Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

DeMarcus Love, OT

Pass blocking: Good initial quickness off the snap, but possesses only moderate balance and agility in pass protection overall, making him likely to play right tackle or guard in the NFL. Doesn't gain enough depth with his kick-slide or possess the foot speed to handle NFL-level explosive speed off the edge. Possesses long arms and very strong hands, using them well to stun and control his opponent. When he gets his hands on the defender, he can usually ride them out of the play. Doesn't have elite balance or quickness, making him susceptible to counter moves to the inside. Good power and use of leverage. Keeps his butt down, providing the anchor to stop the bull rush. Has been a very productive pass blocker, but is protected by this scheme.

Run blocking: Good size and strength as a drive blocker. Strong hands and good placement to lock on to the defender. Plays with good leverage and has the leg drive to push the defender off the ball. Keeps his legs driving and has good awareness of when to abandon double-team and release to the second level. Only marginal balance to re-direct in space.

Pulling/trapping: Good initial quickness off the snap for the pull, but loses momentum quickly and struggles if he has to change direction. Generally a reliable trap blocker but struggles against quicker defensive tackles.

Initial Quickness: Lacks the initial quickness to remain at left tackle. Can be beaten around the corner with pure speed and is forced to compensate, leaning outside and leaving himself vulnerable to the counter. Quick enough to consider keeping him outside at right tackle.

Downfield: Shows some burst in his initial get-off and can surprise defenders getting to the second level. Struggles re-directing, however, looking like the proverbial bull in a china shop. Loses his balance too easily and is forced to lunge after the back-seven defender, resulting in some devastating blocks but also misses the target at times. Good effort. Flashes a nasty, no-prisoners demeanor. When he gets a hand on linebackers, isn't afraid to grab hold and pound him into the turf for an emphatic pancake.

Intangibles: A two-time team captain. Started 37 games for the Razorbacks in four seasons. Redshirted in 2006. Hasn't sustained a serious injury in his career and had already earned his degree (kinesiology) by the end of 2010.
    CBS
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: DeMarcus Love, OT

Will proberly end up at guard with this measurements..

I like versatile players on the offensive line though, good pick..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

I like this cat. CDS doesn't have him as a T, G or C so I will have to look for more.

In the end, looks like a RT, RG/LG kindof guy. Might add some nice depth to the line if he is better/can beat out Degeare.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

As I said yesterday, even though I was a bit miffed, I liked this pick. Here is some additional stuff I found on him........

Round 6, Pick 3 (168) (From Broncos through Browns) Demarcus Love OL 6'4" 315

"Biography: Three-year starter who's lined up at both tackle positions as well as guard. All-Conference selection as a senior.

Positives: ""Adequate college lineman whose next level ability is overrated in many circles. Strong at the point, stays square, and works to finish blocks. Adequately adjusts to defenders, keeps his feet moving, and flashes ability in motion. Fights with his hands, controls opponents at the point of attack, and keeps his head on a swivel.""

Negatives: Gets tall as the play proceeds. Must improve his blocking balance. Does not get much movement run blocking. Lacks top footwork off the edge.

Analysis: ""Coming into the season, Love was rated as one of the better tackle prospects in the senior class, but his play last season was unspectacular and his performance during the Senior Bowl was poor. He lacks the fundamentals and balance to stay at the tackle position and must improve his overall game to ever break into a starting line-up in the NFL.""

Projection: 5th"

Pick Analysis: The Vikings get a developmental prospect to groom for a role as a swing backup. Love has the size to be an effective guard on the next level.

Love is an aggressive player who shows good inline power to get movement on defenders as a run blocker. However, he is a waist-bender and lacks lateral quickness which will probably force him to move from OT to OG.

Prospect Rank: 122

Love is capable of playing right tackle or guard, which are two weak depth positions for the Vikings.

"Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: Love is a massive, long-armed, mauler with the competitiveness desired on the Vikings' offensive line. He could project inside for Minnesota and adds more depth at multiple positions."
    Love the idea that he can be a backup/swingman. I just wonder if he would have slipped and could have possibly been brought in as a UDFA.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

DeMarcus Love, Vikings – He lasted until round six because of knee issues, but strictly from a talent perspective, he could have been a second rounder.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-3332.html

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I doubt he goes UDFA. He was rated pretty well, and especially considering we can't sign any UDFA's yet, it would be tough to manage.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

How many years has he been here & Marrdro still doesn't know what forum draft related threads go into? :side:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

A closer look: sixth-rounder DeMarcus Love

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/121316214.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096437
    How many years has he been here & Marrdro still doesn't know what forum draft related threads go into? :side:
    well, to be fair, I suppose he IS a Viking now. Maybe this thread will explode and grow into the next "official Brett Favre thread", we don't want it buried in a two-year old sub-forum.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

"I'm the same guy that might have had that first-round grade," he said. "The struggles I went through will only add fuel to the fire. It makes you want to work for the team that believed in you. Not everyone gets this opportunity, and I'm just blessed."

-Demarcus Love

That quote really stuck out. Seems like he's going to be our Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast