Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JLDII is offline Rookie

Defensive Depth??

If we have any injuries, how well will our back ups be able to fill the shoes of our starters?

I think we have a top 10 defense with our starters, but how much of a drop off do you think we will have if we have to use our backups for any extend time?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

Defensive Depth??

I don't think we're too badly off. Brian Williams, I think, can start if Winfield or Smoot goes down. We'll have Russell and Carter and possibly Irvin to back up our safeties. We've got a lot of raw talent, if not experience in our non-starting linebackers. The only area I'm concerned about is the D-line. Mixon and Johnson will provide okay depth, but they wouldn't add nearly the same punch, particularly in the pass rush.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Defensive Depth??

"JLDII" wrote:
    If we have any injuries, how well will our back ups be able to fill the shoes of our starters?

I think we have a top 10 defense with our starters, but how much of a drop off do you think we will have if we have to use our backups for any extend time?
    Injuries WILL happen. Great topic JLDII.

Angryviking is offline Starter

Defensive Depth??

I think it'll slip but i don't think it'll be the end of the world. It should be better than last year, cuz our backups have a yr of playing under Cotrell and so they know the scheme. but hopefully nobody will get too badly injured
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Depth??

we seem to have SO much depth considering we have lots of new defensive starters.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Defensive Depth??

Alot of the backups will be starters from last season it seems like. Brian Williams, Russell, Spencer Johnson, Mixon, Henderson or Thomas maybe. All of those guys provide pretty solid depth. Plus other players like Johnstone, Steve Martin, Irvin, Offord and Nattiel are all, at worst, decent backups.

vikefan4ever is offline Training Camp

Defensive Depth??

the depth will be great. i dont see us having to sign a terrance shaw again at least.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Defensive Depth??

"vikefan4ever" wrote:
    the depth will be great. i dont see us having to sign a terrance shaw again at least.
    yeah i agree with you

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Depth??

We have considerably better depth than last year, especially at corner and LB.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Defensive Depth??

I hope that of we do have any major injuries, that they players that have to step-up can do so and play very well. Just like the Patriots. Seems like anybody they put in really rose to the challenge and made an impact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast