Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Disgust...on every level.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    moss can walk on water though :roll:
    shouldn't he be able to push the Raiders to the top of the AFC West?
    also the raiders D looked as bad as our D did when we had Moss
    Your HATE is so strong there is no reasoning with you.
    nope there isn't PPE. i really did not and will not ever care for moss. he is a great player with a piss poor attitude, which we aren't going to into because i'm done arguing about Moss. i understand why people are moss fans but i'm just not one of them.

Thanks Josdin

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Caine I don't know you but I think I'm here to back you up...Do you guys know how easy it is to say that "it all starts with the o-line?" I know it seems like the "smart" thing to say, but get off Daunte's butt and realize that he is not (at this point) the QB that we need right now. Would a great or even good QB throw 2, yes 2 remarkably erroneous passes that would be TD's from any decent college QB? 2 years ago Pepp displayed an erratic style of football which included numerous fumbles and INT's, he then proceeded to have ONE good year where his supporting cast worked beautifully with him to create a stellar offensive attack, and then he comes back this year and shows that unless all the cards are played right he will basically shut an offense down, despite a revamped running attack. I agree with everyone that the penalties are ridiculous and hurt the offense, but in my few years watching this game I've seen at least a couple teams score at least A touchdown with an atrocious day with the yellow flag. Anyways, I love the vikings more than anyone, but I just don't think Pepp needs so much support, and I think he needs much of the blame laid on his shoulders. I still believe that our team is just a step away from being a very strong contender, but right now I feel like it's with Brad Johnson, not Pepp. Well, I gotta get back to drinkin' so I can forget about yet another disappointing Sunday, but feel free to tear me a new you know what, I love to hear what everyone thinks around here.

GO VIKES!!!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Intervention!

Yeah, come on, it's ONLY our fourth loss.

:roll:

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

They way i see it we killed oursevles with he flags. lack of timing.. and some strange absent rythem...

i won't jump on the moss malakias bandwagon..
    i won't jump down tices throat.. (not yet)
    i won't stop sitting up all nite (athens-greece time for games)

but

i will start asking why we are getting stupid penelties just when we start to gain something? our rythem is tossed out the window and we are at a loss as for what to do????????

i'm not sure exactly how this will turn around, but i know it will.. i was laughing when people said we'd have 5 - 6 losses.. now.. i can see it far to easily.. we have talent.. we have a great team.. we need direction.. we need to gel like a team.. if it's gonna take grabbin the whole team and going to nevada and setting up some crazy weekend.. hell man DO IT!!

whatever it's gonna take for these guys to come together and play like the team they should..

my only real confidence is that ever time we went 5 - 0, 7 - 0 and rocketed in the begining of the year we faded in the end.. so this year we STORM INTO THE END!!! still won't give up on D. C. still don't giv eup on our D.. it'll take this embarassing loss i bet to rally these guys into what they should be.. NFC Champs!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"Nightgaunt" wrote:
    Blah blah blah, Yah, Moss made Culpepper, Glad your not watching the same games as me. Thats about the most unintelligent thing i have heard on this site yet. It starts at the top, and last time i checked DC wasnt in a coaching postion. If you wanna blame someone on the team as a PLAYER, look no further then your offensive line. After a QB has had his world rocked a few times he gets a little jittery. Add in a leg injury with a QB that is good on the run you have a recipe for disaster. And i'll be sure to bookmark this post so next year when we have a NEW coaching staff and a new attitude i can bump this up when were doing well just to make you look like a rookie. Sorry i didnt agree with your sad excuse, but im not buying it.... :lol:
    Calling out Caine. This could get entertaining :smile:

[color=red]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Nightgaunt" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    I finally turned off the Viking-V-Bears game...after Culpepper threw his 2nd pick...and all I can say is....

[size=24px]MY GOD DO WE SUCK!!!!![/size]

Through the first quarter and most of the second, I watched our team turn to jello each time we got into scoring range. I watched time and time again as Culpepper went to Wiggins short when we needed to get deep. I watched run after run up the middle...most being stuffed.

If that wasn't bad enough, I watched a defense that couldn't get all cylinders firing. I watched pat Williams turn in a stellar performance, only to have it tarnished with the poo the rest of the team was offering up.

After 5 games, you would think that there would be SOME improvement...there hasn't been. Sure, there are 11 games left, but I honestly can't look at a single one and say that we have an even chance of winning it now. NOT ONE!!!

I was upset with the Atlanta loss, but I could at least write it off as being beaten by a darn good team. What do I write THIS off as? How do I look at the product we've put on the field for 5 weeks and say, "We're going to do better"?

I can't.

The way I see it, and I know people will get their undies in a bunch over this, is that MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!! Let me say it again, in case you think you misread that...

[size=24px]MOSS MADE CULPEPPER!!!![/size]

Anyone care to step up and dispute that? Anyone? Want to tell me NOW how we were so smart to trade Randy away? Want to tell me I'm not a Viking fan for saying so? Want to tell me that we're a better team for having gotten Williamson, Cowert, and Harris? Want to try the tired - and false - line about how we bought this new defense with that trade?

BULL CRAP!!

We screwed ourselves royally there. We gave up what we had offensively and got BUPKIS in return. Our brand new Defense just made Kyle Orton look like a Pro-Bowler!! We just made the 1-3 (now 2-3) Bears look like a Play-Off caliber team!!! And, most telling, we've scored ONE touchdown in the last two games!!!

So, can we fix it? I don't know. I'd like to say "yes"...but I can't. With one trade, we went from needing a couple of pieces to a "rebuilding mode" team...but we forgot to go out and get QUALITY coaching while we were doing it.

So, buckle in boys and girls. There's 11 more weeks of this crap comming our way. As long as we play at this pathetic level we've played at for the past 5 games, we WILL wind up in the cellar of the NFCN. Packer fans will be flooding our boards to remind us of all of the bold pre-season predictions...and we won't have a leg to stand on.

How do you like your crow cooked?

Pass the A1, please.

Caine
    Blah blah blah, Yah, Moss made Culpepper, Glad your not watching the same games as me. Thats about the most unintelligent thing i have heard on this site yet. It starts at the top, and last time i checked DC wasnt in a coaching postion. If you wanna blame someone on the team as a PLAYER, look no further then your offensive line. After a QB has had his world rocked a few times he gets a little jittery. Add in a leg injury with a QB that is good on the run you have a recipe for disaster. And i'll be sure to bookmark this post so next year when we have a NEW coaching staff and a new attitude i can bump this up when were doing well just to make you look like a rookie. Sorry i didnt agree with your sad excuse, but im not buying it.... :lol:
    Whose games are you watching? Certainly not the Vikings. I offered my opinion then backed it up with facts...what are you supporting your thesis with? Excuses?

It starts at the top...but the coaches aren't the ones on the field. I haven't yet seen the play that diagramed Culpepper tossing it to the opposition...yet he's run that one 12 times in 5 games. If he was pulling some positives as well, I could overlook some of the negative...but he isn't. He has 4 TD Passes in 5 games...and 12 INT's to go along with them. Regardless of what's being called, Daunte isn't getting it done...and THAT isn't the Coaches fault.

The O-Line has held - in MOST cases - long enough for Culpepper to do SOMETHING with the ball....he just isn't doing it (Unless you count throwing to the other team). He stands back there with the deer-in-headlights look...play after play. Then, when he DID do something, it was short dump-offs to Wiggins. Jeez, bet they didn't see THOSE comming.

Leg injury? He "claimed" he was feeling good. Funny, we don't see any other oft-injured QB's blaming injuries or making excuses. In fact, a Division opponent who is oft-injured plays his butt off while injured. And, if he's hurt badly enough to adversely affect his play, then he should be smart enough to NOT play and further hurt his team (Which he has done in 4 of 5 games this year).

As for Daunte being "good on the run"...the coaches (Starting with Green) curtailed that early on. It shows now in his indecisiveness when facing pocket pressure. He tucked and ran once versus the Bears...and grabbed a chunk of yards. But, most times, he rolled out and threw - inaccurately.

So, while I thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I think I'll stick to my guns on this one. I'm sorry that the cold hard facts don't fit with your perception of what is and what isn't...but that's life.

PEOPLE IN GENERAL:

People who are dogging the D need to remember that our O was giving them a lot of short fields and 3-n-outs to contend with. For the most part, our D kept us alive...our Offense, meanwhile, was slitting our wrists and watching us bleed out.

Yes, the coaching is horrible. What do you expect from bargain bin coaches? I fully expect that we will see an entirely new staff in place next season. I don't see us making any moves in mid-season as I don't see anyone on staff who can step up, or anyone available NOW who can elevate our play. God help us if they promote Cottrell...I'd fire HIM before I fired Tice.

People who being up Moss taking off plays need to remember that every play he took off, at least 2 Defenders did the same. Just him lining up altered Defensive schemes. They HAD to account for him on EVERY play...regardless of what he did or didn't do.

And the water bottle incident was a LOOONG time ago...and he did it ONCE. It wasn't like he was squirting a new official each week. All in all, I'll take 15 positive games and 1 with an incident over 4 out of 5 games loaded with Offensive ineptitude and humiliation.

All in all, I have yet to see anyone post anything remotely resembling a compelling reason for me to rethink my position on this. We have 11 more games...if Culpepper is going to step up, it has to be soon.

Caine

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Caine, I think the reason you haven't seen anyone put forward a noteworthy excuse for Culpepper is because he really has been THAT BAD. I hope he has a darn good look at the past 5 games and makes a change...maybe a rub on P-Will's Budda Belly will do some good.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    i'm not sure exactly how this will turn around, but i know it will.. i was laughing when people said we'd have 5 - 6 losses.. now.. i can see it far to easily.. we have talent.. we have a great team.. we need direction.. we need to gel like a team.. if it's gonna take grabbin the whole team and going to nevada and setting up some crazy weekend. hell man DO IT!!
    Not a good idea with this last incident! Plus we have a game to play on the weekend.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    Caine, I think the reason you haven't seen anyone put forward a noteworthy excuse for Culpepper is because he really has been THAT BAD. I hope he has a darn good look at the past 5 games and makes a change...maybe a rub on P-Will's Budda Belly will do some good.
    I don't think he's "That Bad". Maybe not "As Good" as we are used to.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213