gpete13 is offline Starter

Digital Cable Owners

I heard a commercial for NFL on demand. It shows the highlights of the all the games from Sunday. So far it is free. I think its only for digital cable though, which I am lucky to have.

I checked it out when I was home. It had about 13 minutes of every game and showed the key plays and the scoring. Not bad. When you watch the Viking/Bears game, they definately had Bears announcers. I never heard such bias and unprofesional announcing. Groaning and complaining. Im certainly not used to that, growing up in the NY area, not being a fan of those teams. Now living also near to Philly I hear it a little with there broad casts, but not as bad as that game. The credit said the radio announcing was done by Sirius.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Digital Cable Owners

"gpete13" wrote:
    I heard a commercial for NFL on demand. It shows the highlights of the all the games from Sunday. So far it is free. I think its only for digital cable though, which I am lucky to have.

I checked it out when I was home. It had about 13 minutes of every game and showed the key plays and the scoring. Not bad. When you watch the Viking/Bears game, they definately had Bears announcers. I never heard such bias and unprofesional announcing. Groaning and complaining. Im certainly not used to that, growing up in the NY area, not being a fan of those teams. Now living also near to Philly I hear it a little with there broad casts, but not as bad as that game. The credit said the radio announcing was done by Sirius.
    Well, Sirius may have just pirated the home town broadcast. As far as I know, the Vikings games are broadcast on KFAN, which in an ESPN radio station. I don't think Sirius can use ESPN material, though I'm not completely sure of that. The Bears games are broadcast on 780 AM, the local news radio station, oddly enough. I think 780 is owned by CBS, and therefore might be able to sell their broadcast to Sirius. I admit I'm guessing on a lot of the legal arangement mentioned in this post, but it's at least a theory as to why you heard a Chicago biased broadcast.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Digital Cable Owners

"gpete13" wrote:

Yo G I had the game on fox (3 weeks of VIKES football in the LV) and man I was pissed with the goobers calling the game all that groaning after everyplay I really wish that they would have washed the sand out of their vaginas before the game :rr:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Digital Cable Owners

Since I'm a Braves fan i watch all of thier games on TBS<(Not taking back sunday). And Dun sutton, Joe Simpson, Skip Caray, and Pete Van Wieren are so bias to the Braves its great.
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Digital Cable Owners

i had digital cable, its nice, but directv is like the same thing with vikings on tv everyweek, living in philly you must miss many games like i did living in CA. sunday ticket rules.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Digital Cable Owners

I have digital cable but i dont have all that cool highlights from sunday. What channel was it on for you. Probably is a different channel here but why not give it a try.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

gpete13 is offline Starter

Digital Cable Owners

Well Im outside of Philly, actually in the Poconos, so I'm a 2 hour drive to either NYC or Philly. But I know get both Philly TV and NYC TV. I used to live right across the river from NYC, next to the Meadowlands, within walking distance (it helped a few times comming home from concerts).

Its on the "On Demand" channel, the new PPV's that you can select movies and other channels (like HBO on Demand) and see them as many times as you want for 24 hours. You can also pause and rewind. The channel (of course this might be different) is 01. Go into it and check the directory its under the Free section. Its kinda like having a Tivo set in your cable box. You can even check previews for the movies before you buy them. Its a good feature.

Im pretty sure I could but a NFL package, but I have other things to buy.