Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Divison Champs?

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

Divison Champs?

I turned on NFL Live on ESPN and they were talking about which team with a losing record will come back and make the playoffs.
    Tom Jackson said that the Vikings will not only make the playoffs, but win the NFC North over the Packers!

While I am alot more excited about this team after AP's preformance last week. I don't see this team making the playoffs...this year.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Divison Champs?

This years Packers could be the type of team to fade.

This years Vikings could be the type of team to start slow and finish strong.

I said it before the Bears game, the Vikings have a chance to start winning games. Even though the next 4 opponents (Chicago, Dallas, Philly, San Diego) look tough.

The division is not out of reach my friends.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Wow. That is pretty cool to hear. I will be looking for that episode tonight. How did the other expert(s) react to that prediction or was there no comment?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Here we go again.........

A week ago people were talking about throwing the season and/or looking forward to one of the first picks in the draft, firing Childress & shit-canning T-Jack in favor of Pennington or Carr.

Now they'll be talking division champs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the packers have played poorly in every game this season, but teams just seem to enjoy handing them the game with an absolutely atrocious mental mistake

eagles had them beat, but muff 3 punts..chargers had them beat but allow them to score a 60 something yard TD on a play designed to get 3-5 yards..they beat us A) because chad greenways fumble return TD was called back B) no pass INT call on the final drive..they beat the redskins because santana moss was having a depressing day, and decided to fumble the ball and give the packers the game winning TD

really, them having the record that they do is a joke, while we could be in the same position as them if it was for proper officiating/1 overthrown pass
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't remember the reaction (if any) from the other expert.

It was cool to hear, but I don't think this team will win 8 games, and 7 games won't be good enough.
    Jackson and the recievers have to improve and fast.
    Throwing for under 200 yards and the possiblity of a couple of ints is not going to get it done.

I do think the Packers will start to come back down to reality.
    They have won the close games.
    With the weather getting colder, they can't pass it all the time and thier luck will run out.
    I see them getting 9 or 10 wins.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

I always like hearing positive stuff more than negative stuff, but singersp is correct, it's ridiculous to go up and down like this for every game.

I think we've seen that we have the ability to be a pretty good team in every area.
    Our running game can obviously be as good or better than any team in the league.
    Our defense has looked tough and opportunistic at times, if not last week.
    Our receivers have showed flashes of talent.
    And even our QB had a very good game last week - his best as a pro.
    Our special teams has at times done a good job pinning people back.

But we lack consistancy.
    We have yet to play a complete game.
    The offense was fun to watch Sunday, but the defense made too many mistakes and didn't play for 60 minutes.
    The defense was great in the early games, but the offense was terrible.
    And the coaching has been inconsistant, at least in terms of play calling.

So, anything can happen, but until we can put it all together week after week, we will be about a .500 football team.
    We will depend on getting a few lucky bounces to win, and we will depend on our division rivals having a few unlucky games in order to make the playoffs.

If we do put it together, then we will have a chance to make a legitimate run and earn a division title or playoff spot, because none of our division rivals have demonstrated elite talent or consistancy either.

But for now, don't get too excited over one win.
    It was a close win against an evenly matched team, and while some things looked good, we got worse in some areas too.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:

A week ago people were talking about throwing the season and/or looking forward to one of the first picks in the draft, firing Childress & shit-canning T-Jack in favor of Pennington or Carr.

So what are you saying, you're going to complain either way?

I don't think anyones going to post an article saying. The vikings are mediocre, We won't make the playoffs, but lets keep everything the same.

People are going to react to what team they've seen the most recently, because the team last week
    is closer to who we will be this week than the team of 2 weeks ago. It's an ongoing progression.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

ok it is possible for us to win the division and it is possible to have a top 5 pick as well.We have lost 3 games but one of those was by 7 and the other 2 by 3 points.So one could conclude that we could have won those games and be 5-0 or that we keep it close but dont win too many close ones.Guess we will just have to wait and see

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

So what are you saying, you're going to complain either way?

I don't think anyones going to post an article saying. The vikings are mediocre, We won't make the playoffs, but lets keep everything the same.

People are going to react to what team they've seen the most recently, because the team last week
    is closer to who we will be this week than the team of 2 weeks ago. It's an ongoing progression.
    Nope, not me. I'm formulating my opinion based solely on what I have seen others post here in the last two weeks.

BTW, I've posted lots of not so enlightening articles about our boys after we lost games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast