Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Do not take the Texans lightly

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I think we should go out winging the freagin football, none of this pansy a$$ shit, do that later after we get the lead. Thats the reason we lost in AZ cause we tried ball control the whole game and didnt build a big enough lead. I mean come on we got moss, cambell , burleson, and Robinson lets get some points on the board and quick. Then we can play the ball control. Score and score quick let the defense play with a lead, maybe easier said then done but i want agresive play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Hell i dont know if we get the kickoff maybe on the first drive we should do no huddle and get them all confused, do somethin get points quick on the road.
    Sounds good to me...as long as we don't throw picks or fumble the ball (you listening, Daunte!). I am sure that the D wouldn't mind playing with a lead for most of the game.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"poult" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Exactly. When's the last time we blew out a team on the road? I can't remember. To be honest most teams that win on the road don't blow out the other team (St. Louis at San Fran excepted). Like every one else if we win on the road we usually squeak out a victory.
    the last one i can recall was a rainy monday night game against the pack. i think moss put up some badass numbers that day, hell i think cunnigham was the QB. im sure they must have "blown" someone out since then, the reason it sticks in my mind might be because i think it was the end of the lambeau winning streak. but i think it was a blowout, i didnt look it up or anything, if it wasnt then sorry for my mistake.
    In the last 2 years, we have only won 5 road games. The average margin of victory was 6 points

Smallest margin was at New Orleans 32-31
    Largest margin was at Atlanta 39-26

Couldn't readily find info before 2002.

Vikings minus 5 1/2 pts ??????????
    Sound reasonable

Del Rio Guest

If the game is close we lose. So the W is a W speech doesn't mean anything.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If the game is close we lose. So the W is a W speech doesn't mean anything.
    Have a little more faith, Del, the defense is gonna get better as the season goes on...the Vikes will win a close game or two.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Just be glad we are going up against a young team this week. It will help us.

Del Rio Guest

I know I'm going through withdraws because of the bye week. So I'm being pessimistic. Plus it's tuesday lol

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    In 2001, we went 0-8 on the road, with an average margin of defeat of 14.125

In 2000, we were 4-4 on the road, with a 16.5 margin in our losses, and a 9.75 margin in our victories

In 1999, we went 4-4, with margins of 3.75 and 6.5 in our losses and victories, respectively

In 1998, our only loss of the season was a 3 point loss in Tampa Bay.

Check out this site. It's great for raw stats, and season results.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Two things:

Texans have won the last two largely because of turnovers. Chiefs were looking to open up a big lead at the half at home, then Trent Green is picked off in the end zone and ball is returned 102 yards for a Texans TD. Last week at home, Kerry Collins turned the ball over five times (I believe four of them on the Raiders last four possessions), and an early Collins fumble was returned for a TD. Therefore, the Vikings need to take care of the ball and not give the Texans any easy scores.

Two, I believe the stat is that the Vikings have lost 18 of their last 19 games outdoors. Now, I'm not sure if Reliant Stadium (which has a retractable roof) is natural grass or some kind of synthetic turf. And certainly, many of those 18 losses were during some seasons when the Vikings were struggling a lot more to win in general. Since the weather is likely to be good and the roof open, we need to hope the Vikings buck this trend in order to come away with a win.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

"josdin00" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    In 2001, we went 0-8 on the road, with an average margin of defeat of 14.125

In 2000, we were 4-4 on the road, with a 16.5 margin in our losses, and a 9.75 margin in our victories

In 1999, we went 4-4, with margins of 3.75 and 6.5 in our losses and victories, respectively

In 1998, our only loss of the season was a 3 point loss in Tampa Bay.

Check out this site. It's great for raw stats, and season results.

Thanks for the info. I like stats :thumbright:

"purplepat" wrote:
    Two things:

Texans have won the last two largely because of turnovers. Chiefs were looking to open up a big lead at the half at home, then Trent Green is picked off in the end zone and ball is returned 102 yards for a Texans TD. Last week at home, Kerry Collins turned the ball over five times (I believe four of them on the Raiders last four possessions), and an early Collins fumble was returned for a TD. Therefore, the Vikings need to take care of the ball and not give the Texans any easy scores.

Two, I believe the stat is that the Vikings have lost 18 of their last 19 games outdoors. Now, I'm not sure if Reliant Stadium (which has a retractable roof) is natural grass or some kind of synthetic turf. And certainly, many of those 18 losses were during some seasons when the Vikings were struggling a lot more to win in general. Since the weather is likely to be good and the roof open, we need to hope the Vikings buck this trend in order to come away with a win.
    I am positive it is natural grass.

Also, last week it was hot and they had the roof open. I expect it open this weekend if it is not raining.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast