Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Detroit games show Favre’s progress

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Detroit games show Favre’s progress

Can you imagine come playoff time?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    I can... Favre throwing lasers to harvin, bombs to rice, and peterson keeping defenses honest.... I came

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I can... Favre throwing lasers to harvin, bombs to rice, and peterson keeping defenses honest.... I came
    Lets not forget that typically the Defenses are better in playoff games.
    Lets hope all facets keep getting better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

this is what happens when you give favre a solid running game and a pretty good recieving corps and when he knows the system.

last year was just a mess for favre. if you heard him speak he said he didnt even know what the plays were and he would just wing them. plus it doesnt help playing with a torn shoulder and mangini as your head coach. oh and the madden curse.

so it looks like everyone should be happy about the addition of favre since he has us at a 8-1 record

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    this is what happens when you give favre a solid running game and a pretty good recieving corps and when he knows the system.

last year was just a mess for favre. if you heard him speak he said he didnt even know what the plays were and he would just wing them. plus it doesnt help playing with a torn shoulder and mangini as your head coach. oh and the madden curse.

so it looks like everyone should be happy about the addition of favre since he has us at a 8-1 record
    Lets not forget that he played pretty good in a different system until the arm gave out.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Lets not forget that he played pretty good in a different system until the arm gave out.
    Honestly, I watch a lot of Jets games... I don't think he played that well though the stats tell a different story.
    I think a lot of it was a fluke... it simply took probability a few weeks ot catch up with him and luckily he had the cop out of his shoulder.
    The classic example was in like the 2nd game of the year where he just completely threw the ball up in the air into the middle of the field.
    Somehow a receiver was able to find the ball in the air before any of the like 4 defenders in the area, come back 10 yards and catch it, and manage to score.
    It was a complete prayer but he was still a blessed one at the time.

This year he hasn't been taking nearly as many risks.
    You can probably count on 1 hand the number of times he has thrown into double coverage deep (I still don't like the TD he threw to Harvin in triple coverage).
    He is throwing it deep much more lately and as long as that continues to be 1 on 1 match ups I'm fine but I really hope he can reel it back in if the D does start to keep the safety back.
    At some point the D's are going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Honestly, I watch a lot of Jets games... I don't think he played that well though the stats tell a different story.
    I think a lot of it was a fluke... it simply took probability a few weeks ot catch up with him and luckily he had the cop out of his shoulder.
    The classic example was in like the 2nd game of the year where he just completely threw the ball up in the air into the middle of the field.
    Somehow a receiver was able to find the ball in the air before any of the like 4 defenders in the area, come back 10 yards and catch it, and manage to score.

You can probably count on 1 hand the number of times he has thrown into double coverage deep (I still don't like the TD he threw to Harvin in triple coverage).
    [size=10pt]He is throwing it deep much more lately[/size] and as long as that continues to be 1 on 1 match ups I'm fine but I really hope he can reel it back in if the D does start to keep the safety back.
    At some point the D's are going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.
    Do you think that the Chiller is making him do it?
    Kindof to force the D's hand a bit?
    The one to Harvin had the "Bowling Pins" around him.
    Definately not an advisable throw and seems to be a bit out of his "New" character.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

[size=10pt]He is throwing it deep much more lately[/size] and as long as that continues to be 1 on 1 match ups I'm fine but I really hope he can reel it back in if the D does start to keep the safety back.
    At some point the D's are
    going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.

Definately not an advisable throw and seems to be a bit out of his "New" character.
    I don't, I think he's just becoming more comfortable in the system and trusting his receivers.
    First few weeks, he didn't throw deep, as he wasn't on the same page, and he didn't know where his guys would be.
    now, they've been together a few months, and they are very lethal.
    Some will say that Favre is as in sync as he's going to be, but I disagree.
    I think he'll continue getting better with the receivers, and we have yet to see the true potential of this offense.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

At some point the D's are
    going to have to start game planning to stop more than just AD and I really hope our O adjusts to the "take what the D" gives us and start feeding AD the rock instead of throwing 35 times a game.

I don't, I think he's just becoming more comfortable in the system and trusting his receivers.
    First few weeks, he didn't throw deep, as he wasn't on the same page, and he didn't know where his guys would be.
    now, they've been together a few months, and they are very lethal.
    Some will say that Favre is as in sync as he's going to be, but I disagree.
    I think he'll continue getting better with the receivers, and we have yet to see the true potential of this offense.
    Good points.
    Problem for me is that I think they should have been in synch weeks ago.
    Not buying that one anymore.
    There are other reasons for the increase (albeit slight).

You all know that as much as I fight it, in my the dark recesses of my mind, "Deep + #4 = INT (aka Gunslinger)".

I still am of a mind that we are seeing him go "Deep" a bit more at the behest of the staff.
    At least thats what I want to believe.
    ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast