Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Did anyone else see Mike Williams' nice .............

10 yard down and out today. Man, the Vikes should have drafted him. He may have even done it against a starting DB. Of course, I don't want to make light of it if he did it against a 2nd string NFL corner. I mean, we all know he couldn't do it against a 1st teamer.

Will whoever replies first to this post please turn this into a "Randy Moss should have never been traded thread."

Also, I heard Troy dropped his car keys accidentally on the way home last night when he went to his car. I'll bet Mike Williams has never dropped his keys.

6 plays, 2 catches, 68 yards. I don't give a dog who it's against, it was his first game action as a pro. Make no mistake, in two years, he'll be one of the best in the league (baring injury). The kid is 22, and he's for real. How about some of you naysayers cut him a little slack.

TW did something uncharacteristic last night.....after his first catch, he spun the ball on the ground. I've never seen him with attitude. I dare say that was for all the bad mouthing fans who've chewed him up for no reason over the past few months, and for the media and their STUPID consistent questioning about Randy Moss. Heck, did anyone see the interviews during the game with Buleson and Culpepper?????.........the media is obsessed with asking them about Randy Moss. If I were Viking players, I would tell the reporters to get a grip b/c Randy Moss plays for the Raiders. It's almost to a point of disrespectfulness by the media now. We don't hear about the Vikings, just about how Randy Moss isn't there and
    "how will the Vikes handle life without dear Randy."

Randy will do the same thing for Oakland as he did for you.................catch a bunch of balls on a team that doesn't ever get to the Super Bowl.

Two plays don't make a receiver, but with a gimpy ankle, I'd say TW showed a glimpse of what's to come. (And Oh yes, when totally healthy, he'll make the 1st team DB's look bad too). I went to a HS game last night, and even taped the Viking game.........................man, never thought I would tape a preseason anything...........but that's how much I enjoy watching TW.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Did anyone else see Mike Williams' nice .............

I don't get what your saying? Who are you for drafting? You made Williams sound like a god by never dropping his car keys and stuff.. But ur name is Carolina fan and are praising TW.. So I dunno

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I don't get what your saying? Who are you for drafting? You made Williams sound like a god by never dropping his car keys and stuff.. But ur name is Carolina fan and are praising TW.. So I dunno
    I think he was joking but it is hard to tell. Use more smileys to show your emotions carolina fan.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think he was joking but it is hard to tell. Use more smileys to show your emotions carolina fan.

LOL.. Thanks PPE.. Im horrible with sarcasm.. If someone says something I ussually take it as they are being serious :grin:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i suck with sarcasm also. sometimes i feel like an idiot for not getting it.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    :grin: Of course I was joking with a little sarcasm. My screen name is b/c I'm a South Carolina fan and a huge TW fan. I was just poking at the many posters on here who have been blasting the Vikes for taking TW instead of Williams, and who've been riding TW for stupid junk like "he dropped a pass in practice today.....Oh my."

Your point about more smileys in the future is well taken..........See :wink:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Simply meant that with Williams, you're going to get some 10 yard down and outs and with TW, you'll get 55 yarders.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

He means, straight out, get off TW's jock. He's a good player and will show it.

Let me not get into the effect of fans poohing on a player over and over and its general effect.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:

Let me not get into the effect of fans poohing on a player over and over and its general effect.
    It's ok Webby, the Eagles fans booed McNabb when they drafted him, and he turned out alright.

"webmaster" wrote:

Ding, Ding, Ding...............we have a winner :grin:

Thanks Webmaster for putting it so simply for me. Being a South Carolina fan, I've got a right to be cynical, but I don't think I've seen anything to compare to the cynicism I've seen about TW. I guess that's big time NFL football. (But I would think it would be much easier on a new player if he got some support instead of bashing all the time). It's not everyone, but way more than I ever imagined. I hope for TW's sake, he doesn't drop another ball or they'll railroad him out of town :sad:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast