Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Do not take the Texans lightly

I love the Patriots comparisons. For everything.

You do have to win the close ones, and a W is a W. But we are not in a position to win the close ones. If are games are close lately it is because we jumped ahead and they chunked away at our sorry D.

The Patriots have a solid D. If we are in a situation where the game is on the line and we are Relying on our D theres a good chance our W is a L.

So all this did so and so blow everyone out talk means nothing. Because the teams that are refered to.........Patriots........Ravens...........Panthe rs.... all have an extreemly balanced team. We do not.

We need a convincing win IMO. I think that the team is still questioning itself from last year. We need to stop playing down to poor teams level and just go in and play the game we know we can.

The Texans pose some problems, but I think this game can work wonders for us as well as the depleted Saints team that is struggling along. Those ywo teams are the kind of teams that if you play it close will beat you with a 52 yard field goal with 4 seconds left on the clock.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I was at the Texans Chargers game from week one.

DC needs to pump on an out and have the rcvr go downfield for the long pass. The corners were biting. They are aggressive. I think DC is doing great and will be them deep for 2TDs, one each for Moss and Campbell. Running will also be a key. I hope they do some underestimating of Bennett. They gave up a 100yd game 3 of 4 weeks. LD, Holmes, Zerowue? Zero was their 2nd string back Wheatly left the game with an injury after 3 carries.

We don't want it to be a close game. We need to be aggressive to make a statement.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

We will be without two of our starting LB's. I think the way our defense performs will depend on Raonall Smith or Nattiel plays (whoever wins the job). We will be without EJ to, Thomas needs to come up big. That D line has got to get after it. We got our ass kicked by the Bears oline, they pushed us around like crazy. We cant have that at all. I think maybe on run situations we should use hovan on the end and mixon, with martin and williams inside. We have to do something we cant get pushed around. Or even use scott at times he disected some runs plays this year. I like the looks of him even though he had a bad offseason. Once again if our D line plays well i think we will be very succesfull. Last years D line played better against the run than this years so far. I believe they will get it done though.

I also would like to see Raonall Smith play with the starting unit this weekend. I just want to see what hes made of, hell you never know he could come in and never get taken out. I also cant wait to see what Thomas is gonna play like this upcoming game at MLB.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I think Worgl has it right... IF OUR POCKET HOLDS UP. That's been our problem since Rosenthal went down. Their best DL lines up against our backup OL, and Daunte's running for his life. I hope that Nat Dorsey can hold up better than Haayer. Especially with the 3-4, he's not going to know who to block. Maybe we'll try more screens to that side to slow down their rush.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It is pretty simple...the Vikes will win almost all of their remaining games, including this one, if they can take care of the football...no matter who the opponent is.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

"Not only must the Vikings win but they need to win convincingly."

Every week someone seems to mention something like this. Obviously we want to win conviningly and blow them out, but a win is a win either way. Look at the Pats 18 game winning streak. I bet about half of their wins were NOT convincing if anything, and they just squeaked by some of them(2 of the 3 Colts games come to mind right away, maybe even the AFC Championship game too). But the bottom line is they won those games, and have won 18 in a row. Who cares how we win, as long as we do it. Heck, Philly played the same team we played last week and only put up 19 points against them compared to our 27. I'm sure they'll take it though!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Exactly. When's the last time we blew out a team on the road? I can't remember. To be honest most teams that win on the road don't blow out the other team (St. Louis at San Fran excepted). Like every one else if we win on the road we usually squeak out a victory.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

When I say "win convincingly " I do not mean a blowout. What I mean is that the Vikings must win the war in the trenches, while controlling the ball and the clock. They need to score every time they are in the red zone. They need to put the Texans dee on thier heels from the start of the game and come out and play for sixty minutes ( I have yet to see that happen this year).
    can we clone Bud Grant?

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"SKOL" wrote:
    Exactly. When's the last time we blew out a team on the road? I can't remember. To be honest most teams that win on the road don't blow out the other team (St. Louis at San Fran excepted). Like every one else if we win on the road we usually squeak out a victory.
    the last one i can recall was a rainy monday night game against the pack. i think moss put up some badass numbers that day, hell i think cunnigham was the QB. im sure they must have "blown" someone out since then, the reason it sticks in my mind might be because i think it was the end of the lambeau winning streak. but i think it was a blowout, i didnt look it up or anything, if it wasnt then sorry for my mistake.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think we should go out winging the freagin football, none of this pansy a$$ shit, do that later after we get the lead. Thats the reason we lost in AZ cause we tried ball control the whole game and didnt build a big enough lead. I mean come on we got moss, cambell , burleson, and Robinson lets get some points on the board and quick. Then we can play the ball control. Score and score quick let the defense play with a lead, maybe easier said then done but i want agresive play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Hell i dont know if we get the kickoff maybe on the first drive we should do no huddle and get them all confused, do somethin get points quick on the road.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast