Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Defenses will 'stack the box' against us all year

Let them stack. It won't stop the run game. Run is obviously our strong point, thus it is obvious that teams will try to stop us running and force us to pass. They key is not if the will stack the box, it is how we will handle it. I think we are talented enough to run anyways, and hopefully set up playaction because of our effective running.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    Let them stack. It won't stop the run game. Run is obviously our strong point, thus it is obvious that teams will try to stop us running and force us to pass. They key is not if the will stack the box, it is how we will handle it. I think we are talented enough to run anyways, and hopefully set up playaction because of our effective running.
    Well played.
    Great point.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"V" wrote:
    Exactly.

I STILL don't know why a lot of people have no faith in T-Jack. Most of us can see this, but the rest of the NFL should be prepared for his emergence this year. Not saying he's going to be a pro bowler. but he's going to be pretty effin' good if you ask me,

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"baumy300" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Exactly.

I STILL don't know why a lot of people have no faith in T-Jack. Most of us can see this, but the rest of the NFL should be prepared for his emergence this year. Not saying he's going to be a pro bowler. but he's going to be pretty effin' good if you ask me,
    All I want him to do this year is not make a lot of huge turnovers.
    Don't try to force anything.
    The TD's will come as will the passing game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Exactly.

All I want him to do this year is not make a lot of huge turnovers.
    Don't try to force anything.
    The TD's will come as will the passing game.
    I think that's Childress' game plan, right?

I we just set up short passes to our TE's and use a few quick slant routes, we will keep the D on their toes. I know we could average about 35-40 run plays a game though, and still have two decently fresh backs. But we are still going to have to pass. It all will come down to drops I believe.

I can't wait though. One more week.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"StillPurple" wrote:
    My worst fear is increasingly coming true: lack of a threatening passing game to open up the field, will allow opposing defenses to "stack the box" by bringing safeties in for run support, into the "box" (the area right behind the defensive line). AP and Chester will be running into a box set up to beat the run. I hope I am wrong about this, but I increasingly fear it.

I still think the running backs can have good years, even if this does happen. I mean, Thomas Jones for the Bears had good years even when defenses stacked the box, and I think Adrian Peterson is going to be better than Jones.

But just be prepared to see this a lot this year.
    What, the discussion in this thread wasnt good enough for you?

Vikings to see 8 in the box all season

The passing game can only be better then last year, a year which the run did fine for the great majority of the year last year, and has been MUCH upgraded since. Your not presenting anything new here.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Last year
    Childress
    Unproven QB
    Who at WR?
    A good line
    2 good RB's

I hope it did not require too much thought to come up with this.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

oh i'm not too worried about it CT & AP are both studs.. im excited

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    My worst fear is increasingly coming true: lack of a threatening passing game to open up the field, will allow opposing defenses to "stack the box" by bringing safeties in for run support, into the "box" (the area right behind the defensive line). AP and Chester will be running into a box set up to beat the run. I hope I am wrong about this, but I increasingly fear it.

I still think the running backs can have good years, even if this does happen. I mean, Thomas Jones for the Bears had good years even when defenses stacked the box, and I think Adrian Peterson is going to be better than Jones.

But just be prepared to see this a lot this year.
    What, the discussion in this thread wasnt good enough for you?

Vikings to see 8 in the box all season

The passing game can only be better then last year, a year which the run did fine for the great majority of the year last year, and has been MUCH upgraded since. Your not presenting anything new here.
    LMAO.
    This guy basically created a duplicate of his own thread!
    Someone needs to revoke his thread starting privileges! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Big C is offline Coordinator

It is what it is. I am more worried about our WRs than TJ. TJ handled a lot of pressure pretty decently against the Seahawks and took shots when the recievers were 1-on-1 (8 men in the box). The one to Troy was a beauty but (of course) he couldn't haul it in. Troy is NOT a deep threat reciever. Need to look for someone else to fill that up and get him more involved in the crossing patterns and short routes.

What this all adds up to is a lot of field goals. I'm hoping AP and TJs legs are the x-factor to our Red-Zone offense this year.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast