singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Do We Know More Now About the Vikings?

[size=13pt]Do We Know More Now About the Vikings?[/size]

By Scout.com
    scout.com

Posted Sep 1, 2007

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do We Know More Now About the Vikings?

A running attack that was keyed by Chester Taylor’s 1,216-yard performance should be even better with first-round pick Adrian Peterson providing the Vikings with what Childress likes to refer to as “a change up” out of the backfield. Although it didn’t happen much in the preseason, Peterson and Taylor are expected to be on the field together frequently.
    That would be awesome.
    What are they going to do line them up in the back field and send AP in motion to become a WR?
    How many times can you have them on the field together in one game?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

“I’m a lot more comfortable (this year),” Jackson said. “I’ve got a lot more reps in minicamp and training camp and got the (preseason) games under my belt. I have that experience from those games. ... So I feel a lot more confident overall.”

Patience also is going to continue to be a must with Williamson, who after a miserable 2006 spent part of his offseason working with consultants from Nike’s vision center. He entered camp with greater confidence but any contribution from him should be considered as a plus and not a given.
    Confidence can go a long ways.

True about Williamson.
    We have been asking if he is a bust, the answer to that since he was a first round 7 overall pick would be yes.
    Now the question is, will he contribute until he is eventually replaced?

Side Note:
    BY THE NUMBERS: 44 — Number of interceptions by safety Darren Sharper since 2000, putting him No. 1 in the league ahead of Champ Bailey (33) and Tory James (31) during that time.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    A running attack that was keyed by Chester Taylor’s 1,216-yard performance should be even better with first-round pick Adrian Peterson providing the Vikings with what Childress likes to refer to as “a change up” out of the backfield. Although it didn’t happen much in the preseason, Peterson and Taylor are expected to be on the field together frequently.
    That would be awesome.
    What are they going to do line them up in the back field and send AP in motion to become a WR?
    How many times can you have them on the field together in one game?
    I think this guy is wrong here Sno, especially early on in the season.
    Both will be in the backfield at times, however, not as much as people want/believe.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Bevell and Childress have many of the same philosophies but if the exhibition games were any indication Bevell might be more willing to go downfield with the ball.
    I for one am excited that we will run a version of the WCO that is predicated on ball control vice chucking it deep every play.

Face it.
    Until we see the Randy Ratio again some Vikes fans just aren't ever gonna be happy and will always call this type of offense bland.

Very sad indeed.
    I always thought MN Vikings fans were better than that.
    Seems I have been mistaken.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Bevell and Childress have many of the same philosophies but if the exhibition games were any indication Bevell might be more willing to go downfield with the ball.
    I for one am excited that we will run a version of the WCO that is predicated on ball control vice chucking it deep every play.

Face it.
    Until we see the Randy Ratio again some Vikes fans just aren't ever gonna be happy and will always call this type of offense bland.

Very sad indeed.
    LOL.
    Marrdro, I love your posts, but you make me chuckle sometimes.
    Every time someone mentions a deep pass or a 9 route, you bring up the Randy Ratio.
    That isn't really where the author was going.
    Rather I think he was pointing out the fact that Bevel called more deep plays during preseason than Childress did during the regular season last year.
    Even though Bevel still stayed very much with the ball control WCO, he still had one or two 7 or 9 routes thrown in there, although I don't think any of them were successful.
    But this is only preseason, and what we have seen is not a great indicator of what we will see.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Face it.

Very sad indeed.
    But you definitely need to throw the ball deep on occassion to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, they'll know what to expect & play accordingly.

Based on last years performance & Ferguson's recent comment, I'm beginning to believe that our "vanilla offense" is not a product of the preseason, but rather that our playbook is indeed "vanilla" in itself.

Relying on high percentage, bread & butter plays geared at ball control suited for the WCO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Face it.

Very sad indeed.
    But you definitely need to throw the ball deep on occassion to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, they'll know what to expect & play accordingly.

Based on last years performance & Ferguson's recent comment, I'm beginning to believe that our "vanilla offense" is not a product of the preseason, but rather that our playbook is indeed "vanilla" in itself.

Relying on high percentage, bread & butter plays geared at ball control suited for the WCO.
    The deep ball is a part of the WCO.
    It just isn't as prevalent as some of the ignorant Randy Moss Crotch Sniffers want it to be.

Damn I get sick of that crowd almost as much as I do with the generation of young football minds that we have who can't differentiate between real and Madden football concepts and strategies.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Face it.

Very sad indeed.

The deep ball is a part of the WCO.
    It just isn't as prevalent as some of the ignorant Randy Moss Crotch Sniffers want it to be.

gol 'darnit I get sick of that crowd almost as much as I do with the generation of young football minds that we have who can't differentiate between real and Madden football concepts and strategies.
    He said on occasion for a reason. People need to get over madden already, not as many people think it applies to real life as you think

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Face it.

Very sad indeed.

Plus when you have a QB that isn't putting the ball where it needs to be and a deep threat with alligator arms the deep pass is sort of a moot point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast