Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Do Out of State Fans Matter?

ejmat wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    If someone tweeted it it must be true. :blink:

I think this topic could fit in one of the many other stadium threads.

Your entitled to your opinion, and it is valued by me and others. But I certainly hope my state reprasentative values the opinion of it's local residents more than someone that is not a voter or resident in there district.

I do think though that the state should look at taxing those coming from out of state more to pay for the stadium. Maybe just a 20% excise tax on all tickets purchased outside the state of Minnesota.

From all the proposals I have seen the money used to build a stadium would come mostly from state residents. I'm still waiting for ND to offer to pitch in.
    I think you are right that the local residents' opinion should be valued more. However I am going to respectfully disagree with you that out of staters should be charged more. What other franchise does that? People go to NY, down here to FL from out of state to go to games. No one else charges more. They are charged enough for the high cost of the tickets already. Then add the fees associated with using tickethub or any other online agency and they are already being charged too much.

I am all for them building a new stadium. I want them to stay in MN. But that is a MN thing. No one else is paying for the Marlins new stadium other than Floridians. No one else paid for the two new stadiums in NJ for the Jets and Giants. Actually NY did only because they still hold the NY name. What other state paid for the Cowboys new stadium?
    I missed my chance to edit.

I forgot to mention the fact I paid for so many other items in the state of MN. Let's not forget the flight costs. When I went up there in January for the Dallas game I got a great deal on my tickets and I had somewhere to stay but after all was said and done I still paid over $1,000 in the state of MN within 3 days. Wouldn't you agree that's enough?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

gregair13 wrote:
    I am from out of country. Does that mean I really don't matter?
    You can stay here If you keep on posting hot girls pics
    El underdog.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    If someone tweeted it it must be true. :blink:

I think this topic could fit in one of the many other stadium threads.

Your entitled to your opinion, and it is valued by me and others. But I certainly hope my state reprasentative values the opinion of it's local residents more than someone that is not a voter or resident in there district.

I do think though that the state should look at taxing those coming from out of state more to pay for the stadium. Maybe just a 20% excise tax on all tickets purchased outside the state of Minnesota.

From all the proposals I have seen the money used to build a stadium would come mostly from state residents.[b] I'm still waiting for ND to offer to pitch in.[\b]
    ND can help by using its surplus, buy the team and move the team to Fargo

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I betcha the out of staters drop more coin in MN to come see a game than the local rubes do.

It would be interesting to see how much of the teams revenue stream comes from outside entities (i.e. Jersey sales, hotel room rentals, car rentals, restaraunt meals etc).

Truth of the matter is, the local politicians should probably base thier decision on building the venue more on the revenues the "out of staters" bring in so that the local rubes will benifit from the coin we do drop when we come in for a visit.

Me thinks that of those 22% of season ticket holders out of state, that at least half of them are online scalpers...maybe more.
    Were do you think us "Out of Staters" get our tickets from?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Revised racino bill funds Vikings stadium
    Hope you don't mind NP. Thought this fit OK here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Revised racino bill funds Vikings stadium
    Hope you don't mind NP. Thought this fit OK here.
    I am cautiously optimistic about the Racino bill. I actually think that there are better ways to pay for the stadium, but I wouldn't complain if this happened either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

To give people a quick update on what the Vikings are looking at right now...

The Vikings haven't voiced support for Racino or any other legislative action. The funding programs laid out right now call for approximately $40 million in public money per year for the next 20 years.

From my friend VIKESSTADIUM:
    The price of the stadium is $870 million, and Zygi is paying $250 million of that out of pocket. They are also likely to get $100-200 million in federal stimulus money they applied for because our local AEC Industry is suffering from around 40% unemployment right now. So, all together, they are probably looking to finance about $420-520 million.
    This will be financed using a package of revenue sources, unless they can get the Racino legislation passed. If that passes, it will more than do the trick.

If they can't get Racino passed, they will use a combination of lottery, a small hospitality tax, and reappropriation of some money the new stadium generates towards paying off the loan.
    I personally favor the second option. I like the idea of using public money that is generated as a direct result of having the Vikings more than creating a fund that is fueled by something unrelated and split up among multiple sources. But hey - whatever gets it done IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I'm BIG time for the Racino bill. Like you, NP, I'm ok with whatever happens, but I guarantee you more Minnesotans (most are cheap bastards anyway) will be happier with the Racino bill than anything else. Otherwise all we'll hear as Viking fans will be about how the Wilf's are stubborn penny-pinching greedy bastards not willing to pay for their own playground. I know this because I deal with a lot of those people.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Of course we matter. Down here in the nasty nati, I take a lot of heat from these stupid kitty kat fans here. I am always going to support my boys and buy merchandise to represent. Just made a huge Viking blanket that cost $80.00 to make. Glad to see us trade that first round pick too. If we want to take Clausen with the 62nd pick, then that is probably okay, but we don't need him, and that pick could probably be used better on a OG/ OL.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I don't matter, but that's just because my parents tell me that at the end of every phone call.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast