Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Do the Vikings deserve to get in the playoffs?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    It's a dumb question.

If you look at the way the tiebreakers and standings are settled, of course they deserve it.

If it were on invitation-only basis, and they only took the strongest teams to play, then you might have a case.

You guys may not be all that strong, but 6 teams have to go, and there's 10 teams that suck worse that you guys in the NFC.

So, yeah, you deserve it. I still voted no, just to be obnoxious, but you deserve it.
    Los: I don't appreciate you saying it's a "dumb" question - It was definitely meant to be a philosophical question. Of course we're in, and according to the NFL's rules, we "deserve" it because we won whatever tiebreakers needed to be won. So, to call it a "dumb" question I think is a little rude, but that's neither here nor there - I understand you were just stating your opinion, and we'll leave it at that. I just wanted to say my peace. Good luck to the Pack next week! It's going to be one HELL of a game!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    It's a dumb question.

If you look at the way the tiebreakers and standings are settled, of course they deserve it.

If it were on invitation-only basis, and they only took the strongest teams to play, then you might have a case.

You guys may not be all that strong, but 6 teams have to go, and there's 10 teams that suck worse that you guys in the NFC.

So, yeah, you deserve it. I still voted no, just to be obnoxious, but you deserve it.
    Los: I don't appreciate you saying it's a "dumb" question - It was definitely meant to be a philosophical question. Of course we're in, and according to the NFL's rules, we "deserve" it because we won whatever tiebreakers needed to be won. So, to call it a "dumb" question I think is a little rude, but that's neither here nor there - I understand you were just stating your opinion, and we'll leave it at that. I just wanted to say my peace. Good luck to the Pack next week! It's going to be one HELL of a game!
    Oh, gosh, shock..I meant nothing personal by it. I didn't mean dumb as in the person asking it was dumb, just the ongoing debates in which Packer fans will say the Vikes don't deserve to be in, just like the Vikes saying the Packers didn't deserve to be in it last year.

I had just read something in the thread where someone said the Packers didn't deserve to be in it last year, and it irked me and I responded with my irkitude in response to the bickering than your question. No offense intended in the least, and hopefully, you can forgive it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

No sweat - all in good fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's to the Vikes SMACKIN' DOWN the Pack, and a good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ccasion5:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

In all honesty we were very fortunate to have made it in the playoffs. If someone told you that we would have a worse record than last year I would never have believed them.

Seeing as how were all fans of the Minnesota Vikings, it would not have surprised me at all to see Carolina win on some miracle play. Any other year and we never make the playoffs.

Nevertheless when we play green bay, records do not matter, it will simply come down to who wants it more, and it saddens me to say that the Vikiings do not instill a lot of confidence that they can do that.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    In all honesty we were very fortunate to have made it in the playoffs. If someone told you that we would have a worse record than last year I would never have believed them.

Seeing as how were all fans of the Minnesota Vikings, it would not have surprised me at all to see Carolina win on some miracle play. Any other year and we never make the playoffs.

Nevertheless when we play green bay, records do not matter, it will simply come down to who wants it more, and it saddens me to say that the Vikiings do not instill a lot of confidence that they can do that.

Yeah, it felt weird when kasey missed that 60 yard FG. I thought oh no, the world must be coming to an end. I really expected him to make it and then the panthers to win on some crazy play in OT, or for them to run a fake 60 yard FG and throw a TD pass to win the game. It just didn't feel right when something actually went right for us.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

No, we definately DO NOT belong in the playoffs. This viking team is playing some of the worst football in the league right now. But I still think we have a decent shot of beating the pack!
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

November 24, 2004: 34-31 ("Ross had the baaaaaaalllllllllll!")

December 24, 2004: 34-31 ("They stopped the cloooooooooccccccckkkkkkk!")

January 9, 2005: No excuses, no whining, loser goes home. Enjoy. (Los, if you weren't so cool, I'd HATE you!!!)
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234