Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Detmer released and CB Ronyell Whitaker re-signed

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Detmer released, Bollinger expected to start[/size]

Pleased with the health of their quarterbacks, the Vikings released Koy Detmer and re-signed CB Ronyell Whitaker.

Brooks Bollinger is fully healthy, and he is expected to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

It will be his first start this season after two solid performances off the bench

Tarvaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb are both questionable.

Thanks for the Info singersp.....You are always giving us great input and great information!

As for Brooks. I am not trying to BANDWAGON here about a number 3 rated guy.....but I think once a while (Rare) a player will only show his best stuff when a career opportunity to shine comes along....which it has for BB. I admit I am still skeptical about him....but I also recognize and appreciate his performing above MY expectations so far.
    Bollinger had that chance in New york but he performed little to nothing....
    I think many of us are skeptical any time a mediocre player comes in here. The QB spot being no different.
    We need to ba a little more patient & give the player ample time to settle in & show what he's got.

One or two games is not enough to judge a player who is still learning the system.
    No but neither can you say he should start next season, or be the starter for the rest of the season..
    i'm judging him on what he has performed until now, is that the 2 games he came in or the 2-7 record he had with NYJ, i'm not sold on the guy. doesn't take away the fact that he has performed good but i'd rather see someone else
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Pleased with the health of their quarterbacks, the Vikings released Koy Detmer and re-signed CB Ronyell Whitaker.

Brooks Bollinger is fully healthy, and he is expected to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

It will be his first start this season after two solid performances off the bench

Thanks for the Info singersp.....You are always giving us great input and great information!

As for Brooks. I am not trying to BANDWAGON here about a number 3 rated guy.....but I think once a while (Rare) a player will only show his best stuff when a career opportunity to shine comes along....which it has for BB. I admit I am still skeptical about him....but I also recognize and appreciate his performing above MY expectations so far.
    Bollinger had that chance in New york but he performed little to nothing....

OK.....That was then this is now....What has he done....been doing when called upon for us??

Please tell me that you can be fair in evaluating performance enough to give the guy a little credit.

Cheers!
    He's done more than Holcomb has & given he is our only other choice for Sundays game, Bollinger gives us the best chance to win. I guess that means you want Holcomb to start.

He also has the best stats of any of our QB's. Take a look;

http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/statistics?team=MIN

0 interceptions so far as well. Other than the one fumbled snap he had, he has been protecting the ball.

Keeping the ball in our hands means more opportunities on offense, which means more carries for AD.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I want TJ to be starting, but he's not able due to injury.
    what i want is to have a balanced Qb who is steady and still can play out a game, is that Bollinger or Holcomb i don't really care. as you said Bollinger' stats are better well if he is playing better give him the starting role but you are crazy to let him start whole season.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I am throughly convinced he is playing better than Holcomb has.

In a way....I am glad BB is starting against GB because it will give me another opportunity to evaluate him better. Also because I feel he has EARNED the chance to start with his PLAY thus far.

I am glad Ty Detmer was released. I don't know much about Ronyell Whitaker ?? Hope he plays well if called upon.

Cheers!

i thought it was KOY DETMER??? idk maybe im wrong
    our only sure-handed receiver

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"sharper42" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I am throughly convinced he is playing better than Holcomb has.

In a way....I am glad BB is starting against GB because it will give me another opportunity to evaluate him better. Also because I feel he has EARNED the chance to start with his PLAY thus far.

I am glad Ty Detmer was released. I don't know much about Ronyell Whitaker ?? Hope he plays well if called upon.

Cheers!

i thought it was KOY DETMER??? idk maybe im wrong
    it is koy detmer not ty

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Back to the Bollinger thing and new york, being a bit of a Jets-fan(they are my #2 team in the league - but nothing compares to the Vikes), i saw alot of the games in the Jets 4-12 season when Bollinger started and he just didnt have a chance, that offensive linie was a disaster and he had no time the make decisions, with that said he still managed to only throw 6 interceptions and 7 touchdowns..

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=NYJ&lg=nfl&yr=2005

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"Freya" wrote:
    Good. Put Griffin on notice.
    What? Griffin was a stud the past 2 games.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

So when is Childress and Jackson going to get married?

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    In my world, Henderson is a stud. Griffin isn't there yet.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Freya" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    In my world, Henderson is a stud. Griffin isn't there yet.
    Glad to know I'm with good company.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast