Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Del's Take

Re: Del's Take

Same story, different game...Some good looking drives that come to a screeching halt because the team keeps shooting itself in the foot. A loss is a loss, I don't care what the stats say.

6-KINGS Guest

I watched the game one time which was enough for me.

I came away with this:

We..........we uh...........we are not that strong of a team.

Yeah, umm...............they need to give back all the money to season ticket holders with a letter of apology for impersonating a pro football team.

They are beyond any doubt the worst NFL team to take the field anywhere in the last 37 years I have watched the NFL.
    And I have seen some pretty bad teams folks.

But inspite of that, I am and always will be a Viking fan.
    This is just one of those years that can't get over soon enough.
    And I will watch every game on DirecTV or any other station they are playing on.
    I will have my Viking Tattoo re-inked in Nov.
    I will recieve tons of Viking gifts for Christmas and I will love everyone.
    I will still go back and read My old Viking Updates from the 1980's and keep my memories of Tommy Kramer, Joe Sensor alive and kicking.
    I will look at my football cards from the 60's, 70's and 80's.
    I will lay them out on the table in the formations they ran and just pop a top on a cold can of SKOL Beer and raise my glass, to my team, my heroes and my purple heart that shall forever be a part of me , and I of it.

SKOL 6-KINGS

Del Rio Guest

"vikefan in WI" wrote:
    Same story, different game...Some good looking drives that come to a screeching halt because the team keeps shooting itself in the foot. A loss is a loss, I don't care what the stats say.
    Yeah we did lose.

We will continue to lose until we fix mistakes and work through them.
    Stats are stats, they are the fruits of the labor, tale the lazy way out. Whatever gets you by.

I disagree with the above poster the offense did improve.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I don't know Del. That might be an appropriate breakdown and somewhat optimistic view of where this team is at. The first half of the game I was sitting back saying yea, this is what I wanted to see. Vikings controlling the game, marching up and down the field, good defense. But bottom line, they can't get the ball in the endzone.

Bad play calling, bad personnel, mistakes, ... whatever. This team (including the coaching staff) does not appear to be improving or gelling in my book. Its easy for the defense to look better when playing an offensive team like the bears, but offensively, 3points. Just isn't cutting it. In my book its poor execution all around on offense. Until that ball is in the endzone they need to have a mental attitude that stands up for an entire drive. Its just not happening.

bobdole is offline Waterboy

your team probably has sex parties before the game which makes them blow

Del Rio Guest

"tastywaves" wrote:
    I don't know Del. That might be an appropriate breakdown and somewhat optimistic view of where this team is at. The first half of the game I was sitting back saying yea, this is what I wanted to see. Vikings controlling the game, marching up and down the field, good defense. But bottom line, they can't get the ball in the endzone.

Bad play calling, bad personnel, mistakes, ... whatever. This team (including the coaching staff) does not appear to be improving or gelling in my book. Its easy for the defense to look better when playing an offensive team like the bears, but offensively, 3points. Just isn't cutting it. In my book its poor execution all around on offense. Until that ball is in the endzone they need to have a mental attitude that stands up for an entire drive. Its just not happening.
    Like I said that is my take.

Fact of the matter is this, fewer sacks allowed against one of the best defenses.

More turnovers created by the defense. VERY FEW 3rd an 10+ a lot of 3rd and less then 6. Accurate passing for the most part, an attempt to run the ball with random success against a top 5 defense.

I don't care what people think, the wins will begin to roll in. They just have to be worked for, nothing comes easy for this team ever, this is no different.

I am not opposed to negativity in this post though. I admit it was ugly, a loss is a loss. I saw some improvement, I don't watch the game like most people do I guess and if you know me at all you know I don't own any purple shaded sun glasses.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikefan in WI" wrote:
    Yeah we did lose.

Stats are stats, they are the fruits of the labor, tale the lazy way out. Whatever gets you by.

THe O did improve.. We actually have a running game.. And the blocking was good until they blitzed every play.. Burleson will be back and should help a little.. Division is still wide open.. 1 game out only

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikefan in WI" wrote:
    Yeah we did lose.

3 points in 60 minutes is not the sign of an improved offense.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"vikefan in WI" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikefan in WI" wrote:
    Yeah we did lose.

3 points in 60 minutes is not the sign of an improved offense.
    It is hard to score against a D like that bro.. 3rd ranked in the league.. We had some mistakes but did improve

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I appreciate all of the positives, however the Vikes need to start stringing the positives together, over say a half or heaven forbid a game. I realize that there were some positives to take from Sunday, but I still question the offensive play calling, it was horendous, what was with the last possession of the first half, they darn near gave the ball back!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast