Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    silvermane is offline Rookie

detroit vs minnesota

well the nfc north is closer at the mid season point than it has been in years. the worst part is, chicago fans now think they have a chance! yikes!

anyway with moss out i think the lions best chance to win is the way they have been doing it all this time...with defense and special teams. the offense should just stay on the sidelines, they will foul it up. harrington has been horrible these last couple games. why throw to an open receiver when you can just throw to someone in tight coverage? makes sense right? he has been overthrowing, underthrowing you name it. kevin jones had better start to convince us why he was a top pick, he has been slow to hit the holes and just not getting it done. williams has been a gem, but the other receivers especially hakim and tight end alexander have been disappointing. the line has been playing pretty well. so cheer up you guys playing our offense might just be the spark your defense needs to get some confidence.

i think the more interesting match will be our defense against your offense, minus moss. our front 7 has been playing very well and getting much more pressure on quarterbacks than years past. that has allowed the secondary to make some big plays, but really the secondary is the weakness of our defense. we have given up a lot of yards but its more of that bend dont break, and we also have been getting more turnovers.

well this should be a good game both teams need the win pretty badly. for some reason i see a lot of penalties in this game, maybe more turnovers too.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

detroit vs minnesota

I done quite see the Lions hanging with us at the dome, our team is very pissed and determined to get back on the road. Unless we really shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we will win. Our defense has played decent against sh*ty offenses. We need to control Drumend (we should have EJ do that, if you remember what happened last year), we cant let him have a impact on the game.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

detroit vs minnesota

I see the Viking offense finally getting back into synch...they worked out all of the kinks the last two weeks and are due for an explosive outing...the Viking defense is starting to gain some confidence and should continue to improve (especially against the very mediocre Lions offense). If the Vikes can play mistake free football, this game will end up in the win column.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

detroit vs minnesota

If Cortez is kicking,
    Kick it out of bounds

The offense is going to Roll. We haven't seen the Roll from Skolpepper in awhile, it is time for him to break it out for us.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

detroit vs minnesota

Thanks for the insight on the Lions, Silvermane. Can't say we've seen that much of them, except the early game this last Sunday..., You're right Harrington looked terrible. Kevin Jones looks like a beast to bring down though. I only saw a few minutes of the game so I'll just have to take your word on him hitting holes slow.

It's unfortunate for us, but I'll look for you guys to have two more special teams returns for TD's..., our coverage sucks..., our kickoffs land around the 30, and our punter can't average much over 30-35 yards. I think our special teams have overtaken the defense as our achilles heal.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

detroit vs minnesota

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I done quite see the Lions hanging with us at the dome
    i don't quite see the lions hanging with you at ford field either.

detroit vs minnesota

"SKOL" wrote:
    Thanks for the insight on the Lions, Silvermane. Can't say we've seen that much of them, except the early game this last Sunday..., You're right Harrington looked terrible. Kevin Jones looks like a beast to bring down though. I only saw a few minutes of the game so I'll just have to take your word on him hitting holes slow.

It's unfortunate for us, but I'll look for you guys to have two more special teams returns for TD's..., our coverage sucks..., our kickoffs land around the 30, and our punter can't average much over 30-35 yards. I think our special teams have overtaken the defense as our achilles heal.
    jones does break tackles and he did do a better job this weekend. his 81 yards rushing is the highest game total for a lions running back this year. no i'm not kidding! but i have more patience than most people do though because unlike the other rooks like perry, jackson, moore, etc. he does not have an elite or even solid veteran to step in behind...and there are higher expectations of him than of those other guys.

as for the rest it will shock me if our offense manages to outscore our defense/special teams. we will probably need two kick returns for TDs just to stay in the game.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

detroit vs minnesota

first of all silvermane thank you for having some class and not right off the bat talking a bunch of crap. i was looking at the lions record and the lions still are not playing well on the road. they have played some teams with supposed good defenses and the ones played at home you won(atl,nyg,chi.) and the ones that you played on the road youve lost(dal,wash,jax). Vikes D plays much better at home and of course the rest of the team.
    this will be a wild game with alot of crazy stuff and lets hope that the players decide the outcome of the game no matter what it is, of course i have to say the Vikes will get the win.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

detroit vs minnesota

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I done quite see the Lions hanging with us at the dome, our team is very pissed and determined to get back on the road. Unless we really shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we will win. Our defense has played decent against sh*ty offenses. We need to control Drumend (we should have EJ do that, if you remember what happened last year), we cant let him have a impact on the game.
    I don't know about that. Usually, the NFCN plays very tight games. They know each other to well. I believe the Vikes win but it will be 7 or less points.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

detroit vs minnesota

Silvermane, I heard this morning on the Radio that the Lions are considering splitting time between Harrington and Mike McMahon for the Vikes game. Have you heard this? It's a long time coming, I guess..., and it's probably the only way you guys have a chance at winning, since they both have such different styles of play, the Vikes may have a hard time defensing that. Recently the Vikes have not responded well defensively to a change at quarterback during the game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast