Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Depth chart opening day on offense

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    Aren't we being a little overly down on Russell, especially for his first year at FS? The guy had 78 tackles last season, and that's two short of Lynch's best. He also had nine interceptions last year, which Lynch never even came close to. Chavous was probably more consistent, but he's also been in the league and starting longer than two years. I can understand Tice questioning his commitment in the offseason, but you can't question the numbers.
    Sure you can. He didn't create a lot of those interceptions - pressure at the line and Chavous created them for him. If he pulls it again this year, I'll give him credit. As for now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Do not forget that Russel was one of only a few who played the entire season at his position without any downtime. That should count for something.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

I like Russell but his cover skill are not impressive.
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

in my evaluation, i wasn't discounting rssells ability, just his commitment. nearly all the other players on the team are busting their @sses right now, and russell is not one of them. while i like his play, he is one of the wealer points in our defense and should be one of the first guys at offseason training every day. all i'm saying is that tice doesn't take kindly to guys that loaf, and he'll do what he has to to make his point.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Sure you can. He didn't create a lot of those interceptions - pressure at the line and Chavous created them for him. If he pulls it again this year, I'll give him credit. As for now...
    I don't really understand that arguement. If we were getting such good pressure at the line, why do we even need BKU? And just how does Chavous create interceptions that he doesn't get?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

analyzing why a guy gets his stats is meaningless. weather he gets them from being where he's supposed to be, or purely by luck, i don't care. he gets them, and that's what matters. if it's just by luck, we could sure use some more of it on our team
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

no way russle doesn't start opening day

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"amavikesfan" wrote:
    in my evaluation, i wasn't discounting rssells ability, just his commitment. nearly all the other players on the team are busting their @sses right now, and russell is not one of them. while i like his play, he is one of the wealer points in our defense and should be one of the first guys at offseason training every day. all i'm saying is that tice doesn't take kindly to guys that loaf, and he'll do what he has to to make his point.

Do you know where russell is right now, and what he is doing? Russell is still in college, taking classes. He has said he is gonna continue his schooling and graduate, and that is what he is doing. I am not gonna question his committment to the team, when he is earning a degree. He will be with the team, as soon as his classes are over. I don't think Tice cares that much, or he would have drafted a safety, to show russell that he was unhappy.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

We usually didnt have good pressure on the qb. Thats why we got bku. Chavous sometimes got picks on his own or by some pass rush by our inconsistent d-line.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12