singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dickerson: AD really needs a QB

Vikings' Adrian Peterson 'really needs a quarterback,' Eric Dickerson says

Vikings' Adrian Peterson 'really needs a quarterback,' Eric Dickerson says - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Funny. He did pretty well last year without a QB.

Personally I think he needs to add a few more wrinkles to his game instead of being a one trick pony. Once the defense takes that trick away he has nothing left in his bag of tricks.

Maybe instead of spending his free time banging hoes he could put in some time and learn how to block and catch a screen pass with consistency so they could keep him in on 3rd down and have a little more flexibility with the plays they call.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Funny. He did pretty well last year without a QB.

Personally I think he needs to add a few more wrinkles to his game instead of being a one trick pony. Once the defense takes that trick away he has nothing left in his bag of tricks.

Maybe instead of spending his free time banging hoes he could put in some time and learn how to block and catch a screen pass with consistency so they could keep him in on 3rd down and have a little more flexibility with the plays they call.
    Did you see the screen attempts on sunday? three of them sailed a mile over his head. It was freeman-esque.

And I feel his blocking has improved tremendously this year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    The guy has been playing at half speed fighting injuries. I think they should give Toby more carries until AD heals.

Also, I believe AD's pass catching and blocking has improved quite a bit. After the first few games, he was actually given the highest pass blocking grade on the team...I know.

IMO, AD doesn't come out on 3rd downs because of his liabilty, mostly just a decision the coaches made to limit his carries and use Toby in preset packages.