Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

A Different Side of Moss & Ragnar Treated Like Crap in P

C.J.: Brad Madson sees a different Moss
    C.J., Star Tribune
    February 1, 2005 CJ0201

There's someone at Winter Park who really doesn't enjoy this Randy Moss trade-bait talk: Brad Madson, community relations guy.

"I would miss him, and so would a lot of economically and physically challenged kids," Madson said. "Randy and Matt Birk did the most community service on the team this year."

But I heard Moss tell ESPN that he wasn't listening to what Birk was saying about the receiver's two-second early exit from the Washington game.

"I saw it, too, but the day after we lost and everybody was saying their goodbyes, Randy was signing a jersey for Matt Birk's foundation," Madson said. "So it looked to me like they were getting along."

While many others find Moss so annoying that some fool in Madison, Wis., put up a billboard that said, "Zero Rings for Randy Moss -- PRICELESS," and out on the Web there's a fake ad for Charmin Ultra doing what he was doing near that Green Bay goal post, Madson has a shockingly different take on Randy.

"He makes my job easy because he comes up with the ideas to help kids. Whether it's reading at pizza parties, giving away bikes or hosting a Christmas party with Matt and coach [Mike] Tice for 400 needy folks on the Monday before we played the Packers on Christmas Eve, Randy has been there."

Madson loves the thank-you letters they get from kids. "They say, I like to read more now. Thanks for coming to our school. And then in about a third of them they write, 'Who was the white dude with you?'

"I'm proud to stand by Randy and consider him a good friend."

In another defense of Moss, Sam Neumann of Chisago City, Minn., told Sporting News: "When Randy Moss 'moons' fans, we hear about it for weeks. But when he gives touchdown balls to handicapped children, we don't hear a peep. Funny how that works." Also in Sporting News, the Vikings owner got a mention in a blurb about Mr. Blackwell naming Serena Williams and Nicollet Sheridan to his 2004 Worst Dressed list. "When Mr. B gets around to his men's rankings, here are four words for him: Red McCombs in fur."

Brotherly love, indeed

Joe Juranitch could have used Ragnar's battle ax when the Vikings lost in Philly.

The Vikings mascot was treated to an all-expenses-paid trip by Philadelphia socialite Harry Jay Katz after he read that Juranitch, a public school dean during the week, doubted he would make the trip because he had to pay his own way. Way to save money, Red.

The two had a great time together -- despite some scary treatment from rowdy Eagles fans. Everywhere Juranitch went in his Vikings jacket, obscene words were hurled at him, even in the men's room.

Katz said he waited outside the stadium restroom until "I heard some Eagles fans saying disparaging remarks. ... I'm a big guy also, 6-3, and I figured I better get in there. It was Joe's time to step up to urinate and there was this one drunken Eagles fan getting in Joe's face. So I stood behind Joe while he was urinating to protect him. Who knows what a bunch of drunken stupid people can do?"

Said Juranitch: "You know what? I don't get scared often. The worst feeling in the world is knowing you have no chance, and I knew I had no chance there. I thought it was the most disgusting display that a human being could show another human being."

Katz impressed Juranitch by blowing smoke in the face of one hostile fan. Juranitch has made a promise to Katz: " 'We shall fly you out to Minnesota and let you see what real fans act like.' He can pick the game he wants to go to. I would hope our fans would never treat another human being like the Philly Eagles did to us. Everybody knows about it in the league, and it won't be addressed -- and why?"

It's highly possible that the New England Patriots will serve those Eagles fans a nice tall mug of SHUT UP come Sunday.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

ccasion5: nuff said...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Well, that certainly convinces me of who I'm rooting for this weekend. These are my 2 most hated teams, I've been mulling back and forth who to cheer for. Thanks for helping me make up my mind @$$hole Philly losers. May your misery continue. :angryfire: :angryfire:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

Del Rio Guest

Better save this story for next season when all those people come spouting how big of an arse Moss is and how great the fans of Philly really are.

Because we were really enlightened on thier behavior. The thing that gets me is there may be a few bad apples, but WTF are the good ones? I know for a fact if I'm at a ball game and see stuff like that being done to someone that supports the oppising teams I'm going to try and stop that. The lack of desire to help another human being is disturbing.

As far as Moss goes only we the fans know what he does and respect him for it. Articles like these need to be blown up and pasted on billboards.

Del Rio Guest

Does it include the harassment of Minnesota Viking Chris Liwienski's mother and family at Lincoln Field during the divisional playoff game? Liwienski's mom claims she was physically confronted and intimidated in the upper deck. Does anyone doubt it? It's Philly after all. Her crime? Wearing her son's jersey, which Liwienski, knowing Philly fans, had begged her not to do.

"I tried to warn them," Liwienski said of his family. "It's like these fans have hit a new low."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3368774

Great article. Moss' generosity is very underrated by the media, perhaps intentionally.

As for the Eagles fans, I found out they were like this a while back and have hated them ever since. I mean, who doesnt hate the Eagles and their fans besides Eagles fans themselves?

Never thought Id be saying this, but Go Pats!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Mr. O is offline Starter

I've got the new Billboard,

Hated by the media and fans of other NFL teams, cost - Nothing he would miss.

Loved by Millions of Vikings fans world wide, cost - using his god given athleticism to make spectacular plays.

Randy Moss helping out kids in the community-PRICELESS!!!!
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: A Different Side of Moss & Ragnar Treated Like Crap

"Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    ...and out on the Web there's a fake ad for Charmin Ultra doing what he was doing near that Green Bay goal post, Madson has a shockingly different take on Randy.
    I am suing for trademark infringment!!! :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Well, that certainly convinces me of who I'm rooting for this weekend. These are my 2 most hated teams, I've been mulling back and forth who to cheer for. Thanks for helping me make up my mind @$$hole Philly losers. May your misery continue.

Not the Packers????????????????

What??????????