Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derek Ross??

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross??

I guess he played on the last series of the scrimage in Blaine so thats good at least hes on the field. Some reports made it sound like he was hurt right now and he couldnt play. Well i'm curious to see him in action it cant get any worse than what we have for back ups. We will proly get a good look at him agains the 49ers this weekend.

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

Derek Ross??

keep him out of trouble and ross is gonna b a perfect backup or even a replacement for b. williams

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross??

Are you serious? This guy is not going to do anything to supplant Brian Williams.In his case I think we are lucky if when he plays, he manages to stay out of trouble.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross??

Yeah theres no taking over B Williams spot but eventually maybe maybe Irvins if he isnt on the team much longer, but for now he serves as somebody with talent and maybe not menatlly stable, hopefully he can get his self together. I think he will probably make the team as the 5th CB.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Derek Ross??

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Hmmmm... Tons of raw talent, possible trick knee, and an attitude. Should be interesting... :?:
    hey da man is back , so when did you finally find the door to get back on here? :lol:
    Peter my friend! Good to see you're alive and kicking across the pond! Which game are you coming over to see this year? I'm flying into Mpls for the Sept 26th Chicago game. If you come, I'll be you many pints of COLD American beer! Skol Vikings!

PS Don't forget to piss off the Frogs :thumbright:
    I'm still alive and kicking and ready for kickoff ..... won't be in town for the Bears game but will be flying in for the Titans game in October. So if you're watching on TV then look for the Flag of St. George in one corner of the Dome !! :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Derek Ross??

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Hmmmm... Tons of raw talent, possible trick knee, and an attitude. Should be interesting... :?:
    hey da man is back , so when did you finally find the door to get back on here? :lol:
    Peter my friend! Good to see you're alive and kicking across the pond! Which game are you coming over to see this year? I'm flying into Mpls for the Sept 26th Chicago game. If you come, I'll be you many pints of COLD American beer! Skol Vikings!

PS Don't forget to piss off the Frogs :thumbright:
    I'm still alive and kicking and ready for kickoff ..... won't be in town for the Bears game but will be flying in for the Titans game in October. So if you're watching on TV then look for the Flag of St. George in one corner of the Dome !! :cheers:
    Hey anglo i saw a couple of times on t.v the english flag and this guy with a lot of cool viking memoribilia. Was that you??? I couldn't remember what game it was but i swear i think i saw it during the 98 season. It could have been another season but i saw an englishmen with his english flag having the best endzone seats you could get.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Derek Ross??

Winfield is helping Ross so maybe that will help him

Antoine Winfield has taken on an added responsibility in his first season with the Vikings: help former Ohio State teammate and fellow cornerback Derek Ross get his NFL career back on track.

Winfield got right to it Wednesday morning by pulling aside the enigmatic Ross after a position meeting.

Ross said Winfield told him: "It's now or never, so take full advantage of it. You don't want to be getting that release (tag) behind your name."

Ross is carrying that label after Atlanta and New Orleans waived him in the past week. The Vikings claimed him on waivers Monday to add depth in the secondary. Selected by Dallas in the third round of the 2002 draft, Ross has struggled to remain in the NFL since the Cowboys waived him in December.

That came after Ross and hard-driving coach Bill Parcells butted heads. Parcells believed that Ross wasn't toughing through an injury. That is thought to be why Atlanta also waived Ross, who missed a week of practice with knee tendinitis. New Orleans rescinded its waiver claim when Ross missed a flight to join the team.

But Winfield views this as a new beginning for Ross, who showed promise as a rookie by intercepting five passes in nine starts.

Winfield, who played one season with Ross at Ohio State, said that when coach Mike Tice asked about Ross, he told Tice: "Just bring him up here. I'll work with him. If he wants me to study film with him, I'll definitely stay late. I've got an extra bedroom if he needs a place to stay.

"I hear about the things that happened in Atlanta and New Orleans, and everybody's trying to give him a bad rap. I don't see him like that. He's a good player and a good guy, and I hope he'll show some people that he can play."

Ross said Winfield was always willing to help the younger players at Ohio State. And Ross is willing to listen to the two-time All-American again.

"I think it's a perfect fit," Ross said. "Just being with a guy who played with me ##0133;## that's what I need."
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Derek Ross??

Hey anglo i saw a couple of times on t.v the english flag and this guy with a lot of cool viking memoribilia. Was that you??? I couldn't remember what game it was but i swear i think i saw it during the 98 season. It could have been another season but i saw an englishmen with his english flag having the best endzone seats you could get.
    No that wasn't me, my first trip to the Dome was in 2000. I know of the guy you mean and think he used to go under the moniker of 'Limey Vike' on the old Viking Underground site. He was a friend of Mr C.O.D and company. I usually get seats around the goal line and the opposite side to where the Vikes come out into Dome. I'll have the Flag of St. George (red cross on white background) with me so thats where I'll be if the TV cameras point my way.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Derek Ross??

"AngloVike" wrote:
    No that wasn't me, my first trip to the Dome was in 2000. I know of the guy you mean and think he used to go under the moniker of 'Limey Vike' on the old Viking Underground site. He was a friend of Mr C.O.D and company. I usually get seats around the goal line and the opposite side to where the Vikes come out into Dome. I'll have the Flag of St. George (red cross on white background) with me so thats where I'll be if the TV cameras point my way.
    O, ok ill go look for you if the cameras point your way. Just make sure you have your flag visible.

BTW who is C.O.D??
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Derek Ross??

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    Winfield is helping Ross so maybe that will help him

Antoine Winfield has taken on an added responsibility in his first season with the Vikings: help former Ohio State teammate and fellow cornerback Derek Ross get his NFL career back on track.

Winfield got right to it Wednesday morning by pulling aside the enigmatic Ross after a position meeting.

Ross said Winfield told him: "It's now or never, so take full advantage of it. You don't want to be getting that release (tag) behind your name."

Ross is carrying that label after Atlanta and New Orleans waived him in the past week. The Vikings claimed him on waivers Monday to add depth in the secondary. Selected by Dallas in the third round of the 2002 draft, Ross has struggled to remain in the NFL since the Cowboys waived him in December.

That came after Ross and hard-driving coach Bill Parcells butted heads. Parcells believed that Ross wasn't toughing through an injury. That is thought to be why Atlanta also waived Ross, who missed a week of practice with knee tendinitis. New Orleans rescinded its waiver claim when Ross missed a flight to join the team.

But Winfield views this as a new beginning for Ross, who showed promise as a rookie by intercepting five passes in nine starts.

Winfield, who played one season with Ross at Ohio State, said that when coach Mike Tice asked about Ross, he told Tice: "Just bring him up here. I'll work with him. If he wants me to study film with him, I'll definitely stay late. I've got an extra bedroom if he needs a place to stay.

"I hear about the things that happened in Atlanta and New Orleans, and everybody's trying to give him a bad rap. I don't see him like that. He's a good player and a good guy, and I hope he'll show some people that he can play."

Ross said Winfield was always willing to help the younger players at Ohio State. And Ross is willing to listen to the two-time All-American again.

"I think it's a perfect fit," Ross said. "Just being with a guy who played with me ##0133;## that's what I need."

Man that is great :thumbright: winfield is getting better the more you hear about this guy :thumbleft: my hats off to him SKOL
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast