Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

do the vikes want playoffs???

i know were in, but will it make you feel better if we lose and, or are humiliated in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round, or (heaven forbide) the superbowl and get a horrible draft pick?? and if we do get to the superbowl ( if we lose on the way there than the draft pick which we need will be a low 1st round)and get crunched by whoever won the dogfight in the afc would that make u feel good??? oh, we made it to the super bowl and lost.....again.

sorry for the pessimistic and negative view but im being realistic.
    ( ill probably get blasted for this.)

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

vikes aren't even looking forward to tying their cleats before the wildcard game--let alone playing anyone.

we have the best chance against Seatle to win.

Calmwind is offline Starter

Draft picks mean nothing for this team at this point, K will was a #1 pick and is awesome just like alot of our #1's. But we also have 4th and 5th rounders playing well. So we can find good picks at any point in the draft. We need a defense that has been in the same system for awhile to start fixing things. Its a domino effect but it starts with the D faltering. So im not wishing their fate based on a draft pick sorry!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

last time i checked draft picks did mean something and this team needs some d talent and if some1 takes who we want then oh, 2 bad we went so far into the playoffs 2 lose.

Del Rio Guest

you checked wrong. We never have a HIGH draft pick number and we have still secured some solid talent. We draft well no matter what number we are at.

I would rather make it to the super bowl and lose miserably then not making it. I could give a crap if we lose 20 superbowl but you would get a chance to watch the Vikes in the big dance.

sorry for this thread and ive changed my outlook on this game. the vikes r my team and i will stay positive and cheer through it all and i do want the vikes 2go far in the playoffs and the superbowl
    :king:
    GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Calmwind" wrote:
    Draft picks mean nothing for this team at this point, K will was a #1 pick and is awesome just like alot of our #1's. But we also have 4th and 5th rounders playing well. So we can find good picks at any point in the draft. We need a defense that has been in the same system for awhile to start fixing things. Its a domino effect but it starts with the D faltering. So im not wishing their fate based on a draft pick sorry!
    The thing that I worry about is that by the time we get a really good D (top 10 or 15 in the league) we will have a very average offense that can't move the football!! I don't know what I'd rather see, good offense, piss poor defense (the current team) or a great D with a pathetic offense? I think I choose offense but if it came down to it where we had it the other way around I would probably like the great D!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

anyone can emerge as a star...any round...john randle wasnt even drafted so isay take it as far as we can even if we lose in the super bowl....the packers didnt

bono is offline Hall of Famer

of course they want it. what team wouldn't? The Vikings, however, know they don't have what it takes to enter the playoffs, and so, are a little edgy going into their first post-season play, in what seems like years.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

eelpout72 is offline Starter

huh, wanting to lose/get humiliated in the playoffs to get a better draft pick? in the first round to the pack? are you serious?

With that kind of thinking, do you also believe that Tice was trying to lose the last 5 games so that we could get a better draft pick? Maybe its not question of the team being bad or poor coaching.

Damn, we should have gone 0-16 instead of 8-8!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast