Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Detroit games show Favre’s progress

"cue180" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:
    Been coming to the forums for months but decided to register to post on this subject.
    I am a bandwagon Favre fan since I am from MS & followed his career while in college.
    I have been saying since the second game of the season this year that Favre looks so at home with the Vikings in the system they run. I watched every Jets game last year & he never looked comfortable in their offense.
    He had a few good games, but even in those first 11 weeks before the injury, I still was not convinced that he truly had it anymore.
    It is like night & day from the way he is playing with the Vikes.

Any way, I enjoy reading all the posts.
    Go Vikes!
    My only dilemma now is that I am a huge Saints fan also & I think there might be a match up between the 2 later in the year...hopefully it will be the NFC Championship game.
    Great post.
    I think Favre is far more comfortable here. It's the system he is used to and he came on his own terms and not because he only had 1 option. It doesn't look to me like Favre is thinking much at all, just reacting. I've never seen a QB make it look as easy as he's making it look.

You do need to pick a side though. The Vikings are heading to a superbowl, get on board or get out the way.
    I still have a few more weeks to choose...I just hope they both keep winning.
    I am sure all you Vikes hope the Saints drop a couple along the way.
    Don't become a Vikes bandwagon fan just because Favre is here.
    If you've been a Saints fan all these years you stick to your allegiance.
    Wait until the Vikings beat the Saints...then hop on the wagon!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cue180" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:
    Been coming to the forums for months but decided to register to post on this subject.
    I am a bandwagon Favre fan since I am from MS & followed his career while in college.
    I have been saying since the second game of the season this year that Favre looks so at home with the Vikings in the system they run. I watched every Jets game last year & he never looked comfortable in their offense.
    He had a few good games, but even in those first 11 weeks before the injury, I still was not convinced that he truly had it anymore.

Go Vikes!
    My only dilemma now is that I am a huge Saints fan also & I think there might be a match up between the 2 later in the year...hopefully it will be the NFC Championship game.
    Great post.
    I think Favre is far more comfortable here. It's the system he is used to and he came on his own terms and not because he only had 1 option. It doesn't look to me like Favre is thinking much at all, just reacting. I've never seen a QB make it look as easy as he's making it look.

You do need to pick a side though. The Vikings are heading to a superbowl, get on board or get out the way.
    I really like the Saints, hope they do well this year.

If the Vikings struggle down the road and miss the playoffs, I'll definitely be pulling for the Saints.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cue180 is offline Waterboy

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:

Go Vikes!
    Great post.

Don't become a Vikes bandwagon fan just because Favre is here.
    If you've been a Saints fan all these years you stick to your allegiance.
    Wait until the Vikings beat the Saints...then hop on the wagon!
    Already a Vikes fan because Favre is there, but I will be really torn come a head to head match up in the playoffs.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cue180" wrote:

Go Vikes!
    Great post.

I really like the Saints, hope they do well this year.

If the Vikings struggle down the road and miss the playoffs, I'll definitely be pulling for the Saints.
    Agreed.
    I have no hate for the Saints.
    Tough to hate on fellow teams who haven't really done squat.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54229.msg1018079#msg1018079 date=1258484198]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54229.msg1018076#msg1018076 date=1258484063]
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=54229.msg1018070#msg1018070 date=1258482590]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54229.msg1018053#msg1018053 date=1258479693]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=54229.msg1018051#msg1018051 date=1258479536]
    this is what happens when you give favre a solid running game and a pretty good recieving corps and when he knows the system.

last year was just a mess for favre. if you heard him speak he said he didnt even know what the plays were and he would just wing them. plus it doesnt help playing with a torn shoulder and mangini as your head coach. oh and the madden curse.

so it looks like everyone should be happy about the addition of favre since he has us at a 8-1 record
    Lets not forget that he played pretty good in a different system until the arm gave out.
    Honestly, I watch a lot of Jets games... I don't think he played that well though the stats tell a different story.
    I think a lot of it was a fluke... it simply took probability a few weeks ot catch up with him and luckily he had the cop out of his shoulder.
    The classic example was in like the 2nd game of the year where he just completely threw the ball up in the air into the middle of the field.
    Somehow a receiver was able to find the ball in the air before any of the like 4 defenders in the area, come back 10 yards and catch it, and manage to score.
    It was a complete prayer but he was still a blessed one at the time.

This year he hasn't been taking nearly as many risks.
    You can probably count on 1 hand the number of times he has thrown into double coverage deep (I still don't like the TD he threw to Harvin in triple coverage).
    [size=10pt]He is throwing it deep much more lately[/size] and as long as that continues to be 1 on 1 match ups I'm fine but I really hope he can reel it back in if the D does start to keep the safety back.
    At some point the D's are
    going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.
    Do you think that the Chiller is making him do it?
    Kindof to force the D's hand a bit?
    The one to Harvin had the "Bowling Pins" around him.
    Definately not an advisable throw and seems to be a bit out of his "New" character.
    I don't, I think he's just becoming more comfortable in the system and trusting his receivers.
    First few weeks, he didn't throw deep, as he wasn't on the same page, and he didn't know where his guys would be.
    now, they've been together a few months, and they are very lethal.
    Some will say that Favre is as in sync as he's going to be, but I disagree.
    I think he'll continue getting better with the receivers, and we have yet to see the true potential of this offense.
    Good points.
    Problem for me is that I think they should have been in synch weeks ago.
    Not buying that one anymore.
    There are other reasons for the increase (albeit slight).

You all know that as much as I fight it, in my the dark recesses of my mind, "Deep + #4 = INT (aka Gunslinger)".

I still am of a mind that we are seeing him go "Deep" a bit more at the behest of the staff.
    At least thats what I want to believe.
    ;D
    [/quote]

he is in sync, but I think he'll stil improve.
    There's always room to improve.
    I don't blame bad throws on him not being in sync, as your right, at this point its not an excuse.
    [size=10pt]However, I see the chemistry with Berrian improving still to this day.
    [/size]
    he missed preseason and a couple games, and its hard to get on the same page when you can't practice together often.
    If he can get comfortable with berrian like he has Rice and Harvin, this offense could be astounding.
    [/quote]
    Excellent point on BB.
    I keep forgetting he is behind he curve in reps.
    Still, all in all, I think the issues BB is having has more to do with what routes he is being asked to run.

I have no data to back it up, but the passes he seems to drop are the ones that are in traffic/middle of the field/short.

As I said earlier.
    I am going to pay more attention to his drops in an effort to verify that assumption.
    :
    [/quote]

yes and no.
    I've seen Berrian drop some easy catches, but they usually do seem to be on crossing routes.
    Send him on a 9 or a post, and he seems to come down with the ball.
    He's a burner, a deep threat, and we're using him as a posession receiver.
    [size=10pt]Somewhat funny though, we're using our slow receiver (rice) as the deep guy, and our burner as a posession guy.[/size]
    Its working for Rice, but not for Berrian.

[/quote]
    I was thinking the very same thing when I was researching this today.
    ;D
    [/quote]

I guess that makes 3 of us. ;D

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54229.msg1018085#msg1018085 date=1258484745]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54229.msg1018079#msg1018079 date=1258484198]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54229.msg1018076#msg1018076 date=1258484063]
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=54229.msg1018070#msg1018070 date=1258482590]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54229.msg1018053#msg1018053 date=1258479693]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=54229.msg1018051#msg1018051 date=1258479536]
    this is what happens when you give favre a solid running game and a pretty good recieving corps and when he knows the system.

last year was just a mess for favre. if you heard him speak he said he didnt even know what the plays were and he would just wing them. plus it doesnt help playing with a torn shoulder and mangini as your head coach. oh and the madden curse.

so it looks like everyone should be happy about the addition of favre since he has us at a 8-1 record
    Lets not forget that he played pretty good in a different system until the arm gave out.
    Honestly, I watch a lot of Jets games... I don't think he played that well though the stats tell a different story.
    I think a lot of it was a fluke... it simply took probability a few weeks ot catch up with him and luckily he had the cop out of his shoulder.
    The classic example was in like the 2nd game of the year where he just completely threw the ball up in the air into the middle of the field.
    Somehow a receiver was able to find the ball in the air before any of the like 4 defenders in the area, come back 10 yards and catch it, and manage to score.
    It was a complete prayer but he was still a blessed one at the time.

This year he hasn't been taking nearly as many risks.
    You can probably count on 1 hand the number of times he has thrown into double coverage deep (I still don't like the TD he threw to Harvin in triple coverage).
    [size=10pt]He is throwing it deep much more lately[/size] and as long as that continues to be 1 on 1 match ups I'm fine but I really hope he can reel it back in if the D does start to keep the safety back.
    At some point the D's are
    going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.
    Do you think that the Chiller is making him do it?
    Kindof to force the D's hand a bit?
    The one to Harvin had the "Bowling Pins" around him.

Definately not an advisable throw and seems to be a bit out of his "New" character.
    I don't, I think he's just becoming more comfortable in the system and trusting his receivers.
    First few weeks, he didn't throw deep, as he wasn't on the same page, and he didn't know where his guys would be.
    now, they've been together a few months, and they are very lethal.
    Some will say that Favre is as in sync as he's going to be, but I disagree.
    I think he'll continue getting better with the receivers, and we have yet to see the true potential of this offense.
    Good points.
    Problem for me is that I think they should have been in synch weeks ago.
    Not buying that one anymore.
    There are other reasons for the increase (albeit slight).

You all know that as much as I fight it, in my the dark recesses of my mind, "Deep + #4 = INT (aka Gunslinger)".

I still am of a mind that we are seeing him go "Deep" a bit more at the behest of the staff.
    At least thats what I want to believe.

;D
    [/quote]

he is in sync, but I think he'll stil improve.
    There's always room to improve.
    I don't blame bad throws on him not being in sync, as your right, at this point its not an excuse.
    [size=10pt]However, I see the chemistry with Berrian improving still to this day.
    [/size]
    he missed preseason and a couple games, and its hard to get on the same page when you can't practice together often.
    If he can get comfortable with berrian like he has Rice and Harvin, this offense could be astounding.
    [/quote]
    Excellent point on BB.
    I keep forgetting he is behind he curve in reps.
    Still, all in all, I think the issues BB is having has more to do with what routes he is being asked to run.

I have no data to back it up, but the passes he seems to drop are the ones that are in traffic/middle of the field/short.

As I said earlier.
    I am going to pay more attention to his drops in an effort to verify that assumption.

:
    [/quote]

yes and no.
    I've seen Berrian drop some easy catches, but they usually do seem to be on crossing routes.
    Send him on a 9 or a post, and he seems to come down with the ball.

He's a burner, a deep threat, and we're using him as a posession receiver.
    [size=10pt]Somewhat funny though, we're using our slow receiver (rice) as the deep guy, and our burner as a posession guy.[/size]
    Its working for Rice, but not for Berrian.

[/quote]
    I was thinking the very same thing when I was researching this today.
    ;D
    [/quote]

I guess that makes 3 of us. ;D
    [/quote]

;D
    But if it's working I won't complain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123