Derek Ross

We just signed him...any thoughts???

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Derek Ross

could be good could be bad
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross

r u serious, this is kinda good kinda bad i dont know what to think hes a good cover man, and a decent tackler, I have mixed thoughts about this he has had some character issues hope he can grow out of it.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Derek Ross

Who is he? Did he go to Ohio State?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Derek Ross

Well i'll be damn its true, I kind of like this, the guy has skills he just needs to get his career back on track. He needs to grow up and see that this is the real deal, theres no more screwing around. He was a projected 1st rounder the year mckinnie and B williams were drafted slipped to the third round where the Cowboys picked him up. He play well posting 57 tackles and 5 INT's, then missed a walk through practice or team sprint (one of those) and hard a$$ parcells realesed him. The falcons picked him up in that december and he proceeded to stay with the team last year, not having such a good season. This year the saints picked him up off of waivers and he didnt show on his plane so they cut him and now hes with us.

The fact is hes better then any of our backups after Irvin, he may do some things better than Irvin but i like kenny hes a solid cover man and quick. He should make the team and hopefully he will stay focused on his job and his oportunity for a new career.

Derek Ross

Yes he went to ohio state, on my earlier post i explained what i know about him. I researched him as soon as the saints released him.

Derek Ross

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Yes he went to ohio state, on my earlier post i explained what i know about him. I researched him as soon as the saints released him.
    Ross was playing very, very well especially i the 2nd half of his rookie season

BUt his off the field stuff caught up to him

Right before Ross got released, he skipped out on a mandatory Chrismas Children's Hospital visit...then to top it off Parcells had the team do some extra running after a certain practice somehwere mi last season

Ross' response to Parcells?..."No thanks..Im in good enough shape"

Ross was also released due to his negative effect on Antonio Bryant

Like I stated in the prediction thread...you guys sure are picking up some gems when it comes to character