Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do the vikings have the worst Q/B situation in the NFC North?

Cutler
    Rodgers
    Sage/Jackson
    Pep

I think Pep on a good team would be a good QB in the league still... But I would take Jackson over him right now

Cutler
    Rogers
    Anyone the Lions get
    Grossman
    Packers backup
    Culpepper
    Rosenfels
    Booty
    Jackson
    Fire Childress, Oust Ziggy

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    If you look at the total QB situation for all teams in the divison i think the vikings are in the best position. I think the divisions qb situations rank as follows

1. Vikings: Jackson-Rosenfels-Booty
    2. Lions: Culpepper-Stafford*-Stanton
    3. Bears: Cutler-Hanie-Basenez
    4. Packers: Rodgers-Flynn-Brohm
    *projected

the vikings are the only team that has anything resembling capable backups. It is pretty likely that your back up will see time during the season and the loser of the T-Jack/Sage position battle will be the most capable back up in the division. what happens if your starting QB is injured during the first game like tom brady was do you really want caleb hanie or matt flynn starting games for an extended period. no way.

Damn dude where do you get your weed from? Is Dr. Dre your hook? Your high if you think were even in the top 2 for qb situations.

SharperImage42

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    If you look at the total QB situation for all teams in the divison i think the vikings are in the best position. I think the divisions qb situations rank as follows

1. Vikings: Jackson-Rosenfels-Booty
    2. Lions: Culpepper-Stafford*-Stanton
    3. Bears: Cutler-Hanie-Basenez
    4. Packers: Rodgers-Flynn-Brohm
    *projected

the vikings are the only team that has anything resembling capable backups. It is pretty likely that your back up will see time during the season and the loser of the T-Jack/Sage position battle will be the most capable back up in the division. what happens if your starting QB is injured during the first game like tom brady was do you really want caleb hanie or matt flynn starting games for an extended period. no way.

Hmmmmm, for some reason I don't have you on the ole Spreadsheet.
    This post just got you not only on it, but bumped up a few columns...... ;D

I look a the title of the thread and gravitate to the word "Situation".
    I would rank them in this order.

Vikes
    Pukers
    Detroit
    Chicago

That ranking takes the total team situation into account (Def, Skilled players, Coaching Staff, etc).

When a teams leading reciever is thier rookie RB, followed by thier rookie TE, and you have a converted CB as your primary WR, that is not a good situation.

Add to that a couple of other facts......1) Thier OL is a shambles.
    They just signed a LT who hasn't stayed healthy since what, 2006 and moved thier first round pick LT to RT cause he can't stay healthy and is better suited as a RT.
    2) Thier Ocoord at one point said that young Cutler doesn't fit the mold he would need to run his offense (Back as a College HC).

Nope, the BORES got better at QB, but got older at the LT position as well as the 3 positions they won't be able to fix on thier aging defense yesterday.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    Cutler
    Rodgers
    Sage/Jackson
    Pep

I think Pep on a good team would be a good QB in the league still... But I would take Jackson over him right now
    That is about right. And if the Lions use the #1 pick on a QB we might slip down a notch.

[size=10pt]Dilfer: Vikings still favorites in NFC North[/size]

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer doesn’t think Chicago’s trade with Denver for quarterback Jay Cutler makes them the favorites in the NFC. That honor, according to Dilfer, belongs to the Vikings.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2686
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

That puts a great burden on the offensive coaching staff to try to put boundaries around Jay Cutler and teach him how to play the position a little bit differently.
    I wonder, will the Bores offense change to match Cutlers skill sets or will the coaching staff as him to change.

My guess is they might change the offense cause really, how much of that mess was really working anyway?
    :

[size=10pt]Jim Souhan: QB stew is all that Childress cooks up[/size]

What would we do without Brad Childress?

How would we entertain ourselves during the NFL offseason if the coach wasn't willing to play linguistic Twister, if the Sultan of Serpentine Speechifying didn't occasionally utter a line that made you drop your newspaper (or laptop, which can get expensive).

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/42367737.html

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Trying not to be a homer I think the Bears now have the edge at the QB position but I don't think as a team they can make the most of it.

The difference between Tjack and Rodgers isn't that great and right now I don't think I could pick a winner. I have posted before that I would have Rodgers over Tjack anyday but watching last season Rodgers didn't look that good and he has excellent goto receivers.

Tjack is just inconsistent, there were a couple of games last year where I thought he looked pretty good and then he would do something dumb. He was a lot better than the year before and I think he will be better this year.

Thing is I think Rodgers too will have improved.

At the end of the day there is a gnats foreskin between them. 2nd or 3rd? I can't decide.
    Purple till i die

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

OH MY GOD MY SIDES HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been laughing all the way through this thread....mostly at the lengths some have gone to justify their rankings.

OMG!!
    OMG!!
    OMG!!!
    STOP!!!!
    You're KILLING me!!!!

When you cut through all the "Gee I hope" and "If only" BS, and look at things based upon what actually IS true, you recognize that the QB rankings of the NFCN go something like this:

1:
    Chicago
    2:
    Green Bay
    3:
    Detroit and Minnesota tied....for now.

What?!?!?!?
    How can I say that?
    Quite simply, really.

Chicago has a Pro Bowl QB.
    Not one who could be a pro bowler, or should have been a pro bowler, but one who IS...and in the AFC too (Where there are more excellent QB's).
    Chicago has no question marks at QB anymore....they have a franchise guy.
    They're set.

Green Bay...as much as I hate them and want to see them fail, it wasn't because of Rodgers last season.
    He played pretty darn good.
    Had they had even a semifunctional Defense, Rodgers would have had them in the playoffs.
    And, sadly, he'll probably continue to do well as long as that receiver corps is intact.
    The line issues might slow him down a bit, but those receivers flat out play.
    All of which comes together to mean taht Green Bay is not looking for a QB...they have one.
    They're set.

Now, the above two rankings are pretty much carved in stone.
    Anyone who tried to rank anyone else in these two positions...well...you're reaching.

That leaves the bottom two positions, and our franchise yet to be ranked....oh the drama.

Detroit has Daunte Culpepper...cue the laugh track.
    But for all of Daunte's failings - like not being able to read a defense or hang on to footballs - he's a known commodity.
    He throws pin point accurate deep balls, and he can hit his guy in stride all day long.
    Given time, Culpepper can hurt you.
    In fact, he almost hurt US last season.
    He went 14/24 for 220 yards and a TD.

Minnesota has Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels.
    How anyone can sit here and say that either of these tow are better than anyone I've already listed...or even close to anyone other than Culpepper...is a complete mystery, and I would encourage you to remove the purple glasses.
    We have 2 unprovens.
    One who has not shown he can get it done in 3 years, and one who has not shown he can get it done in 8 seasons.
    There's a confidence builder for ya!!
    But Chiller is going to mold them into the guys to lead us to the promised land...I feel SO much better now...

So, do we have the WORST QB situation in the NFCN?
    It's entirely possible we do.
    We teeter on the brink, only because Culpepper can actually play from time to time, otherwise we'd be locked into the #3 position.
    But anyone who thinks our two guys are even CLOSE to Rodgers or Cutler...get real.

Caine

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast