Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Del's Take

Del Rio Guest

Del's Take

I know everyone is boo hooing right now. So if this doesn’t sit well with you then print it out and wipe your ass with it. I watched the game….two times. I will say there were some very good plays that game and some things that really make me happy. Unfortunately for us there were a handful of bad plays at the worst time that lost us the game. Don’t let the score deceive you. Read on if you give a shit.

We got the ball 1st.

Drive #1: 3 first downs, 100% accuracy the ball is moving zero penalties. We burn out, no big deal chip shot field goal. Brad Johnson miss handles the snap. We turn the ball over on downs. Not a good way to start the game. We rebound though and play tough.

Defense #1: They got one first down, the best lineman we have L. Johnstone records a sack. Also you get a very good stop by the safety everyone loves to hate C.Chavous right at the line. They punt.

Drive #2: During this drive you see a very nice 18 yard completion to M.Robinson. We stall out and end up with a 3rd and 5. Not a bad situation to be in IMO. So from SHOTGUN?? We dump a pass off to M.Moore against a team with Urlacher? Needless to say. We punt.

Defense #2: Pass interference call on Antoine Winfield keeps the drive alive but they stall and they punt.

Drive #3: On 3rd and 9 Culpepper runs for the first down. Moore is ineffective around the left side. 16 yard pass to M.Robinson, 52 yard field goal missed. Should have punted IMO. Bears get good field position……†¦doesn’t mean shit because…..

Defense #3: The Safety everyone loves to hate Corey Chavous recovers a FUMBLE we in business!!

Drive #4: 4 first downs and then WTF Wiggins false start. OK we are fine WTF Goldberg holding. 23 yard field goal we SETTLE for it. Son of a bitch.

Defense #4: 3 and out YES!

Drive #5: 3 and out. Keep in mind it was a 3 and out with us looking at 3rd and 3. Lots of options yet we run Bennett to the left? WTF?

Defense #5: BIG MISTAKE ALERT. First off we get a sack. Kevin Williams hooks us up along with Scott (one of my favorite linemen) Although it will not make up for the ultimate fuck up that Kevin Williams does for us later on. So it is 2nd and 16 no problem. Actually there is a problem there is a 4 yard run with E.J Henderson getting a 5 yard face mask. So 2nd and 16 turns into a 2nd and 6. Doesn’t matter anyway because Smoot gets caught sleeping and gets burned for 15 yards. The proceed to score a TD.

Drive #6: 3 and out. 2 incomplete passes. Then on 3rd and Ten we try a run? To the………yo u guessed it left side.

Defense #6: Penalty on Pat Williams no big deal, because NEWMAN FUMBALIA RECOVEROSA!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Drive #7: 31 yard pass to Troy Williamson, oh it’s so pretty…oh so pretty…. Followed up by a Goldberg off sides and my personal favorite, a Rosey holding. Despite the penalties we manage 3rd and 3. Pass incomplete no big deal 32 yard field goal will make it 6-7 but what’s that you say? A tipped/blocked FG. NO fucking way…..yes way.

Defense #7: 3 and out. Who was the man with the 9 yard sack? Who was the man with the 9 yard sack when we needed one big time? Napoleon Harris was the man with the nine yard sack. Bears punt.

Drive #8: What is it? What’s that you say ROSEY HOLDING YES I love rosey holding makes me feel so good. Culpepper throws an interception. Arguably his only poorly thrown ball of the day, and it’s a big one, ran back to the 3 yard line.

Defense #8: Tired Defense, hostile crowd, 3 yards to defend, TOUCHDOWN Bears.

Drive #9: 3 and out. 3rd down and six and an Incomplete pass………. .damn.

Defense#9 Ok lets talk about defense #9 a bit. We are down 3-14 at this point. Our team has done some damn good things, we seem to have a curse. That is all about to change my friends because defense #9 is the game breaker. It is the play that makes you win, or makes you lose. Someone who’s name rhymes with Kevin Williams screwed us so hard we never recovered. Beautiful sack by Newman causing a game altering FUMBLE!!!!!!!!! Henderson makes up for his previous face mask that cost us by running it back for a TOUCHDOWN!!! TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS!!! TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS!!!! 10-14 YES!!........................wait what’s that? KEVIN WILLIAMS WAS OFFSIDES?..........shit

They punt eventually.

Drive #10 12 yard sack by Urlacher 3rd and 19 incomplete. We punt.

Defense #10: Bears go 62 yards in 3 minutes poor defense by Smoot coupled with a pass interference on Smoot hurts us bad………à ¢â‚¬Â¦

Drive #11: We abandon the run. 3 and out.

Defense #11: This is getting bad, but who comes to the rescue? That’s right people. It’s the safety everyone loves to hate. C. Chavous with a big game interception!!!!!!!INTERCEPTION CHAVOUS OMG OMG the gods rain down glory upon us!!!!!!!!!

Drive #12: A pass by Culpepper is tipped by his receiver into the air, we all know what happens next FUCK catch the DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INT

Defense #12: No biggy 3 and out

Drive #13: 5 minutes to go in the game, we are backed up deep into our own area we are down 3-21. 4th and 9 to go they bring the house Urlacher sacks Culpepper.

Defense #13: 1 yard TD run.

Ok doubtful you made it this far into the post. This is where I try to make some sense of that game. It was a good game on our part in many many ways. I am encouraged by it. There were a few plays that we simply needed. No question about it we needed those plays. Penalties got us, incomplete passes got us, running to the left side of the line when it failed over and over and over got us. Receivers dropping the ball got us.

This team is quickly dividing up on one side of the line you have the men, and the other stands the boys. The men work hard every game, the men are the people who win games, who bleed who could care less that they make ESPN’s front cover. The boys on this team are a waste of space. I would not be surprised AT ALL if you went down the list of mistakes and poor play you would find that most of the guys who had a bad day were directly involved with the boat trip.

M. Moore ran with heart.
    M Robinson got it done
    T. Williamson got it done
    Chavous no doubt got the job done.
    Newman continues to get the job done
    Pat Williams gave it all he had.
    D. Scott, L. Johnstone, N. Harris

Smoot you hurt us yesterday, K. Williams you hurt us yesterday, Goldberg you hurt us yesterday, and Rosey you played like shit, I hope it hurts. Although something tells me it doesn’t.

IMO Culpepper played a good game. Or I will at least say an improved game. Defense was great except penalties. Offense was hot and cold, and face it the Bears have a serious defense. The best LB in the NFL in my eyes. They were bringing the heat ALL GAME. IMO you eliminate a few mistakes and your looking at a W. IF we are a few mistakes away from winning then that isn’t bad.

The score is deceiving. 3 yards? 1 yard? Who in the NFL couldn’t get a score with that field position? (don’t say us you sorry assholes :grin: ) There was a lot of good to come out of that game. I am impressed.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Del's Take

Very VERY nice post! I totally agree with everything.. I was just gonna post something like that.. If they didn't blitz every play we could have got something done maybe.. They are the 3rd ranked D I believe and they played like it.. Next week we play a horrible D and get a W!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Good post Del. I totally agree with your analysis. As always, a couple key plays and #@$%ing penalties keep us from winning games.

Do you agree that we are the worst redzone offense in the league? I dread the Vikings getting in to the redzone. When we are in the opposing redzone we have only three plays:
    - Fade to Robinson
    - Throw an interception
    - Take the checkdowns and settle for a FG
    I believe the redzone offense is where we miss Moss the most.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Way to break it down Del. Aside from those easy scores we weren't that far off. Consentration and execution are what we are lacking and a border game against the pack just might get our consentration where it needs to be. Great Post Del.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Phat Pat Williams had a good game, he played with heart and a lot of Vikings were not!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

There should have been a TD to Troy Williamson, wide open going to the corner of the end-zone and C-pep through a terrible pass! It should have been 6 points.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It's just so frustrating. I'm drained that's pretty much all I got.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

"Big C" wrote:
    Good post Del. I totally agree with your analysis. As always, a couple key plays and #@$%ing penalties keep us from winning games.

Do you agree that we are the worst redzone offense in the league? I dread the Vikings getting in to the redzone. When we are in the opposing redzone we have only three plays:
    - Fade to Robinson
    - Throw an interception
    - Take the checkdowns and settle for a FG
    I believe the redzone offense is where we miss Moss the most.
    I agree to a point. I mean statistically no doubt. The problem in my eyes is the play calling. The shortest distance between two points and yet we continue to dump it off for 2 yards or run around the ends. I think we run around the ends because that's where our only blocking advantage may be. Our TE's Sasser especially can block fairly well.

I still pray for the day that the Vikes line up in the I and pound the ball. I would also argue Mo Williams should be in EVERY redzone play. Not only should he be in he should have plays designed for him in certain situations.

At this point after watching this game, I feel it is just a matter of working through it. It's not pretty but it is gelling.

See everyone was like OMG I LOVE THE NEW TEAM YES YES PRAISE ALLAH!!!!! Oh yeah I know they have to gel, but once they do wow we will be good.

I don't know about you but Gelling is not always easy. Especially with the magnitude of change we are looking at here. Some things that are beautiful endure a violent and Ugly birth, that is why I enjoy the games especially since I personally have noticed a lot of improvement.

This is gelling gentlemen. It's not pretty, but it is what it is. When we hatch out of the cacoon we will be better for it. You can't pull and plug players and expect it to work.

mrviking28 is offline Starter

I would say you are half right. I will agree the defense had a solid game just got put in bad situations by the offense. And as far as the offense goes, I saw no improvement on what we should be improving on which is mental mistakes and bad play calling.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    There should have been a TD to Troy Williamson, wide open going to the corner of the end-zone and C-pep through a terrible pass! It should have been 6 points.
    That was a bad pass, but did you see what was biting his ankle?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast