Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Direct TV questions (Vikings related)

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    I had DirecTV installed yesterday. I was the last stop of the day for the installation guy --- he didn't have enough cable or wall mounts to complete my install!

The install apologized and said we would have to reschedule; probably would have to be Monday or Tuesday. I said, "HELL NO! I'm not missing the Vikes on SUnday!"

I made him wait as I drove to ACE Hardware to buy cable and the wall mounts he needed. He didn't leave my house till close to 11pm... but I got my DirecTV :razz: :grin:
    man that's some good stuff. don't they get paid by the hour though? you could have got the cable and installed yourself, right? i know my family installed our dish by ourselves, wasn't too dificult.

Thanks Josdin

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Vikes on Direct TV this year

Week 2 710
    Week 3 712
    Week 4 713
    Week 5 Open date
    Week 6 708
    Week 7 710
    Week 8 704
    Week 9 710
    Week 10 706
    Week 11 National TV
    Week 12 710
    Week 13 711
    Week 14 710
    Week 15 711
    Week 16 National TV
    Week 17 706

Hope these are right and they help.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Well, I guess this question has been well and truely answered. I'll still post this. If you go to the schedules page on nfl.com (link below), it shows the DirecTV channel for all the games, throughout the season.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"Turboe" wrote:
    "ryanmurphy" wrote:

Does anyone remember opening day two or three years ago??? The Vikes were on network, so Direct didnt broadcast... Then early in the 2nd half, The Vikes were up by so much that the network switched games, and no one outside of Minnesota could watch the second half!!! That sucked...
    Dude, that would suck!!!

This might be the first time I will be glad that the Vikes dont get much national respect and thus not many national televised games. I am looking forward to Sunday.

Although I am wondering if after being gone from Wed-Sunday playing in a golf tournament, I return home only to plop down in front of the Vikes game on TiVo instead of spending "Quality time" with the wife and kids, if I will be in for a ration of pooh from them?

Oh well I guess we will find out.

I remeber that, I wanted to watch the womping some more but ya that really ruined my day

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I am going on 6 years with the ticket. I love it except a couple times, last year I think, some games were blacked out. I had to go to a bar, that sucked. I like watching at home better.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"JDogg926" wrote:
    This is my first year w/ DirecTV. I am so pumped. I'm so used to watching the games w/o sound at BW-3's. I actually be able to hear this year.
    I remember the game against the 49ers in 2003. We were up 28-0 with a few mins left in the first half and they switched the game. I don't care what the score is, if you've decided to go with a game, keep that game on. That really pissed me off. I can't wait until Sunday. I'm setting up my second TV in the living room this weekend so I can have either Browns or get updates on my fantasy players on the second TV. But, I'll be focused on the Vikings.

In the Youngstown, OH viewing area last Saturday they cut off the OSU game early in the 2nd half. A lot of people were pissed about that, they showed Okla. / TCU, I heard on sports talk radio yesterday the manager of the local station saying how many phone calls he got, but that it was ABC's call, and they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily, I have 2 of most local channels (or at least my parents on cable do), so I just switched to the other ABC.
    Just the game I was thinking of. It was on FOX and the whole week leading up to it they were making a big deal about Randy vs. T.Hoe ... It was the one where T.Hoe went off on Mouch who was coach at the time on the sidelines for not getting the ball enough and looking like a jacka$$ against the vikes.

When they came back from halftime and switched the games, my woman went NUTZ. Cause since it was national, the TICKET didnt have it on. She called DirecTV and went OFF on some poor guy answering the phone in the service department down here in Tampa. "I pay all this damn money for the Ticket and you dont air the game??? WTF !!!" She was screaming at the guy ... will never forget it. They finally turned it on the TICKET about half ways through the 3rd quarter.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Vikes on Direct TV this year

Week 2 710
    Week 3 712
    Week 4 713
    Week 5 Open date
    Week 6 708
    Week 7 710
    Week 8 704
    Week 9 710
    Week 10 706
    Week 11 National TV
    Week 12 710
    Week 13 711
    Week 14 710
    Week 15 711
    Week 16 National TV
    Week 17 706

Hope these are right and they help.
    Never trust the preprinted schedule it changes from time to time, ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK if you are taping the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123