Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Del's Take

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Del's Take

"Del Rio" wrote:
    This isn't about jumping ship, I could care less who jumps ship. If you have doubts go cheer for one of your other 6 favorite teams. Do what every makes you guys happy.

If you don't want to be on for the ride then don't. If you just feel like bitching an blowing off steam have at it.

If you want to jump ship and come back next week after we start winning again I'll be the first to give you a hand back on the wagon.

my post wasn't directed at you, just all the folks who want to only cheer when its easy. If you're just blowing steam, have fun. Everyone needs to be able to do that!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Antoine Winfield from Star Trib" wrote:
    Fans overboard: Cornerback Antoine Winfield said he realizes that a lot of Vikings fans are probably ready to jump ship right now, and he said he wouldn't blame them.

"I wouldn't watch us anymore," he said. "We're not putting anything good on the field. We're not scoring; we're not really stopping anybody. I don't know, though. That's me."
    Not advocating jumping ship, just thought this deserved to go here.

I think AW is saying it is alright to be frustrated, sounds like he is.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Does that go for next year then too?

Maybe a 7-9 team going 16-0 and winning the SB, we shouldn't expect that.

JK -snowinapril-

well what I ment was, this team underwent alot of changes and this is really a season for them to come together and learn how to play as one. and This season can really set up next season.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Antoine Winfield from Star Trib" wrote:
    Fans overboard: Cornerback Antoine Winfield said he realizes that a lot of Vikings fans are probably ready to jump ship right now, and he said he wouldn't blame them.

"I wouldn't watch us anymore," he said. "We're not putting anything good on the field. We're not scoring; we're not really stopping anybody. I don't know, though. That's me."
    Not advocating jumping ship, just thought this deserved to go here.

I think AW is saying it is alright to be frustrated, sounds like he is.
    I hope he's frustrated. He should be...he's been getting smacked around himself a bit on the field.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    well what I ment was, this team underwent alot of changes and this is really a season for them to come together and learn how to play as one. and This season can really set up next season.
    I think our players were just as hyped as we were going into the season. Maybe they took it too lightly going into it. I hope that doesn't happen next year, with all the coaching changes and possibly the player changes.

I think that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. It is hard for me to believe they are trying that hard based on their performances and off the field digressions.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Del Rio wrote:

Smoot you hurt us yesterday, K. Williams you hurt us yesterday, Goldberg you hurt us yesterday, and Rosey you played like pooh, I hope it hurts. Although something tells me it doesn’t.

IMO Culpepper played a good game. Or I will at least say an improved game.

I don't know about Culpepper. I was only able to listen to the game on the radio via Field Pass, and the two radio jocks, ex-Viking players, kept saying in the 2nd half how badly Culpepper was over-throwing his receivers, once on a wide-open Williamson in the end zone. They were wondering why C-Pep wasn't sat down in the 4th when the game was out of reach, and the ball given to Brad Johnson, at least to try to spark the team.

Another point the jocks made was the lack of play execution. During the week, they watched the practices, and noted how everyone played crisply and effectively, only to see them come into the game and act like they were mystified at what they should do. They couldn't understand how a team could get it so right during practice, and so wrong during the game. In their opinion, whatever was wrong, they didn't believe the coaching was the problem.

Many people on the team can play not entirely up to their potential and cause the team to struggle, but the main reason a team will struggle is the quarterback, who can play poorly enough for the team to lose. If the quarterback is not playing well, the team will have a poor chance to win at best. I don't know what Culpepper's problem is, or what the solution is. But, given his stats right now, and the decisions he has made on the field, and his overall play in general, I feel that, if there is one position that is causing the Vikes the most headaches this year, it is the quarterback. Either Culpepper needs to figure out what to do, or bench him.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Many people on the team can play not entirely up to their potential and cause the team to struggle, but the main reason a team will struggle is the quarterback, who can play poorly enough for the team to lose. If the quarterback is not playing well, the team will have a poor chance to win at best. I don't know what Culpepper's problem is, or what the solution is. But, given his stats right now, and the decisions he has made on the field, and his overall play in general, I feel that, if there is one position that is causing the Vikes the most headaches this year, it is the quarterback. Either Culpepper needs to figure out what to do, or bench him.
    I agree that DC played better yesterday than he has previously this season. He was doing a fine job until the INTs. He was taking what was given to him. We were playing safe.

I also agree with you. I have been waivering on this(pulling DC) since someone mentioned it about 3 games ago. If anything, it would validate things for us, and for DC.

If BJ goes in and gets creamed and throws INTs, we can say it must be the O line and or play calling.

If BJ goes in and puts drives down the field together and hits WRs, then we know it is possible to do. DC would know that it is possible.

I am not giving up on DC, but from a hind-sight perspective, I wish that TICE would have atleast put BJ in during the ATL or CIN game to allow DC from further entering the slump and to possibly prove that driving the field was and is a possibility.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post there by Del. I agree with him 100%.

Del Rio Guest

Webby I knew what you meant man, I was just trying to let people who posted here that I don't care where they stand as a fan. It's just frustrating.

I know it's ugly and I know you don't like it guys. Was it an improvement over our team from last year? NOPE

Was it an improvement from our other loses this year, yes I do think so.
    That's what matters this year, these players, these coaches. I think they are working through things.

I like that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345