Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsBabe is offline Training Camp

Re: Direct TV questions (Vikings related)

jdogg practically had an orgasm when the 700's finally showed up on our DirecTV. he actually woke up with me at like 8am just to check to see if they were on yet. on a day he could have slept til noon!!! what a weirdo! i've never seen him so excited...and never a smile so big!!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks to everyone...

It is on 706 here also.

For some reason I have to go in and maunually set up to record 12:30 pm to 5pm on that channel and it now shows in my "To Do" list. For some reason when I went in and found that particular item in the guide it wouldnt just let me "record this episode" like it normally does.

Anyway it is set now, so I feel much better.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

How do you check to make sure that I will get the games. I would hate to turn on the TV and find out my Sunday Ticket is not working.

Also, I am putting all the games on DVD! :grin:

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i believe on the channel after the NFL Network channel, it'll show you if you are or not. hold on.no it's on channel 215 here in NM, it's just a channel that allows you to order Sunday Ticket, if you already have it will you say you do at the bottom.

Thanks Josdin

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    How do you check to make sure that I will get the games. I would hate to turn on the TV and find out my Sunday Ticket is not working.

There is a ch for setting it up and it will tell you that you are ready i think... I have had it for a while, and it automatically renews itself each year.
    Does anyone remember opening day two or three years ago??? The Vikes were on network, so Direct didnt broadcast... Then early in the 2nd half, The Vikes were up by so much that the network switched games, and no one outside of Minnesota could watch the second half!!! That sucked...

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

There is a ch for setting it up and it will tell you that you are ready i think... I have had it for a while, and it automatically renews itself each year.
    Does anyone remember opening day two or three years ago??? The Vikes were on network, so Direct didnt broadcast... Then early in the 2nd half, The Vikes were up by so much that the network switched games, and no one outside of Minnesota could watch the second half!!! That sucked...
    yah mine automatically renews itself too. i don't remeber that particular game, but i've missed a whole bunch of games due to the fact i was working morning shift at my old job and the vikings just so happen to always play in the morning :sad:
    hopefully my new job will give me most of the sundays off so i'll be able to watch them all this season.

Thanks Josdin

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"ryanmurphy" wrote:

Dude, that would suck!!!

This might be the first time I will be glad that the Vikes dont get much national respect and thus not many national televised games. I am looking forward to Sunday.

Although I am wondering if after being gone from Wed-Sunday playing in a golf tournament, I return home only to plop down in front of the Vikes game on TiVo instead of spending "Quality time" with the wife and kids, if I will be in for a ration of shit from them?

Oh well I guess we will find out.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Direct TV ROCKS!!! Been using it for going on my fourth year i believe. It dont get any better than Sunday Ticket. I thought usually the games didn't appear on the channells till the day of the game....but maybe i'm mistaken. But i know where your coming from dude, the first year i had it i was all worried about it too and then to have to record it for your first time, my games are on tape (last year was the first) and i screwed up the first one of the year, only got the first half of the dallas game, lol.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

This is my first year w/ DirecTV. I am so pumped. I'm so used to watching the games w/o sound at BW-3's. I actually be able to hear this year.
    I remember the game against the 49ers in 2003. We were up 28-0 with a few mins left in the first half and they switched the game. I don't care what the score is, if you've decided to go with a game, keep that game on. That really pissed me off. I can't wait until Sunday. I'm setting up my second TV in the living room this weekend so I can have either Browns or get updates on my fantasy players on the second TV. But, I'll be focused on the Vikings.

In the Youngstown, OH viewing area last Saturday they cut off the OSU game early in the 2nd half. A lot of people were pissed about that, they showed Okla. / TCU, I heard on sports talk radio yesterday the manager of the local station saying how many phone calls he got, but that it was ABC's call, and they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily, I have 2 of most local channels (or at least my parents on cable do), so I just switched to the other ABC.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

pigskinronin is offline Starter

I had DirecTV installed yesterday. I was the last stop of the day for the installation guy --- he didn't have enough cable or wall mounts to complete my install!

The install apologized and said we would have to reschedule; probably would have to be Monday or Tuesday. I said, "HELL NO! I'm not missing the Vikes on SUnday!"

I made him wait as I drove to ACE Hardware to buy cable and the wall mounts he needed. He didn't leave my house till close to 11pm... but I got my DirecTV :razz: :grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast