Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Defensive Aggression

I'd rather they make aggressive physical mistakes then the mistakes they seem to be making now. I think if the coach puts them in a position to make a play they will have a better chance then "hey you guys stand 10 yards back while this pretty good reciever picks you apart." At least this way they can be aggressive and be physical. Mistakes are ok as long as they are good ones.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Aggression

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'd rather they make aggressive physical mistakes then the mistakes they seem to be making now. I think if the coach puts them in a position to make a play they will have a better chance then "hey you guys stand 10 yards back while this pretty good reciever picks you apart." At least this way they can be aggressive and be physical. Mistakes are ok as long as they are good ones.

Amen to that Del Rio! (we finally agree on something) :cheers:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Defensive Aggression

We agree? Scary oh wait I can fix that Hovan for prez!

Defensive Aggression

I think we need someone, be it a veteran or a rookie, (Cough------Winfield-----cough) to step up as a defensive leader on and off of the field because atleast to me it seems like our D plays for themselves and then for the team. We have tons of outstanding talent that just needs a little more direction!
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

Defensive Aggression

I agree MIB88, thats what I thought Winfield would bring..that hard hitting attitude they had in Buffalo. The coaches need to walk the walk with this more agressive play stuff, and need to learn how to alter gameplans during the game like someone else said. Instead of having Shaw cover their Stud receiver, why didnt we put our 35 million dollar man on him? I want to see our D win a game for us! I have a feeling we will see something on Sunday night though..

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Defensive Aggression

WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM WITHOUT AN INT. JUST NOT RIGHT.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Aggression

"hovan" wrote:
    WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM WITHOUT AN INT. JUST NOT RIGHT.
    As long as we keep winning, it doesn't bother me too much...I am much more concerned about other teams' third down conversion rates against us (don't know what the number is, but it can't be too good based on what I have seen so far). To let other teams sustain long scoring drives against us just exposes our defense as one that can't make the big plays when they matter most (stopping the opposing team on first and second down doesn't mean sh*t if you let them convert on third down). Might as well let them score on the first play and get the ball back and let our offense match them TD for TD all game (I say this sarcastically, of course).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Aggression

In the texans game it wasn't the 3rd down convertions but the 4th down convertions that killed us last game. We aloud 5-15 3rd downs but i think we gave them every 4th down play they attempted.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Defensive Aggression

Cottrels scheme must suck when it comes to picks. In new york i dont ever recall the jets getting many picks from there secondary and lbers. Gotta say it but olearys scheme was better when were getting 3 picks a game.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Defensive Aggression

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    Its tough to be agressive when you have SO many injuries and young players who are making mistakes.
    If we could just get over the Injuries Man our secondary would be the best the talent is there in the young guys we need things to just jell...it will happen, cotterl is good for the team and will work it out...

SKOL...our D will work and hold it will come together and surprise everyone....
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast