Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iowa is offline Rookie
    It wasn't that bad, happens every game.The fact that it ended the guys season makes it seem worse than it was.I thought the hit Rudolph took that knocked him out of the game was similar.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I watched the video several times and the injury was not the result if the block. There was no stress on the knee at all when the hit was delivered but if you look at the time about 1/2 second before the hit when the guy put on the breaks and tried to stop it looks like the knee might have gone out on him right there. Certainly was not the result of the hit or anything after the hit that I could see.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    You are all falling into the trap that is the No Fun League. He made a block to keep Winfield from being tackled. Was it a hard hit? Yeah, it was. Was it a blind-side, away from the ball play? No. Let them play.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I watched the video several times and the injury was not the result if the block. There was no stress on the knee at all when the hit was delivered but if you look at the time about 1/2 second before the hit when the guy put on the breaks and tried to stop it looks like the knee might have gone out on him right there. Certainly was not the result of the hit or anything after the hit that I could see.
    Exactly.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    I think it was clearly illegal and will get him a fine but I don't think it was dirty or cheap. Defensive guys get amped up to throw a big hit and probably don't spend much practice time going over proper, or legal, technique.

Ironically (I'm sure that's not using the word right but, whatever) I was just doing some bathroom reading of ESPN the mag on cut blocking and how it dangerous it is for defensive players while offensive players are protected by multiple rules. JA was quoted as saying his knees are just as valuable as Tom Brady's.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. When I watched the replay of that hit, in the article I linked, I remember scratching my head and thinking "How the hell did he get a hurt knee out of that???" But then I didn't give it much further thought.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Great legal block if he'd kept his feet on the ground. The way he launched himself makes it an illegal hit, but not cheap. The block was made in the flow of the play, not away from the play where the guy getting hit has no chance to be a factor. Hate the guy got hurt but that's football. He may have gotten hurt even if JA had made a so-called legal block.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    I didn't see it as clearly as I do in the video, but how can that be called a blind side hit? Of course the other guy may be totally blind and can't see a hit from the front.
    None

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Did JA throw a cheap shot?

By today's rules, it was illegal...shouldn't have launched into the guy. Love JA but, just sayin'

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast