Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Re: Disappointed with Chuck

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I knew that irked you yesterday.

I actually didn't really hear much of what he said... too loud.
    But
    guess he is entitled to his opinion of TJack as well, and I can't say that I disagree with him.
    As noted above - my disappointment is not centered on the merits of what Chuck said, just that he chose to do so at an inappropriate time.

=Z=
    I agree with you on the timing Zeus. I probably would have told him "way to buzzkill my tailgate, Chuck. Skol Vikings"
    edit: Could have also added that I expected the defense to dominate the game like they did in the glory days

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

When is it appropriate for people like Chuck to say the truth? After TJ is gone? I understand what your saying but I do like it when people speak thier mind, like Jared Allen did after the game. Maybe it will put a fire under TJ.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    When is it appropriate for people like Chuck to say the truth? After TJ is gone? I understand what your saying but I do like it when people speak thier mind, like Jared Allen did after the game. Maybe it will put a fire under TJ.
    Again - this is all my opinion about the timing, not the content.

I would think that if Chuck were addressing the press and the question was asked then that is an appropriate time.
    And even in front of fans at an autograph signing is probably.

But during the pre-game excitement?
    When the players have been talking all week about how they need the crowd to be pumped up and bursting for this game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

I would think that if Chuck were addressing the press and the question was asked then that is an appropriate time.

When the players have been talking all week about how they need the crowd to be pumped up and bursting for this game?

=Z=
    Methinks you are the only one bummed by Chuck's appearance.
    I think most were quite abuzz his visit to PPO.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

I hope I gave credit where it was due.
    It was awesome to see Chuck there and a tip 'o the cap to whoever arranged it.
    I'm quite happy and proud to be a part of the best Vikings website on the planet - and one which seems to be getting some great positive notice and love from outside our confines.

Doesn't change my tune for a bit on this one, however.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

I'm quite happy and proud to be a part of the best Vikings website on the planet - and one which seems to be getting some great positive notice and love from outside our confines.

=Z=
    I would like Jackyl to clarify that he was out there on Vikings payroll...as it seems his statement means, but have no idea what context.
    I am imagining they have these guys on payroll to bring excitement to the fans seeing the old greats...but I don't know that it is with the explicit requirement they carry the current team's water.
    That would seem mighty transparent.
    J?

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    So - great tailgate, as usual.
    Kudos to Webby & Neum for getting things going early.

I don't know how Chuck Foreman ended up standing next to Shock's car, holding court and signing autographs, but he did, and I thought that was pretty cool.

Right up until I could hear what Chuck was saying.

At approx.
    11:00am, in a sea of adoring purple-clad fans, Chuck Foreman was not firing up the crowd.
    No.
    He was talking down the team, and, specifically, Tarvaris Jackson.

Whether or not what Chuck was saying had merit, I just don't feel like that's his job when being worshipped in the parking lot before the game.
    I would have expected him to be trying to pump up the purple faithful - not bring them down right before they head inside.

Just really disappointed with that effort by Chuck.

=Z=
    I know he is quite frustrated with the team and a few players, and since he is there to talk about what he thinks about the team, I found it interesting.
    He's more qualified than any of us chuckleheads to talk about his thoughts on the internals of the team, I guess.

He's not on the Vikings payroll to fire anyone up.
    In the past he has.
    He's not the kind of guy to blow smoke up your tailpipe.
    I like it.
    Honest insight.
    Not tainted by Vikings "storyline" for the week.

I grabbed him for a second after he was done, and he was not feeling very chipper.
    Most certainly.
    +1
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

=Z=
    I would like Jackyl to clarify that he was out there on Vikings payroll...as it seems his statement means, but have no idea what context.
    I am imagining they have these guys on payroll to bring excitement to the fans seeing the old greats...but I don't know that it is with the explicit requirement they carry the current team's water.

That would seem mighty transparent.

J?
    I interpreted jackyl's comment as total sarcasm, that Chuck use to be on payroll and now isn't? ??

Also that if Chuck was on payroll he would have had to say nice things? ??

JMHO

I can see where Zeus is coming from.
    It is disheartening to hear someone that you look up to and respect say negative things like that about the organization he played for.
    It is the underpinnings of the situation that are possible points of concern.
    It is perfectly OK to be concerned/unhappy
    with what he said and also be happy he was there.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Chuck IS on payroll.... as a team consultant his job is to not only bridge the gap betwee the historic Vikings and the current roster, but to also be honest in HIS opinion of the team.

Blog Entries

"jackyl" wrote:
    Chuck IS on payroll.... as a team consultant his job is to not only bridge the gap betwee the historic Vikings and the current roster, but to also be honest in HIS opinion of the team.
    Awesome.

I think that is the right and honorable way to do it.
    To muzzle a guy like Chuck will be immediately transparent and certainly tarnish not only Chuck, but the organization trying to pull very thin wool over the fans' eyes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast