Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Calmwind is offline Starter

Defense wins championships?!

Smoot came out with to ol' "Offense sells tickets. Defense win championships." But does it? Wasn't the Redskins in the top 3 Defenses last season? They didn't make it to the post season! We all know a well rounded team is what does it. Look at the Pats and Eagles. They are pretty good on both sides of the ball. I feel if our D gels quikly this season, we will be a powerhouse team this year!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Defense wins championships?!

"Calmwind" wrote:
    Smoot came out with to ol' "Offense sells tickets. Defense win championships." But does it? Wasn't the Redskins in the top 3 Defenses last season? They didn't make it to the post season! We all know a well rounded team is what does it. Look at the Pats and Eagles. They are pretty good on both sides of the ball. I feel if our D gels quikly this season, we will be a powerhouse team this year!
    Defense wins championships when they are scoring. Look at the Ravens when they won the Super Bowel that team was scoring on both sides of the ball. Also look at what Tampa Bay did to the Raiders scoring on both sides of the ball.

Defense wins championships, the Offense sells tickets. So it dpends on what you are trying to do. But I would like the Vikes to get a good pass-rusher.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Defense does win championships...or at least will get you to the super bowl 9 times out of 10! The vikings of the 70's were proof of that. Washington had the 3rd best D in the league...BUT...the 3rd worse Offense in the league! And why? Well Patrick Ramsay...who was also the 3rd worse passer in the league explains a lot!

Defense is important, but you have to have something that resembles an adequate offense...the Vikes still have that with Culpepper, Wiggins, Smith and Burleson. We still need another good WR to go far and maybe another pass rusher on D but frankly, I'm speechless as to how things have been coming together for us! I still wish we could of kept Randy...but that's a done deal and I'm starting to get my positive charge back for the Vikes. I hope Red or Tice won't srew this up somehow!!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

When the Raven's won the superbowl they had a streak of like 4 games without an offensive touchdown, but they won all 4 games. Defense definately does win championships, it just has to be good enough.

The Ravens are starting to scare me! If they had a Quarterback that didn't suck they could be a Superbowl team this year!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Defense does win championships, but you also need a decent offense on the other side, like a good run game.

Special teams is always nice...great for field position, winning close games, and changing momentum with TDs.

Coaching is also a necessity.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Bucs did not have that good of an O when they won the SB.

You just need an Offense that will not make too many mistakes.

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

I agree you need both. The Jets D was fantastic, but the offense was crap. Thus, the D stayed on the field too long, etc.

Field both and you'll win.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

The Jets O will be better with Coles,
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

i wouldnt say that it might be alittle better but how can you get that big of an improvment swapping number 1s especially someone who underachieves as much as coles
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

How does coles underachieve? I think he has done pretty good in his career, and look at who his QB has been lately. I guess it's just a matter of opinion!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast