Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Don't need a break, except to sit back & watch you two eat crow.

Again, pay particular attention to the passes thrown over 30 yards....

Here's a link to the site & page that contains the stats you two believe I made up.,,,

Christian Ponder Stats, Splits - Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Tell me, how many passes do you see that were thrown for over 30 yards & then caught?

Tell me how great Ponder is throwing the ball over 10 yards.
    You're stats are incorrect, but it's nice to know that you didn't just make that up off the top of your head. I owe you an apology for suggesting that. I am very surprised that ESPN would have incorrect stats.
    Did you watch the games this season? Wright alone had two that were 50+ in the air against Detroit and Green Bay. I was apparently incorrect about this one as it looks like it only goes 25 or so in the air: Ponder's 45-Yard Pass To Harvin vs. Titans

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I already said last year that this year would be deep defensively and that we should have drafted skill players on offense or a CB last year.Marty was really the guy who wanted to go DT but then again I believe he would like us to take a warpig with every pick in every draft.
    Where is Marrdro and what does anyone think about signing Cullen Jenkins?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    You're stats are incorrect, but it's nice to know that you didn't just make that up off the top of your head. I owe you an apology for suggesting that. I am very surprised that ESPN would have incorrect stats.
    Did you watch the games this season? Wright alone had two that were 50+ in the air against Detroit and Green Bay. I was apparently incorrect about this one as it looks like it only goes 25 or so in the air: Ponder's 45-Yard Pass To Harvin vs. Titans
    They're not my stats, they're ESPN's. Perhaps they didn't include the last game. Here's FOX's split which agrees more with Wrights catches;

Christian Ponder Splits | Minnesota Vikings | Regular and Post Season Splits | NFL Football | FOX Sports on MSN

Still, we are only talking about 2 completions out of 13 over 30 yards in the air, 15%. Furthermore he's only completed 6 out of 36 passes thrown over 20 yards. 17%.

Not very good IMO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They're not my stats, they're ESPN's. Perhaps they didn't include the last game. Here's FOX's split which agrees more with Wrights catches;

Christian Ponder Splits | Minnesota Vikings | Regular and Post Season Splits | NFL Football | FOX Sports on MSN

Still, we are only talking about 2 completions out of 13 over 30 yards in the air, 15%. Furthermore he's only completed 6 out of 36 passes thrown over 20 yards. 17%.

Not very good IMO.
    Out of curiosity... Does anybody know if a pass interference call is counted as an attempt? For instance, these two from the Lions game:
    2-3-MIN 32 (3:18) 7-C.Ponder pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Simpson. PENALTY on DET-28-D.Bentley, Defensive Pass Interference, 31 yards, enforced at MIN 32 - No Play.
    3-7-DET 49 (10:06) (Shotgun) 7-C.Ponder pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Simpson [55-S.Tulloch]. PENALTY on DET-28-D.Bentley, Defensive Pass Interference, 26 yards, enforced at DET 49 - No Play.

I don't think they are, mostly because it says No Play... I guess if I wasn't lazy I would go count up the attempts from a game to be sure.

EDIT - OK, I stopped being lazy. No, they are not counted.

Also, looking back at the highlights from the Detroit game, I would like to say HOLY CRAP SIMPSON! Two long pass interference calls, plus two VERY key catches, one for 27 yards and the other bailing out Harvin when Percy tipped the ball in the air.

Where the hell was this Simpson the rest of the season?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Out of curiosity... Does anybody know if a pass interference call is counted as an attempt? For instance, these two from the Lions game:
    2-3-MIN 32 (3:18) 7-C.Ponder pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Simpson. PENALTY on DET-28-D.Bentley, Defensive Pass Interference, 31 yards, enforced at MIN 32 - No Play.
    3-7-DET 49 (10:06) (Shotgun) 7-C.Ponder pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Simpson [55-S.Tulloch]. PENALTY on DET-28-D.Bentley, Defensive Pass Interference, 26 yards, enforced at DET 49 - No Play.

I don't think they are, mostly because it says No Play... I guess if I wasn't lazy I would go count up the attempts from a game to be sure.

EDIT - OK, I stopped being lazy. No, they are not counted.

Also, looking back at the highlights from the Detroit game, I would like to say HOLY CRAP SIMPSON! Two long pass interference calls, plus two VERY key catches, one for 27 yards and the other bailing out Harvin when Percy tipped the ball in the air.

Where the hell was this Simpson the rest of the season?
    Don't know, but they still should have been throwing to him. Even though he didn't catch many passes, he was still a PI magnet on long passes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Don't know, but they still should have been throwing to him. Even though he didn't catch many passes, he was still a PI magnet on long passes.
    Ahh, but he wasn't. After the back/leg thing he slowed down some and opposing DBs had an easier time keeping up with him, and we saw less of those PIs go our way.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123