Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Division is ours!!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I know the D "stepped" up as in they are making the big play. But all and all they are still giving up large chunks of yards and not stopping the oppositions running game. Seattle, GreenBay, and even the Skins have good backs.

If we pretend we are surperior to any of the remaining teams we will lose. I can just imagine Portis running for 2 scores and 200+ yards, Green doing the same.

If anything the last few weeks of D has been poor in all. The best thing that should come from the big plays is a huge confidence boost, I hope any way. And maybe they will start tackling.

Look at the Colts they spank their opponents. If they are supposed to win they do and convincingly. Now if I write down the roster of each team, and I compare I wouldn't really say the Colts are that much better then us. But we are still missing that AURA that vibe that needs to surround the Vikes. The attitude and drive. I thought I would see it against the Jags. I didn't really, but then again I think I have been waiting for it for a while.

We have done some great things on both sides of the ball and have been winning close games. But we need to find an identity fast. I wouldn't say the division is sealed up. But I do like our chances more so then any of the other teams. There is a golden opportunity to win out and make some great things happen.

I just think every Vike fan is holding his/her breath praying they will finally take that next step. And not fall back into the depth of underachievement that has been their story for a long time.
    I like DelRio am not convinced our D is as strong as some are making it out to be. The tackling issues are the most troubling. We would have a lot more stops if we tackled better. I don't know how many times we had the RB hit yesterday for a minimal gain but couldn't wrap up and take him down. It resulted in first downs or 2nd and 3rd and short opportunities.

When we start tackling, we will be better on D.

It makes even the W's frustrating to watch.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

The Division is ours!!!!

The Vikings do have a good shot at the play-offs this year and yes they can win the division and here is my prediction for the NFC. Minnesota or GB will go to the SB and play either: NE, Indy, or Pitts. I believe Minn can beat Indy but Pitts and NE both play smashmouth football and that will almost alwas beat a team that does not play that style of football.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Division is ours!!!!

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The Vikings do have a good shot at the play-offs this year and yes they can win the division and here is my prediction for the NFC. Minnesota or GB will go to the SB and play either: NE, Indy, or Pitts. I believe Minn can beat Indy but Pitts and NE both play smashmouth football and that will almost alwas beat a team that does not play that style of football.
    Minn vs Pitt would be nice.

Long ways away. Cross our fingers for some good Vikings Football the next 5 games. May the Football gods bless us with good fortune.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The Division is ours!!!!

"drMorgus" wrote:
    A nice win against a tough Jax team. I dont think the Rams will be able to beat the Pack tonight but I am still going to root hard for it to happen.

As for the division being ours, as stated before it isnt over until the last game of the season,
    Min's final 5: @Chi, SEA, @Det, GB, @Wash

GB's final 6: st.Louis, @Philly, Det, Jax, Minn, @Chi

We have 3 road games against bad teams 2 of which will be outdoors. 2 home games we should win.
    They have 2 road games, 1 tough and 1 they should win the rest are home games. This will be a tight race till the end though I like our chances.
    Green Bay plays at Minnesota as well (How could you forget THAT?!?!?!). They have 3 road games left, 2 of which they should lose, and one which they may win (Although I don't count Chicago out - they have a strong D).

Caine

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

Vikes SB opponent

"dan3ski" wrote:
    I would rather play Pitt. or NE in the SB. Their offenses don't scare me and I feel our offense can score on anyone. I don't see us being able to stop the Colts, we would just have to hope we get the ball last against them. However, I do think we could slow down Pitt. and NE, while still being able to put up our points. It is a long way off, but I do look foward to see who is going to play us in the SB.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Division is ours!!!!

Can we please just go and beat the bears!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

The Division is ours!!!!

i dont think green bay will lose to jacksonville at home in december...thats not very realistic. however losing to philly and minny is quite possible. i do believer if the packers split the philly/minny games and win the rest, they should win the division...however you never know what can happen in the NFL...we will see how it unfolds very soon.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The Division is ours!!!!

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    i dont think green bay will lose to jacksonville at home in december...thats not very realistic. however losing to philly and minny is quite possible. i do believer if the packers split the philly/minny games and win the rest, they should win the division...however you never know what can happen in the NFL...we will see how it unfolds very soon.
    Jacksonville is a tough team, and they have a lot riding on their remaining games. I think it's very likely that they WILL beat Green Bay. I also doubt that Green Bay will split Minnesota/Philly.

Look for Green Bay to finish up 3-3 for a 9-7 overall record...2nd in the NFC North.

Caine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12