Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie

Dickerson doesn't want his record broken

Sorry if this has already been posted.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=amAFjO3i4fOU&refer=home

I guess you have to like his honesty, but who better to break your record than peterson, thoughts??

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dickerson doesn't want his record broken

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been posted.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=amAFjO3i4fOU&refer=home

I guess you have to like his honesty, but who better to break your record than peterson, thoughts??
    I have no problem with him wanting to hold the record - and he isn't a jackass about it like those idiots from Miami and their perfect season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

After last week, defenses may be gearing their game plan to stopping the run when they face Minnesota.
    And they weren't already? Pretty sure we made a statement about our running game vs Chicago.

Altho i think we also made a statement when we came out and ran 5 plays in a row (for like 49 yards?), the defense stacked the box and we threw over their heads to Rice for 6.

If we get a passing game...

Try & stop us.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Rookie record should fall, but the single season record, which Peterson is just under halfway to, will be a truly amazing feat if he breaks it.

This will be fun to watch.
    I think that the TEAM is going to take even more pride inthe blocking and running game knowing it is a possibility to help AD get there.
    The amazing part is that the other teams know we are going to run it, and we will have to overcome that fact.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Eric Dickerson to the right, Eric Dickerson to the left, Eric Dickerson up the middle...fun guy to watch.
    Yea, I would say Peterson is a lot like Dickerson.
    Similar running styles, both powerful and fast, upright, stars from day one.

I hope AD shatters his record. Guess he needs 1070 yds to break his record in the last 8 games or 134yds/game.
    Its doable, but will probably take a couple more 200 yarders.

Cool quote from Snickerson:
    ``He just put all the defenses on notice that this guy can hurt you and hurt you bad. Like, getting-people-out-of-jobs bad,' Dickerson said. ``You're going to see a lot of eight-man fronts.'

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

He should get ready as AD wasn't even the primary back in the first half, plus the vikes are facing some of the worst rushing D's in the second half.

SF 24th
    CHI 26th
    OAK 30th
    DEN 32nd

AD could very well get 200+yds against both OAK and DEN, but I would love to see it happen to all four.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He may not want it broken but I do!

"gagarr" wrote:
    He should get ready as AD wasn't even the primary back in the first half, plus the vikes are facing some of the worst rushing D's in the second half.

SF 24th
    CHI 26th
    OAK 30th
    DEN 32nd

AD could very well get 200+yds against both OAK and DEN, but I would love to see it happen to all four.

i've been waiting for those two games... i dont want to wait till Dec. 30th to play denver...
    :'( lol

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The Rookie record should fall, but the single season record, which Peterson is just under halfway to, will be a truly amazing feat if he breaks it.

I think that the TEAM is going to take even more pride inthe blocking and running game knowing it is a possibility to help AD get there.
    The amazing part is that the other teams know we are going to run it, and we will have to overcome that fact.
    I think they knew the Vikes were going to run it before the season started, as that's what Childress does, very young QB, and weak WR's.
    AD's real talent is his yards after contact, takes what would be a 3 yard play and makes it 6, 6 yds to 10, 10 yrds to 50.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I think they knew the Vikes were going to run it before the season started, as that's what Childress does, very young QB, and weak WR's.
    AD's real talent is his yards after contact, takes what would be a 3 yard play and makes it 6, 6 yds to 10, 10 yrds to 50.
    thats what blows my mind about this kid.
    There are MANY times each games where i'll see him swollowed up in the whole by opposing defenses.. only to blow out of it somehow and pick up at least the first down..
    i dont know how many times i've said "how the hell does this kid do that.." during a vikings game this season.
    truely an amazing athelete, probably one of the top we'll see in our lives if he continues to play near this level for years to come

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast