Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Re: Did you know BJ won 2003's NFL Quarterback Challenge Con

I knew he won but I didn't see it. I just wonder how he won when mobility and the deep ball were part of the competition. Not to say that he is terrible at those things, but he isn't the best. Obviously he dominated the accuracy and probably did really well with the no huddle.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Did you know BJ won 2003's NFL Quarterback Challenge Contest

I learned something new today, thanks for the info.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

spergeon wynn(you know him, the big letdown) won the CFL's QB challenge. he's not even a starter and never will be. he was 4th on the bluebombers depth chart last year. just because a QB has the skill to win one of these compititions doesn't mean he'll act the same under pressure

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

And next year's winner........ drumroll please...... T-Jack
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    just because a QB has the skill to win one of these compititions doesn't mean he'll act the same under pressure
    regardless, we already know BJ can perform under pressure

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

fromos is offline Rookie

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    spergeon wynn(you know him, the big letdown) won the CFL's QB challenge. he's not even a starter and never will be. he was 4th on the bluebombers depth chart last year. just because a QB has the skill to win one of these compititions doesn't mean he'll act the same under pressure
    Spergeon Wynn probably didn't have much competition in the CFL challenge. But yeah Vinny Testeverde won the NFL QB Challenge back in 97 too, and he wasn't the greatest quarterback either. But some pretty good quarterbacks like Marino, Garcia, and Plummer have won it too. I would have to say having the best skills doesn't always mean you'll perform the best when an opposing team's defense is coming to sack you and intercept your throws. Which makes combine numbers not such a great indicator in the draft for QBs. Still, it was pretty interesting to see that our quarterback went head to head with Brady and Hasselbeck in a skills competition and beat them. I get the feeling Brad has more mobility and arm strength than he lets on.

Also interesting is that Jeff Garcia won it in 2002 and Hasselbeck won it in 2004, and the one time Johnson competed in it he beat them both.

fromos is offline Rookie

Still waiting for someone to say it was the Tampa defense that won him the skills competition :grin:

"fromos" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    Spergeon Wynn probably didn't have much competition in the CFL challenge.

spergeon wynn, a CFL 4th string QB, didn't have much compitition? yeah, right :roll: . try watching a cfl game

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"fromos" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    Spergeon Wynn probably didn't have much competition in the CFL challenge. But yeah Vinny Testeverde won the NFL QB Challenge back in 97 too, and he wasn't the greatest quarterback either. But some pretty good quarterbacks like Marino, Garcia, and Plummer have won it too. I would have to say having the best skills doesn't always mean you'll perform the best when an opposing team's defense is coming to sack you and intercept your throws. Which makes combine numbers not such a great indicator in the draft for QBs. Still, it was pretty interesting to see that our quarterback went head to head with Brady and Hasselbeck in a skills competition and beat them. I get the feeling Brad has more mobility and arm strength than he lets on.

Also interesting is that Jeff Garcia won it in 2002 and Hasselbeck won it in 2004, and the one time Johnson competed in it he beat them both.
    The thing that makes it interesting is that many people don't think that Brad can make the deep throws or that he is very mobile...for him to win the skills competition shows that he DOES have those skills...plus, he does have that Super Bowl ring, which proves that he can LEAD a team to a championship...regardless of the fact that they had a dominant defense or not.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

yeah, what he said. my only problem with brad is that he's not a long term solution, and IMO neither is tavaris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast