Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Dickerson doesn't want his record broken

If he stays healthy and continues on his current path he will shatter most RB records in the NFL.....including (Like it or not Eric) Dickersons.

He also could start becomming a real threat to catch passes (An area I believe he's very under-rated in) out of the backfield....which we have not done a lot of yet but should do more of. Once he makes the first guy miss he's most likely off to the races.

I think a lot of teams are going to be keeing in on AP for the Initial handoff....and after they see it's not to him will let him go, where he can sneak out into the flat for a quick pass. A lot like Foreman use to do from Fran. in the 70s.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

So try this on for an idea. We're seeing a bunch of 8 man fronts. It comes down to the last game of the season. Peterson is 100 yards away from the record but in the first quarter he keeps getting bottled up and only has 10 yards rushing. But we can win the game with our short passes because everyone is "cheating on the run." So what do you do, pass for the win or keep giving it to Peterson hoping he breaks the record?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Easy COJOMAY...Let Brooks Pass for the Score....Points first....records second right??

Getting Priority Test Here...LOL

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    So try this on for an idea. We're seeing a bunch of 8 man fronts. It comes down to the last game of the season. Peterson is 100 yards away from the record but in the first quarter he keeps getting bottled up and only has 10 yards rushing. But we can win the game with our short passes because everyone is "cheating on the run." So what do you do, pass for the win or keep giving it to Peterson hoping he breaks the record?
    Give it to Peterson, he will break one or two and we'll get the win and the record.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Give it to Peterson.
    The last game of the season is against the 32nd Ranked Rush Defense in the Denver Broncos.

pretty sure peterson will run town on them lol, he wont be bottled up often.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Frankly, I don't see Peterson even coming close to the record until we prove ourselves with our passing game.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Frankly, I don't see Peterson even coming close to the record until we prove ourselves with our passing game.
    lol, i personally think even if we dont pass for more than 150 yards in game of the next 8 games peterson will still be close to the record.
    If not beat it

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"COJOMAY" wrote:

A vaild point I think.....and the truth is GB doesn't respect it. I don't think they are worried one bit about Brooks Bollinger at QB this Sunday, which....if the Coaches are Smart enough to figure out could be a real weakness that could be exploited against GB. They are going to expect a lot of A.P. and they will see that. The key...I believe will be in surprising GB with some passes when least expected by BB. Of course he will have to execute these passes (Like he's been doing) in these situations when and if they are called.

I don't know....I like our chances at Lambeau Sunday. I think the Team as a whole will be pumped and ready to go.

Cheers!

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

hand it off to peterson, let him throw a TD pas
    ;D

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    hand it off to peterson, let him throw a TD pas
    ;D
    lol, now theres an idea

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast