Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Do Our Lineman Fit The Zone-Blocking Scheme

Oh, I checked that thread out

I hope you are right that Wilf is doing it right and I agree that Denny in the front office and Dungy on the sidelines could have been an excellent move.

So what you are saying is that if Childress does a great job of building the Vikings abd leaves to be a General Manager on another team because he is the hottest talent in the league, that we will hire a new coach and that coach will use this same system because it is the one Wilf and the upper management want? If that is the case I will be happy, but it seems to me that the team is being built,for better or worse, in the image of Childress and if he goes, so does the system and we are back to square one.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Oh, I checked that thread out

I hope you are right that Wilf is doing it right and I agree that Denny in the front office and Dungy on the sidelines could have been an excellent move.

So what you are saying is that if Childress does a great job of building the Vikings abd leaves to be a General Manager on another team because he is the hottest talent in the league, that we will hire a new coach and that coach will use this same system because it is the one Wilf and the upper management want? If that is the case I will be happy, but it seems to me that the team is being built,for better or worse, in the image of Childress and if he goes, so does the system and we are back to square one.
    ;D

;D
    I always promote looking at the big picture but ya got me on this one.
    I am just trying to figure out what B-chill will do for the next 3 or 4 as a HC
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That was a pretty cool link.

1997:... In the Wild Card Round the Vikings faced another first round exit trailing the Giants late in the 4th Quarter by a score 22-13 on a snowy day at the Meadowlands. Facing 4th and long the Vikings appeared to be giving up when the punted. However, the Vikings defense would get the ball back quickly and would take advantage of a poor punt by the Giants to score on a Johnson to Jake Reed TD pass. With hope still dwindling the Vikings recovered an on-side kick, and would connect on Eddie Murray FG to stun the Giants by a score of 23-22.
    God that was a great playoff game.
    I was watching it from Saudi Arabia.
    Just over a minute to go and the Vikes were down by 9...
    Plus, that was the year of the Brad Johnson to Brad Johnson TD pass!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:

1997:... In the Wild Card Round the Vikings faced another first round exit trailing the Giants late in the 4th Quarter by a score 22-13 on a snowy day at the Meadowlands. Facing 4th and long the Vikings appeared to be giving up when the punted. However, the Vikings defense would get the ball back quickly and would take advantage of a poor punt by the Giants to score on a Johnson to Jake Reed TD pass. With hope still dwindling the Vikings recovered an on-side kick, and would connect on Eddie Murray FG to stun the Giants by a score of 23-22.
    That was great.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

AFRTS Radio (Low Boy Freq out of Neamakri Greece) piped through the ship.
    I was supervisor of the watch in the radio shack.
    Whole ship listed to that one, almost broke my head set and knuckles keeping the friggin radio tuned
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Whole ship listed to that one, almost broke my head set and knuckles keeping the friggin radio tuned
    Lol.
    Good old A-Farts.
    Kept me sane many a sunday...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

Nice work!
    I hope you're right about our big guys having good, quick feet!!!
    Wow!
    If that zone/man combo comes to fruition...that could be scary for opposing Ds!!
    Hadn't quite seen it that way yet, buy I like the sound of it!

Imagine, you're a D lineman...on first and second down, the guy across from you slams into you hard, and you're thinking, 'dam, that Hutch is big, this could be a long day.'
    Then, when you're getting fired up, on third down, you give it all you got, only the guy you're after suddenly isn't there, he's blocking the next guy over and somebody else is slamming into your side, knocking you off balance! ;D

This KAO might have some potential!
    I still say the line lost more games for us last year than BJ or the WRs or anything else...despite our good ground game.
    HOPEFULLY!!
    THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE WILL PLAY BETTER, AND BE MORE AT HOME IN THE NEW SYSTEM!!!

IF that happens, the Vikes just might surprise a lot of people!! SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Nice work!
    I hope you're right about our big guys having good, quick feet!!!
    Wow!
    If that zone/man combo comes to fruition...that could be scary for opposing Ds!!
    Hadn't quite seen it that way yet, buy I like the sound of it!

Imagine, you're a D lineman...on first and second down, the guy across from you slams into you hard, and you're thinking, 'dam, that Hutch is big, this could be a long day.'
    Then, when you're getting fired up, on third down, you give it all you got, only the guy you're after suddenly isn't there, he's blocking the next guy over and somebody else is slamming into your side, knocking you off balance! ;D

This KAO might have some potential!
    I still say the line lost more games for us last year than BJ or the WRs or anything else...despite our good ground game.
    HOPEFULLY!!
    THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE WILL PLAY BETTER, AND BE MORE AT HOME IN THE NEW SYSTEM!!!

IF that happens, the Vikes just might surprise a lot of people!! SKOL!!
    Now we're gettin someplace.
    ;D

Key thing here is all of this Hybrid Zone/Man blocking scheme is speculation on my part.

Would be neat though.
    Maybe B-chill will call me in as a consultant

;D and when it fails you all would be hating on me.
    ;D

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Lol.
    Good old A-Farts.
    Kept me sane many a sunday...
    I thought AFRTS was out of Ausfart, Germany.
    That city must be huge.
    I swear to god there are exits to Ausfart everywhere in Germany!

Ausfart is in the same area as Autobahn
    ;D

Heyyyy I am helping to steal my own thread.
    Bad Marrdro bad..... ;D ;D

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast