Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Direct TV questions (Vikings related)

Any seasoned veterans of Direct TV and NFL Ticket on here please respond I am just a Rookie coming out of my first training camp on this deal. I have a couple questions if anyone is lurking who knows this kind of stuff.

I just figured out this week how to double check that my NFL Ticket is activated, and it is so that makes me feel better.

But now, how do I find the Vikings game Sunday on the guide grid? I am leaving tomorrow on a business trip and will not be home until Sunday night. I went looking for it today to set the TiVo but either I cant find it, I dont know where to look, or it isnt up there yet? How does that work?

Also is Direct TV the same all over the country? Do we all get the same basic channels (with your local ones mixed in)? If my ESPN is on 206 is yours in say Boise as well? Golf Channel is 605, NFL Network is 212. Just curious?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, I am getting nervous now that I wont be able to set the TiVo. I would hate to have to rely on my wife or kids doing it manually when game time rolled around, they might forget and I would hate to yell at them.

Thanks.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Direct TV questions (Vikings related)

I have sunday ticket and I just move the thing forward to the exact time of kickoff and it records fine for me. All the channels are the same but I don't think it makes much of a difference in NC as opposed to SC.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah my ESPN is the same as yours. if you wait til Saturday it'll say NFL games or something, if you go into the description it'll usually tell you what game is playing and when. if you look on sunday it'll say for sure what channel the vikes will be on. it'll be like Tampa Bay vs Minnesota. not too hard to find, they group all the NFL Sunday Ticket channels together, i believe they are in the 700s. if you got any other questions i'd be happy to answer them

Thanks Josdin

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Makes no difference where you are. The Viking game this Sunday against Tampa bay is on channel 706 beginning at 1 p.m. Eastern time -- Noon Minnesota time.
    The channel number changes each week and Direct TV should have mailed you a schedule with your last bill.
    The week of the 18th the channel is 710 and on Sept. 25th it on channel 712. All these first three game are the same time.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

If you go to nfl.com and search "vikings 2005 schedule" the schedule will pop up with what channel on directv the game is on. I'm not too sure about TiVo, but I assume you'd be able to do it later in the week. I believe directv has the same channels all over the US. Hope this helped.

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

wow, 4 people responded.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Wow there they are, I just found the channels, they must have just put those channels up there in the last couple days, because they didnt exist on my guide a couple days ago.

However it is wierd when I go to Sunday at 1pm and see the game listed, when I highlight it "record this episode" is not one of the options like it usually is. Is there some copyright deal about them not allowing you to TiVo the NFL Ticket or something? I cant imagine that, but I am getting scared. I have to get this programmed tonight before I leave town tomorrow.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i have no idea about copyrights or anything, i've heard other fans say they have all the games on TiVo though. i wish i could help you man, good luck with that.

Thanks Josdin

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

The Game is on ch 706 at 1:00pm EST. This is assuming that the ch lineup is the same for you in SC as it is for me in Atlanta, which I am 99% sure it is. Just to be safe, check out www.tvguide.com You have to set up an account, but its free... Hope this helps

well , i just set my tivo to record the vikings game and i didn't get any copy right thing . this is how i did it . hit the guide button , then the info button right above the guide button . that pops up a option menu for the guide . change the settings to : day , sunday the 11th ; time 10 am (pacific) ; filtering , on ; choose filter , football ( in the sports option ) . then it listed all the games to be aired that day , then hit select on the vikings game and then hit record this episode. ta-da!!

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast