Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Did Tjack make significant improvements?

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Towards the End of last season I thought He played well enough to keep the team goin. But for some reason at the start of the season he was getting the ball out and some guys were just dropping his passes. Its hard to say whats type of improvements he's making now he's the Number 2 QB.
    +1

We just don't know

I can't make a judgement in 2 games against 2 stellar pass D's and with all that went on

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Towards the End of last season I thought He played well enough to keep the team goin. But for some reason at the start of the season he was getting the ball out and some guys were just dropping his passes. Its hard to say whats type of improvements he's making now he's the Number 2 QB.
    +1

We just don't know

I can't make a judgement in 2 games against 2 stellar pass D's and with all that went on
    Luckily the coaches and staff who need to make those judgments have a lot more than just 2 games to go off from.
    Not only is there the 12 previous games, but also the 2 games in preason, all of training camp, and the weekly practices...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Well if you want to add in preseason and all that he looked pretty damn good

And ive heard mixed things from training camp. I heard he was hittin bombs all day

And the 12 games last year then yes he did improve

We can't really tell this year because every player on the was rusty as hell and not playing good as a unit

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Jackson first 8 starts
    98/186 52.7% 1034yds 3tds 9int 15sacks QB rating 54.6 28rushes 141yds 2td
    Jackson starts 9-16
    133/221 60.2% 1458yds 7td 6int 14sacks QB rating 78.59 49rushes 241yds 2td
    Is this significant improvement?(I didn't include the Lions game because it wasn't a start)
    Jackson first 8 starts
    Jackson last 10 starts
    166/274 60.6% 1857yds 11td 6int 20 sacks QB rating 85.06 60rushes 320yds 2td
    Or
    Jacksons First 8 starts
    Jackson last 8 starts
    138/238 58% 1514yds 11tds 5int 15sacks QB rating 85.56 50rushes 262yds 2td
    Or
    Jackson first 8 starts
    Jackson second 8 starts
    133/221 60.2% 1458yds 7td 6int 14sacks QB rating 78.59 49rushes 241yds 2td
    Jackson last 2 starts
    33/53 62.3% 399yds 6td 0int 6sacks 44yards QB rating 123.07 11carries 79 yards 0td
    (I'll update this, should be an interesting look after 6 more starts, he's got a good start).

I think T-Jack psyched himself out in the beginning of the season.
    Now he is just playing, I'm not willing to crown him starter yet, but I think he is making a good case.
    Maybe the problems with his son, put his head in order.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    I think T-Jack psyched himself out in the beginning of the season.
    Now he is just playing, I'm not willing to crown him starter yet, but I think he is making a good case.
    Maybe the problems with his son, put his head in order.
    I still believe the entire team was off the first two games.
    The receivers couldn't get open, weren't real healthy, weren't creating separation... Shanks couldn't catch a cold at the Center for Disease Control... OLine wasn't real solid and was missing McK... TD-Jack was bit rusty after missing a few Preseason games... it was just a rusty start.
    But in the end, who cares... he's looked good in the past few games.
    He's still no Probowler but he's doing what he needs to do for us to win games IMO.
    Look at where Kerry Collins has the Titans.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

At this point I'll take my chances with a QB who can run to get out of trouble and keep a play alive than a guy who would have trouble outrunning the Statue of Liberty.
    Gus also has a proclivity to throw pics and take sacks.
    TJ or bust baby!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"purplehelmut" wrote:
    At this point I'll take my chances with a QB who can run to get out of trouble and keep a play alive than a guy who would have trouble outrunning the Statue of Liberty.
    TJ or bust baby!
    not sure if you watch the games on tv but the announcer was saying how TJ was also dealing with his daughter having a pace maker put in during the first two games, but didn't tell anybody and most of his teammates still don't know... so that is also a reason to cut him some slack...

Chilly probably did know this and decided to bench him in the process as well so he could take care of his personal business...

AND the entire team was playing like crap early on in the season... so all of the above i think contributed to the spotty play... and the predictable play calling didn't help either!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "purplehelmut" wrote:
    TJ or bust baby!
    not sure if you watch the games on tv but the announcer was saying how TJ was also dealing with his daughter having a pace maker put in during the first two games, but didn't tell anybody and most of his teammates still don't know... so that is also a reason to cut him some slack...

Chilly probably did know this and decided to bench him in the process as well so he could take care of his personal business...

AND the entire team was playing like crap early on in the season... so all of the above i think contributed to the spotty play... and the predictable play calling didn't help either!!
    I caught that too, but I thought that was later in the season, not necessarily in the first two weeks.

And the "predictable play calling" excuse is still BS.

I think TJack was putting too much pressure on himself, and the benching, along with his daughter, may have put some things in perspective for him.
    I think he has definately shown us something that he didn't have in the first two games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "purplehelmut" wrote:
    TJ or bust baby!

I caught that too, but I thought that was later in the season, not necessarily in the first two weeks.

And the "predictable play calling" excuse is still BS.

I think TJack was putting too much pressure on himself, and the benching, along with his daughter, may have put some things in perspective for him.
    I think he has definately shown us something that he didn't have in the first two games.
    yeah, she was saying it was during the first two weeks and that was weighing on him as well as putting alot of pressure on himself...

and to the playcalling...we'll agree to disagree... clearly in my opinion, the playcalling was opened up/different when we went to Gus, and 2. it has been better the past 8 weeks or so... noone is crying about how predictable we are or what not!!.. and we are not going shotgun throwing deep with the best runner in the NFL on 3rd and 1 either....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast