Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

Denard Walker Wants Out of Minny

I don't think we will get somethin well for Denard Walker. The leagues knows that we don't need him anymore. Vincent and a pick for Bates & Walker would be great. I agree with that. But I don't think this is going to happen. Maybe we get a 7th round pick for him, instead of releasing him.

But I have a question. How can we have a trade, if Troy Vicent is a Free agent? Is that even possible???

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

I think if the Vikings actually played him and tought him he would be great if we let him go he will be another to go to the superbowl and win it and then we would have to here how stupid tice and micombs were for trading them....

two words...

who cares?[xx(]
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Viking-Moss84 is offline Waterboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jmiller1

I think if the Vikings actually played him and tought him he would be great if we let him go he will be another to go to the superbowl and win it and then we would have to here how stupid tice and micombs were for trading them....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Denard Walker had his chances to prove to the Vikings that he's a reliable cornerback. However, he was a total bust and gave up way too many huge plays during the season, thus costing the Vikes a playoff spot! It's obvious his career is on the decline, as he was burned time and time again by opposing receivers. With the coverage skills that he flaunted this past season, he'd be very lucky to earn a starting position on a high school team! Tice and Red would not be considered stupid for getting rid of Walker, even if he bounces back and plays decent this coming season. Just like any other job, when you perform below expectations then you better be looking forward to a demotion. Walker does not fit in with the Vikings defence as a top CB, and if he's got a problem with that, then he better start packing his bags. I won't miss him!

[rip]
    A male Packer fan once told me:
    "Birth-control pills are useless...I ate 6 of them the other day but still got my sister pregnant!"

nat_devine is offline Training Camp

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Viking_Spirit

Leave and don't come back. He just is mad because he screwed our playoff hopes over. Let Denard do whatever the hell he wants, he sucks anyway.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My thoughts exactly!

Moss Deep is offline Rookie

<font color="purple">Let him go and get someone who wants to compete for the privilege of playing for the Vikings!</font id="purple">
    Yo quiero pancakes. Donnes-moi pancakes. Click-click-bloody-click pancakes!

pioneer press says the vikings are talking to tyrone carter to bring him back as a saftey
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

The only thing that really bothers me about Walker is the lack of fire to compete for a starting spot. While he was awful last year, it wasn't his fault alone we didn't make the playoffs! Hard to pin that on just one guy. But I would say release/trade if he doesn't want to work for it. Although I think we would be lucky to get a low round (5-7) for him.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12