Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Ditka/Parcells on Vikes and Childress

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    How could this guy be so dense? It is so sad to think that if we had a coach like McCarthy or Gruden, this same team would be so much better.
    :'(
    : McCarthy started coaching the Packers at the same time Childress did. He brought in a new playbook, he's got a team littered with rookies who are catching balls, making plays, blocking for Brett & making him look like a great QB again.

Did I forget to mention the Packers are also 5-1?
    Yeah and Green bay has...
    Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks all key pieces on the offensive side of the ball.
    Green bay has 10 rookies and the vikings have 8. Not that much a difference
    Not taking anything away from Green bay by the way

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Now, I saw the feature too...what I took away was that Ditka's point is "Adrian Peterson is the best player on the field for the Vikings.
    If he's not on the field, the Coach is not giving the Team the best chance to win."
    I would bet the
    players feel the same way, especially given our LAME QB play to date.
    Chester Taylor is a very good player...he's not nearly as good as AD - he knows it, the players know it, the fans know it...that's also what I took from the segment from Ditka and Parcells.

Oh, and another thing, good quarterbacks make coaches look good.
    We don't have one right now; any questions?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    Hind sight is always 20-20. I wonder how these same 'great coaches' reacted when they started? Let Childress run the show the way he knows how. He is in his 2nd year coaching and definitely learning (not saying he is not making mistakes). The Bill Parcell's and the Ditka's can call him stupid all they want but I am sure these same coaches faltered too when they started and I still remember Parcell's inability to win a play off game with Dallas.
    And for the others that jump on this as an opportunity to castigate Childress... it was only their opinion and as we know everyone is entitled to one.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on some things, but there is absolutely NO imagination in his play calling...he's supposed to be the offensive genius, but he doesn't try to mold the O around his players. He insists on doing it the other way around. That's not the mark of an intelligent coach...he is clueless. So few touches by AP is totally unforgivable...and who in his right mind is allowing Wade to fair-catch inside the 10 yard line. These are stupid, brainless plays that a good coach corrects. The 3 plays following the fair catch at the 6 were laughable...and were the beginning of the end. But the biggest error of all was thinking that TJ could do it without any help from a good veteran QB.
    Again hid sight is 20-20. Dig up threads on this same board and you will see the number of people that agreed with him. He saw
    something in practice that he thought was good enough. Unfortunately its not the case (YET) added we have other issues that have affected the QB play.
    As a head coach you make decisions, some pan out some don't but its all about character.
    A coach needs to be resolute and believe in what he is doing. If he doesn't then its a roller coaster ride not saying he should not be open to change).
    I am a soccer coach been in similar situations on a minor scale. Lost a few games cos of my vision and view of things and also lost some cos I listened to some 'experts' and observers.
    You just have to bite the bullet and keep working.
    he may be a bad coach but I like his adherence to what he believes in.
    I honestly don't believe T-Jack is that bad for one, or that he would purposefully call bad plays or put us in a situation to lose. He figured his calls were not good enough, he got Bevell involved. He realised AD was not getting the ball enough, he worked on that. It tells me he is working. Its always easy to criticize...

On a side note...
    I took a team that had their best season 14-5-3 and we went 20-0-2, won the championship and League cup but I made no friends cos I was stubborn and we won really UGLY. Well we lost the final of the play off, reason, I played a different line up the way everybody wanted it.
    Conclusion, we still did not win the Championship cup. Something the team has never won since creation. Talk about being frustrated even though we set a new record for first team going unbeaten with the best ever goal differential and points!

Anybody will a little bit of common sense would know that Adrian Peterson needs to get more then 12 carries. Obvisouly Childress has no common sense so.....

How do expect the guy to ever be a "superstar" if you are constantly worried about if he is going to get worn down or hurt.

I dont know why Childress would be playing for the future and not play to win now because I don't think Childress is going to be apart of our future plans. At least I HOPE he is not apart of our future plans.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I don't value Ditka's opinion for shit, if anyone is an idiot he is. Parcells is a little different.

But I see that the point is AP's (lack of) carries again. I have no problem with how we have used Peterson this year so far, maybe with the exception of this last game. But in the Chillers defense, we never got into it on offense with all those 3 and outs, and all the backed up field positions. And on top of that we only had 49 plays overall on offense.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Childress is really taking some heat and he so deserves it.

The big thing with these statements is that it is by to former coaches, both with superbowl rings and lots of Coaches of the year awards between them, them - great coaches are saying that Childress is stupid.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mblack76" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    How could this guy be so dense? It is so sad to think that if we had a coach like McCarthy or Gruden, this same team would be so much better.
    : McCarthy started coaching the Packers at the same time Childress did. He brought in a new playbook, he's got a team littered with rookies who are catching balls, making plays, blocking for Brett & making him look like a great QB again.

Yeah and Green bay has...
    Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks all key pieces on the offensive side of the ball.
    Green bay has 10 rookies and the vikings have 8. Not that much a difference
    Not taking anything away from Green bay by the way
    All the key components? You listed 2 veterans starting on offense. A QB & WR. Most of which won't excell without a good OL.
    GB has that OL, mostly made up of players starting for their first time. Franks is 2nd on the depth chart, not 1st. Rookie running backs, none the caliber of AD or C-Tay.

It's a team without a lot of big names doing quite well under coach McCarthy.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

I expect a bunch of Chilly crotchsniffers to arrive any minute now and call Ditka and Parcells third graders who analyze the game based on stats.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Yes, not only are they 5-1 and playing well, they are improving. He is working the O around his players. Ahman Green is gone, no problem, Favre will throw more, which opens up the running game. The guy has some smarts. Childress has a weapon that comes along once in a lifetime, and he sits him on a game-ending drive and gives him 12 touches in a tight game. His 5-year plan is getting very old with me. I want to see improvement in the offensive game...now, not 2 or 3 years from now.

Singersp, you would know better than I...is Childress's playbook so voluminous that it is difficult to grasp?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Yes, not only are they 5-1 and playing well, they are improving. He is working the O around his players. Ahman Green is gone, no problem, Favre will throw more, which opens up the running game. The guy has some smarts. Childress has a weapon that comes along once in a lifetime, and he sits him on a game-ending drive and gives him 12 touches in a tight game. His 5-year plan is getting very old with me. I want to see improvement in the offensive game...now, not 2 or 3 years from now.

Singersp, you would know better than I...is Childress's playbook so voluminous that it is difficult to grasp?
    The Vikings playbook is huge, I heard and interview a month or so ago and the player...can't remember who it was right now, said it was like three huge phone books.
    How big is the average playbook in the NFL?

My question regarding GB is how are they going to look when Favre finally walks the plank?
    It's nice to have a franchise QB in place that makes things like an O-line look better than they are.
    Favre is very good at a quick release and can obviously read defenses.
    Huge difference.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast