Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    truvikefan is offline Training Camp

Defense Sucks, Offense average

Our offense just isnt really that good ormike tice dosent get our team ready.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

Hold on! Our o had more yeards total than the Iggllles I bet We just didn t FINISH just like the 1st matchup YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

well covered

They're D covered us really well today. I wouldn't say our offense sucks though.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Yards don't mean shit if you can't score any points.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

Thats a FACT 23
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Do not blame the defense, i DO NOT blame the defense, they got stops, plain and simple. The offense had chance after chance after chance and they did not convert. The offense sucked they lost us the game, we cant score 7 points on the road and expect to win. You have to capatilize when you are in field goal range. The play callling was horendace, alot of stupid calls.

The offense had numerous chances in the 2nd half and had a great opportunity to win. The defense held the Eagles to 2 FG's in the 2nd half and Philly had that lucky TD.

berserkers is offline Rookie

I think Tice completely mis-coached that game

Our offense can be an amazing thing of beauty when used properly, but it rarely is.

Michael Bennett is not a good running back. In the wide open college game he was successfull because of his speed. In the NFL he he horrible because you need some sort of cutting and slashing ability to open up that space for yourself in order to take advantage of that blazing speed, and he can't do that.

The Vikings try to implement in "inside" rushing game, and then fail to utilize the "inside" rushers that we have. SOD and Mewelde are the two best RB's on the team, and they are the two least used. Why?

Also, there were several piss poor coaching moves in this game. Opting for the trick play instead of either going for the TD or the FG was a bad idea. Just take the damn points. We never use trick plays, so we decide to try it for the first time from 4th and goal? The mis-communication wasn't Tice's fault, but going for the trick play at that point in the game was, and it was a bad decision. We needed the points...

The 4th and 22 decision was also horrible, As Vikoles pointed out .... A FG would have given us some needed points..... it was worth a shot.

I guess it's easy to sit here and play monday morning QB with the play calling, but I can;t help but feel like we could have managed that game so much better.

If it was up to me, I would have pounded Mewelde Moore and Onterrio Smith, and beat down the Eagles defense that way. That would have opened up the passing game. I would have used Burleson more on the short-intermediate passes. We started doing that right after the half and began to have alot of success with it, and then we got away from it again. I can guarantee that if we pounded Mewelde Moore and used short west coast style passing to Wiggins and Burleson, we would have won that game.

How many passes did we throw to Wiggins? One I think... that is just horrible play calling. He's one of our best weapons and we totally ignored him....

As for defense, they actually weren't that bad today. There were some really bad mistakes by Henderson and Dontarious Thamas, but nothing that cost us the game. Penalties by our Linebackers was a real problem.

The defensive line did not provide ANY pressure for Mcnabb. We need to do something to remedy that in the off season. Maybe one really solid FA pick-up at Defensive End.....
    I think Udeze will be a good one, and obviously Williams is strong on the inside, but they were manhandled today.

Brian Russell is who I am most annoyed with right now, and I strongly believe that he has no business being in the NFL. He is clearly afraid to get his body in there and hit people. He is timid. It wouldn't be so bad if he was positionally sound, or if he had a good head for the game, but he doesn;t posess that either. He is often out of position, he is not overly dast, he can't wrap on tackles, he is timid and afraid to hit, and now we can add that he can't catch to that list as well. he dropped two easy picks in this game, and was nowhere to be found on several passing playes where the reciever got behind the CB.... Russell absolutely needs to go. If we see him on this team next year, there is something very seriously wrong. I hope I am not the only one who sees this...

that's my what I saw. Those are the reasons why I believe we lost.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Too many droped balls and I have always wanted to trade Bennett. Hopefully they finally will to get a better draft pick and let SOD and MM get it done. MM had about 30 each kickoff and don't understand why he isn't in the game more often. Moe is very important to this team as was shown today. With Rosenthal and Jimmy K back healthy next year I am very opptomistic

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

A lot of dropped passes on the O side of the house. Play calling... I dunno. Early in the game we did some four WR sets that seemed to stretch the D out, but then Moore/or others didn't pick up the blitz, so it didn't matter.

What I don't understand is why we were (ONCE AGAIN) playing ten yards off a bunch of receivers who are average at best!?!? And why didn't we blitz more. The first series after the half we blitzed McNabb and it was four and out. Then we didn't blitz much. Our pass rush was abysmal, even with the "contain McNabb" philosophy driving the scheme. The white Russel had two ints thrown into his numbers and didn't catch either. How could the D coordinator put together such a great scheme last week against the slackers and then fail so miserably this week?

Finally, the ball just didn't bounce our way. Oh well... Still love my Vikes!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast