Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Toss2Moss is offline Training Camp

Denard Walker Wants Out of Minny

I say let him go. He's just an Orlando Thomas clone anyways. Maybe there's a chance at getting a draft pick for him, who knows.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4654881.html
    Monday Night Massacre
    http://www.bballx.com/mosszone/10-5-98fifth_td.avi

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

If we were to try and trade him, it would be a 5th round pick at best. All other teams have to do is pull up the highlights from sportscenter last year on all the big plays he got torched on. He is a good corner, but the problem is, he thinks he is a great corner. If he is willing to take a paycut, let him stay and battle for a roster spot. Isn't it great knowing that decent corners now are going to have to battle for a roster spot on this team!!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

With the Vikings signing of a free agent back I say let Walker go even if he is just given his unconditional realease that will free up some more money and let the Vikings sign another FA. I really think his knick-name should be "toast" because he got burned so much last season.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

I agree with you. We do not need Denard Walker for our Defense. We should just cut him or get him involved in a trade package (with Bates??)

I don't think we will get a draft pick for Denard Walker. The other teams know, that his agent asked the Vikes to cut him. He is our dime back and everybody knows that. They will wait, til we cut him.
    I don't hink we are going in the next season with Denard walker, because is an overpaid CB, who has played a bad season.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dan3ski

With the Vikings signing of a free agent back I say let Walker go even if he is just given his unconditional realease that will free up some more money and let the Vikings sign another FA. I really think his knick-name should be "toast" because he got burned so much last season.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe that I read somewhere that the Vikings would take a $2M cap hit by releasing Walker. They could absorb that easily, but it wouldn't free up any money.

Walker was nothing short of a bust last season. He has no spot in the
    secondary on this team. Vikings need to deal with him by executing
    the least costly option.

Mossville is offline Starter

Its only fair to give the man his release. As bad as he was when he started, i think he would be a good dime back for the team though. It would be an expensive Dime back but if we cut him we still have to take a 2m cap hit. Actually, now that i think about it, give Eric Kelly the Dime back and take the $2m cap it (cutting doesnt mean that we get extra money to spend, just have absorb the hit which means that we have less to spend...not that we would spend the whole 33mil anyway)

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Leave and don't come back. He just is mad because he screwed our playoff hopes over. Let Denard do whatever the hell he wants, he sucks anyway.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Maybe the Cardinals would want him.....he played better for for them anyway[:O]

Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

This is what happens when you take someone from a terrible team. The guy has some trade value though. So i say look around and see what we can get for him. Vincent is still a free agent. Why not send walker and bates down there for him and a draft pick...hell, just vincent would be fine as long as i don't have to see walker get burned every Sunday!
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast