Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Detmer released: A costly insurance policy - Whitaker re-signed

[size=13pt]Detmer released, Bollinger expected to start[/size]

Pleased with the health of their quarterbacks, the Vikings released Koy Detmer and re-signed CB Ronyell Whitaker.

Brooks Bollinger is fully healthy, and he is expected to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

It will be his first start this season after two solid performances off the bench.

Tarvaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb are both questionable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Re: Detmer released and CB Ronyell Whitaker re-signed

rofl

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

So much Childress trolling for nothing

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:

Pleased with the health of their quarterbacks, the Vikings released Koy Detmer and re-signed CB Ronyell Whitaker.

Brooks Bollinger is fully healthy, and he is expected to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

It will be his first start this season after two solid performances off the bench

Thanks for the Info singersp.....You are always giving us great input and great information!

As for Brooks. I am not trying to BANDWAGON here about a number 3 rated guy.....but I think once a while (Rare) a player will only show his best stuff when a career opportunity to shine comes along....which it has for BB. I admit I am still skeptical about him....but I also recognize and appreciate his performing above MY expectations so far.

I am throughly convinced he is playing better than Holcomb has.

In a way....I am glad BB is starting against GB because it will give me another opportunity to evaluate him better. Also because I feel he has EARNED the chance to start with his PLAY thus far.

I am glad Ty Detmer was released. I don't know much about Ronyell Whitaker ?? Hope he plays well if called upon.

Cheers!

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

C'mon on Chilly, you had Whitiker off the team. You were doing so well.

Was the talent pool that lean out there that you had to resign Whitaker?

You could have at least looked at an O-Lineman.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Good. Put Griffin on notice.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Freya" wrote:
    Good. Put Griffin on notice.
    Griffin was all over the field last Sunday. Didn't you see him jump at put his hands on his hips 15 times? That means he's kickin ass.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

It will be his first start this season after two solid performances off the bench

Thanks for the Info singersp.....You are always giving us great input and great information!

As for Brooks. I am not trying to BANDWAGON here about a number 3 rated guy.....but I think once a while (Rare) a player will only show his best stuff when a career opportunity to shine comes along....which it has for BB. I admit I am still skeptical about him....but I also recognize and appreciate his performing above MY expectations so far.
    Bollinger had that chance in New york but he performed little to nothing....
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I think many of us are skeptical any time a mediocre player comes in here. The QB spot being no different.
    We need to ba a little more patient & give the player ample time to settle in & show what he's got.

One or two games is not enough to judge a player who is still learning the system.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

OK.....That was then this is now....What has he done....been doing when called upon for us??

Please tell me that you can be fair in evaluating performance enough to give the guy a little credit.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast