Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigDaddy is offline Waterboy

The division has changed.... It is going back to.....

The Black and Blue division of the 60s and 70s. Being a Bear fan, obviously I loved yesterdays results. It was one game and means little in the grand scheme of things for Bears fans since our only chance at the playoffs is to win out. Thats a tall order with who we've got on the schedule. However, being a longtime football fan, I love what's happening to the division. It's gonna be a dogfight for at least a few years to come. There won't be a dominant team in the division. Every team looks to be getting closer to each other talentwise. Some offenses will be better and some defenses will be better but I think it's gonna be more fun. Most of our teams are pretty young too so who knows, in the next 4 years we could easily have 4 different winners.
    If you don t have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit by me.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

excellent point...I was telling folks the bears and lions seem to be closer and closer ever year, tougher matches. I agree.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    excellent point...I was telling folks the bears and lions seem to be closer and closer ever year, tougher matches. I agree.
    With all the (i hate this word) PARITY in the league, the Bears of Lions could be next years Chargers. The Chargers are going to win their division and they had the #1 overall pick in last years draft. What the F is that all about.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Great point, unfortunatly it seems to be a heading towards a division of 9-7s which isn't all that exciting. Good competition in the North, lackluster in the rest of the NFL.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    With all the (i hate this word) PARITY in the league, the Bears of Lions could be next years Chargers. The Chargers are going to win their division and they had the #1 overall pick in last years draft. What the F is that all about.
    And the Chargers could be last years Panthers. It's madness.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    Let's eliminate PARITY for all those who don't like it...the price to make you guys happy is this though: your team is the one that has to SUCK for the next 20 years. Do you still want to eliminate parity now? Or will you just switch teams to go with the "good" teams.

The truth of the matter is that parity gives every team a chance at the beginning of the season and even though the records are even for the most part, the playoffs sift out the true champions from the pretenders. In the end, who really remembers who made the playoffs...hardly anyone. What they remember is the champion and there will always be a worthy champion at the end of the season...parity or no parity won't change that.

No chance of parity is what makes college football suck in my opinion...if every D-I team had a chance (no matter how small) to win the championship, there would be many more fans attending games. I know that there is high attendance at the football factories's games but the other teams don't draw well mainly because the fans there know that the games don't really matter in the grand scheme of things...the same thing holds true for any league where most teams don't have a legitimate chance to vie for the championship...look at the small-market baseball teams...they don't draw well because fans know that they don't have a fighting chance. BUT I DIGRESS!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BigDaddy is offline Waterboy

This year, I think 9-7 wins the division. Maybe 10-6. For me though, I always look at division games as priorities. I couldn't care less who we have on the schedule, the division games are the ones I get up for most. I couldn't care less what anyones record is. A win over a 6-10 Vikings, Packers or Lions team is just as sweet.
    If you don t have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit by me.

Black and Blue Amen to that :? but i was really afraid of the lions this year :scratch: not the huggies but they sure showed us :shock: damm I hate when that happens :evil: what is that the third or fourth straight time in a row at home the huggies have gotten lucky ale: (i just can't say the B word) :shock:

P.S. Welcome Bigdaddy :wave:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

:blackeye: Hey casper 8) I like :shock: all :drunken: your :bom: posts :arrow: Not :!: much :?: unneccesary :cheers: crap :lol: mixed :clown: in :cheers: with :arrow: what :scratch: your ops: trying :?: to :king: say

L :bom: O :| L :roll:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Very funny eyesore^ I agree though, the black and blue division is a great division. The rivalries are so intense! The Chargers had the #1 pick and they aren't even using him and look what they're doing. Pretty impressive, but do they have what it takes to beat the big boys (NE, Indy and Pit)? I guess we'll see come playoff time!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast