a lot auction, so it's just for my loyalty. I will be posting somewhere what team won though, and any Lions fan that wants can follow alos.

Q: Haven't you pimped these poor Lions enough?
    Dec-08-05
    A: No, the question really is, haven't the Lions pimped us fans enough. Her say so.

Q: have you seen the guy who pretty much duplicated your idea but didnt have the sense to change the city from where he is from?
    Dec-08-05
    A: Saw that. And he drives a pontiac vibe also. He's a big-fat-copy-cat.

Q: Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket, making you capable to watch ALL of your new team's games?
    Dec-07-05
    A: No, I do not currently have it. I will finish this season out watching the games @ the local watering hole. Next season I will invest in NFL Ticket.

Q: do you bring any cheerleaders to the table ?
    Dec-07-05
    A: Yes, 1 middle aged, slightly (ok alot slightly) overweight caucasian male.

Q: How would you watch an out-of-market team on a weekly basis?
    Dec-07-05
    A: I have not done the research, but I believe NFL ticket allows for viewing games in other regions.

Q: 2 Part Question - Would you consider attending a game at Ford Field if your new favorite team were to make a road trip to Detroit AND would there be any chance of you jumping ship with the new team on the off chance the Lions were victorious that day?
    Dec-07-05
    A: Yes, I would attend a game @ Ford Field if my new favorite team were playing. No chance of jumping ship on my new favorite team, at least until the end of the 06-07 season!

Q: If I win the bidding and convert you to a Bears fan, would you be willing to do the Super Bowl Shuffle?
    Dec-07-05
    A: In A Heartbeat!

Q: The Cardinals don't need you as a fan, our 20,000 strong is good enough for me!!
    Dec-07-05
    A: 20,000 fans?? That's it?? You need to be bidding on this!

Q: Your getting ready to be a Houston Texans fan buddy! Now what are you gonna do?
    Dec-07-05
    A: Get me a 10 gallon hat and a new jersey! Bid2Win!!!

Q: I noticed someone else took your idea on selling your loyalty. I thought you said that you copy-righted it. Is the other person you on another user name?
    Dec-07-05
    A: It may be my idea, but anyone needing a new team can use it to become a free agent fan also.

Q: Say a rabid Wings fan were to win, would you drop those loser Lions and root for the hockey team with the best record over the last 10 years? Granted, they're on a slide at the moment, but The Ilitch's/Holland/Babcock are embarassing The Ford's/Millen/??. Perhaps you'd root for our red-hot, 13 and 2 Pistons?
    Dec-07-05
    A: I am a Wings and Pistons fan. I just want a new favorite NFL team.

Q: What is the fine for running naked across Paul Brown field? We will up our offer when you let us know.
    Dec-07-05
    A: If you knew me, this suggestion would really scare you and eveyone in attendance.

Q: Hey man you need to hook me up with one of these auctions things. I need some quick cash for x-mas, any ideas.
    Dec-07-05
    A: Pimpin your loyalty ain't easy.

Q: Hang in there, friend. Hopefully for your sake they draft a good QB next year and matt millen steps in front of a bus (or resigns in disgrace) As a bears fan, I hope they draft another WR and extend Millen for 10 more. : )
    Dec-07-05
    A: A new team for my loyalty. That is my hope!

Q: Were you the one ejected with the Fire Matt Millen sign?
    Dec-07-05
    A: No, but Duncan (his name) should come with me to my new team.

Q: would you be willing to run naked to run across Paul Brown Field on Jan. 1 for $125.00?
    Dec-07-05
    A: No.

Q: Would you reconsider the amount needed to acquire your rights as a Cardinals fan? We are heading in to our state of the art stadium next year, and that should be a huge help in removing the curse; that and the fact that we have the almighty Q (Anquan Boldin) Reason enough to be an Arizona Cardinals fan. GO CARDINALS !
    Dec-07-05
    A: The auction is written and binding. Can't change it now. And besides, the Lions have been in Ford Field for how long and nothing has changed...best of luck

And it goes on....lol

Prophet Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am helping the guy out here. I put in a bid (not winning though) and now its up to $265! Check out my bid: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=8730484413
    LMAO, good work Ultra!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

LOL Very funny :grin:

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Ultra if you win the bid I'll donate $10 to help pay for it :thumbright:

Of course You will have to make him join PPO
    I.B.O.T. #213

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

that is one of the most creative things that I have ever seen! I was cracking up the whole time!
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Oh my goodness, Jay Leno should talk about this guy when he does his funny ebay finds. That is fricken hilarious!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast