Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Denny bidding for Culpepper

Watching NFL Countdown they mentioned that Denny might try to make an offseason trade to the Vikes for Culpepper. And since we'll have a whole lot of cap space again, they said house cleaning is a definate possibility, although Wilf also said Pep is likely not on the trading block.

Anyone else hear anything about this? If it's already in another thread I apologize.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Denny bidding for Culpepper

I actually just mentioned this in another thread. I did hear this. I think if Pep doesn't start playing like he should be, it's a possibility. They can draft a QB abd trade Pep for a good LB like Dansby. Who knows? I'd hate to see him go but if he stays playing foolishly something has to give. Let's face it, he has only had one year where he hasn't thrown a lot of INTs and fiumbled alot. I'm not trying to diss Pep but they are the facts.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

trading cpep would be horrible in that all of his future roster bonuses would be on next years cap, which is a lot!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

There is nobody on the Cardnals that would be any good for us and I think this would be a bad idea in the first place.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well still early days so, at the moment, I can't see the Vikes doing that - after all that would be two top players in their postion traded in successive offseasons ??
    Of course if Pep continues to struggle for the rest of the year then the possibility is there as his stock would drop. If this happened then would be interesting to see what AZ offered as it would have to be draft picks rather than players, as I can't see what players they would have to offer.
    Question then would be whether the Vikes go for a rookie QB in the draft or a veteran FA or set up a trade with another club.

I just hope talk this this on TV doesn't unsettle him anymore than he is now, course that could be DG's idea by floating the idea this early in the season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

zimtwister is offline Coach

good riddance! he has had his chance here. next!?
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

The only way that a trade for Pep is worthy, is if the Vikes got Fitz or Boldin.... but then who will Pep throw too there w/ no running game, and who would throw to one of those guys here?

Sure if trading Randy made us that much better, why not ditch Pep as well.....

vks wld is offline Rookie

I don't like it and I don't think they should trade him. No way.

I'm going to see if I can start something and say that I think the Vikes should try to get Denny back. How do you like me now? I don't think he ever should have left but until they want to invest in a Chucky, Tuna, or someone else of that caliber Denny would be just fine with me. That being said I'm not really a Tuna fan but c'mon. I'd love to see him come up here and whip the boys into shape. They need it.
    Packers!? We don t need no stinkin Packers!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

My dear god, cant the vikings QB have a ruff start and recover before people wanna trade him? IDK where your from but I dont quit on my players cuz their in a slump. The only way I would ever be "ok" with it is if they traded us boldin, thier first round, and denny green.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

NO, NO, NO, NO, AND NO.

We will be building our O-line for the future, then he will have a good O-line. Who will be our QB if we trade him? Brad Johnson? A rookie? McCown? Warner? Pep will get back into 04 shape.

I'm not saying it is completely the O-line's fault. Because sometimes he won't see open recievers, and sometimes he holds onto the ball way too long. But he is working with a crappy O-coordinator and a new QB coach. He will return to 04 shape next year when he gets used to Loney's O and our QB's coach techniques.

Trading Pep will be like the Walker trade. It will be stupid!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast